RX - 1st Gen (1999-2003) Discussion topics related to the 1999 -2003 RX300 models

Brembo Blank rotors for RX300

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-06, 08:39 AM
tuxlexus
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brembo Blank rotors for RX300

Hi,

Can anyone help me if there is a vendor that sell Brembo OEM Blank rotors?

Thanks,

-Johnny
Old 11-19-06, 04:38 PM
TunedRX300
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

www.buybrakes.com.
There are tons of guys selling on ebay, but few of them sell real Brembos.
Old 11-19-06, 05:01 PM
Carver
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I got mine from speedydynamic.com. They're real.

Old 11-19-06, 07:32 PM
tuxlexus
Driver School Candidate

Thank you all! I read from the search that tirerack has them but thye are currently out of stock with the rear rotors for AWD. So I will try the sites you mentioned. I already got the Akebono pads from rockauto.
Old 11-20-06, 01:33 PM
TunedRX300
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

When I checked last year, Brembo does not have a rear application for RX300 AWD. Be careful not to buy Brembo rotors that fits the rear for FWD.
I think Tire Rack does not stock them because they don't exist, let me know if things have changed.
Old 11-20-06, 02:17 PM
tuxlexus
Driver School Candidate

According to their site, the ones for AWD will be available for 11/27/06, next Monday.

http://www.tirerack.com/brakes/resul...ategory=Rotors

Originally Posted by TunedRX300
When I checked last year, Brembo does not have a rear application for RX300 AWD. Be careful not to buy Brembo rotors that fits the rear for FWD.
I think Tire Rack does not stock them because they don't exist, let me know if things have changed.
Old 11-20-06, 04:21 PM
gp1200x
Rookie

Are the front Brembos vented and the rear solid from speedydynamic.com? Price for a set?
Old 11-20-06, 08:46 PM
Carver
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by gp1200x
Are the front Brembos vented and the rear solid from speedydynamic.com? Price for a set?
Yes, vented front and solid rear, I paid 219 for the four. I just checked on eBay and speedydynamic isn't currently selling anything and has acquired 48 negs in the last 12 months (out of a couple thousand deals since 04) and has made his feedback private. I had no trouble with him at all but I want you to have all the information possible to make your decision.

The option at purchase was drilled, slotted or both for that price. I chose drilled only. I have about 600 miles on the combination and couldn't be happier. The Akebonos are dust free, quiet and have great stopping power. The rotors are rock solid and smooth.

One quirk, under spirited braking the rotors sort of "sing", kind of a whirring as the pads go over the holes. Under normal use there's no sound at all but if you're about to crawl up the behind of a Mack truck and really stand on them that little Brembo song reminds you you have holes in your rotors. Don't get me wrong, it's not unpleasant, just different than solid rotors.

Old 11-20-06, 08:49 PM
Carver
Lexus Champion

Also, my car is FWD so I'm unable to address the rear rotor situation for the AWD. It was no problem getting all four for the FWD.
Old 11-20-06, 08:54 PM
tuxlexus
Driver School Candidate

Well, I checked speedydynamic's website and it was not functional. The product page is not working. I called the number from the contact page and the number is not working anymore. I also went to buybrakes.com and they don't have Brembo OEM blanks for the 2003 AWD. So I went with Tirerack. The fornt rotors will be shipped soon. The back rotor is backordered but the estimate delivery date is next week. The back rotors are a little pricey at $75, but I have good experience with them on my car so I went ahead and order them.

Originally Posted by Carver
Yes, vented front and solid rear, I paid 219 for the four. I just checked on eBay and speedydynamic isn't currently selling anything and has acquired 48 negs in the last 12 months (out of a couple thousand deals since 04) and has made his feedback private. I had no trouble with him at all but I want you to have all the information possible to make your decision.

The option at purchase was drilled, slotted or both for that price. I chose drilled only. I have about 600 miles on the combination and couldn't be happier. The Akebonos are dust free, quiet and have great stopping power. The rotors are rock solid and smooth.

One quirk, under spirited braking the rotors sort of "sing", kind of a whirring as the pads go over the holes. Under normal use there's no sound at all but if you're about to crawl up the behind of a Mack truck and really stand on them that little Brembo song reminds you you have holes in your rotors. Don't get me wrong, it's not unpleasant, just different than solid rotors.

Old 11-20-06, 09:46 PM
Carver
Lexus Champion

You'll have no troubles with Tirerack.
Old 11-21-06, 11:27 AM
tuxlexus
Driver School Candidate

Yeah, I picked the Indiana warehouse (on special order for the rear one) and a tirerack call me within 5 minutes that it would be better for me to switch to the Delaware warehouse since they show arrival date of next week. That was fast customer service.

Originally Posted by Carver
You'll have no troubles with Tirerack.
Old 11-21-06, 04:14 PM
Francis
Pole Position

What is the minimum width of the rear rotor? Mine is just more than a quarter inch.
Old 11-22-06, 01:52 PM
hitthepin
Driver

Originally Posted by Francis
What is the minimum width of the rear rotor? Mine is just more than a quarter inch.
Not sure for FWD, but for AWD it should be:

Rear, solid disc. thickness spec, 10.00mm
Old 11-22-06, 04:27 PM
bob2200
Driver

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

10mm (1.0 cm) is a little over 3/8ths of an inch

Quick Reply: Brembo Blank rotors for RX300