RX - 1st Gen (1999-2003) Discussion topics related to the 1999 -2003 RX300 models

Freaking P0125

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-07, 08:01 PM
Meetya
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Okay, I think I am getting too much hot air in my intake. If I take my foot off gas on high speeds the car starts to jerk [like it is chocking on fuel mixture] and immediately throws P0171 and P0125. I already replaced the MAF sensor with a remanufactured one, but it still could be defective. I am thinking to take the entire throttle body out, clean it, silicone TB-to-manifold gasket, and reassemble everything again. I still have no idea now P0125 related to P0171.
Old 06-23-07, 08:57 PM
Meetya
Pole Position

I changed my mind. This does not make sense. If leak was in throttle body it would be giving same stuff on idle. I will first try to replace MAF sensor again.
This is like "do it yourself", nobody is helping me on this one.
Old 06-23-07, 08:59 PM
Lexmex
Super Moderator

Received 161 Likes on 137 Posts

Were you able to get the freeze frame data?
Old 06-23-07, 09:07 PM
Meetya
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Lexmex
Were you able to get the freeze frame data?
Not yet I got there at 3pm today and they told me to come back on Monday because they were closing at 4. We talked about MAF sensor, they recommended to try a factory new instead of remanufactured one. And I left.
Old 06-23-07, 09:20 PM
Lexmex
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Meetya
Not yet I got there at 3pm today and they told me to come back on Monday because they were closing at 4. We talked about MAF sensor, they recommended to try a factory new instead of remanufactured one. And I left.
Wait for those numbers, I want to see them.
Old 06-23-07, 09:47 PM
Meetya
Pole Position

Wait for those numbers, I want to see them.
What numbers should I ask for? I doubt that they will print me graphs and 10-page summary of what is going on. Wanna talk to my main man? I will give you his number His name is Juan Rivas

You know what would be cool? To borrow a working MAF sensor from someone near DFW with 1MZ-FE, drive with it for 10-15 miles and see how the parameters are different. But doubt it is possible in US. In Russia I would resolve everything in one day. 80% of mature drivers are DIY, may be it is a cultural difference, may be it is genetics ;-)

PS: Guys, I am just kidding, please don't get offended
Old 06-23-07, 09:56 PM
Lexmex
Super Moderator

What numbers should I ask for? I doubt that they will print me graphs and 10-page summary of what is going on. Wanna talk to my main man? I will give you his number His name is Juan Rivas

You know what would be cool? To borrow a working MAF sensor from someone near DFW with 1MZ-FE, drive with it for 10-15 miles and see how the parameters are different. But doubt it is possible in US. In Russia I would resolve everything in one day. 80% of mature drivers are DIY, may be it is a cultural difference, may be it is genetics ;-)

PS: Guys, I am just kidding, please don't get offended
I want to know what numbers you are seeing off both banks of sensors.

In Mexico, nobody is a mature driver. It is a never ending process of maturing. We incidentally joke down here that it is something in the water.
Old 06-23-07, 10:18 PM
Meetya
Pole Position

I want to know what numbers you are seeing off both banks of sensors.

In Mexico, nobody is a mature driver. It is a never ending process of maturing. We incidentally joke down here that it is something in the water.
Ron,
They are not constant numbers, they are graphs.
You want to know averages?
Anyway I will get everything possible from them and post it here.
Old 06-23-07, 10:23 PM
Lexmex
Super Moderator

Ron,
They are not constant numbers, they are graphs.
You want to know averages?
Anyway I will get everything possible from them and post it here.
Dmitry,

I know that, but when I use the advanced scanner my uncle's friend has, I can see numbers coming across from both banks and I attempt to note highs and lows.

Now, if they are going to give you more than that, that would be even better.

Ron
Old 06-30-07, 06:45 PM
Meetya
Pole Position

I Finally Fixed This!
A/F Heater Fuse was misplaced inside the fuse box. Mechanics accidentally put it in "spare" slot.
Drove for 30 miles today. No codes.
23.0 MPG cruising at 80 MPH with A/C on.
24.1 MPG cruising at 60 MPH with A/C on.
24.9 MPG cruising at 60 MPH with A/C off.
Old 06-30-07, 07:09 PM
TunedRX300
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I Finally Fixed This!
A/F Heater Fuse was misplaced inside the fuse box. Mechanics accidentally put it in "spare" slot.
Drove for 30 miles today. No codes.
23.0 MPG cruising at 80 MPH with A/C on.
24.1 MPG cruising at 60 MPH with A/C on.
24.9 MPG cruising at 60 MPH with A/C off.
Thanks for the feedback. Lexmex posted resetting EFI fuse helped him to clear clogged MAF generated code. Is this a different fuse?
Old 06-30-07, 08:06 PM
cobravap
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats! Took a while. But must be nice.
Old 06-30-07, 08:43 PM
Meetya
Pole Position

Originally Posted by TunedRX300
Thanks for the feedback. Lexmex posted resetting EFI fuse helped him to clear clogged MAF generated code. Is this a different fuse?
No, they put a 25A fuse in wrong spot. That fuse was responsible to provide current to Heaters of Oxygen Sensors on both banks before catalyst. Since heaters did not work correctly ECM was getting wrong data from sensors thinking that air/fuel ratio is too lean, injecting more air and fuel into intake popping P0125 and P0171. That intoxicated engine on too much oxygen during warm-up, rain, and on 1000-4000 RPMs (lower temperature) causing, 4-9 MPG, "jack rabbit start" and jerking of the vehicle. It is all smooth now. I just need to return an extra pair of A/F sensors and 2 spare MAF sensors back to dealer/stores. That is ~ $500 in extra parts.
I will post pictures of the fuse and how it was misplaced, tomorrow. It is too dark to take photos right now.
Old 03-10-09, 07:46 PM
capnfred
Rookie

Does not p0125, say that the EFI coolant sensor is not reaching a sufficient temp. for the system to go to closed loop operation. There is a separate sensor for the efi system, that has no bearing on what the temperature guage is reading. I have a 93 ES300, but I am pretty sure that all the engines probably have the same sensor..there are many temperature sensors on the engine so get the right one. If the computer does not sense the coolant temp. is right to go to closed , it will not run right, the mileage will suffer, and there mite be other driveability issues.
Old 06-23-12, 09:17 PM
RobUniv
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Guys. Need help. 01' ES300 I've changed both A/f sensors. Checked a/f fuse and it is good. Still getting P1135 and 1155 codes. Next thing to check from what i've read is the a/f relay in the fuse box. I don't know which 1 it is??? There is no a/f relay that I can see. I've pulled both the HTR fuse and relay, one is a 50 amp box fuse and the other is a box relay. Is this the 1 that needs to be checked? How can u tell if the relay is bad?? Supposedly they say if this relay is good, then they say the ECM needs to be replaced I believe. Any help would be greatly be appreciated.

Quick Reply: Freaking P0125