Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Special Interest Forums > Lexus Motorsports and Racing > Road Course and Auto-X
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

So I just signed up for my first track event...

Old 10-20-12, 02:12 PM   #16
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic
Trader Score: (0)

8 25 minute sessions will kill the brakes if they are already on the edge and the tires will take a beating. Thats over 3 hours of hard driving. Have a great time. It's addictive
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!

2010 LEXUS ISF
FEATURES:
2007 GS350

Readers Rides of the month Modified Magazine December 2009
Readers Rides Super Street Magazine June 2010

2003 INFINITI G35 Rearders Rides Super Street Magazine 7/05
2007 Lexus GS350 / 2007 Lexus LS460 / 2010 Lexus ISF
I8ABMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-12, 10:32 AM   #17
RocketGuy3
Lexus Test Driver
Trader Score: (1)

Send a message via AIM to RocketGuy3

Well the only part of my brakes that's on the edge is the rotors up front. The pads and brake fluid were both replace about 7K ago. The rears haven't been replaced, but they still had a decent amount of life at that time.
"Extras": Sapphire Black AME Tracer FS-01's, 18x8.5" & 18x9.0" | Tein CS coilovers with EDFC | F-Sport Sway Bars | FIGS 90-durometer front LCA bushings | HKS Hi-Power exhaust | Joe-Z intake pipe | GFX front lip | Red-out tail lights | Huper Optik 30% all around | Vaistech SLI iPod integration
Next up: Just some paint and body work, and then she is COMPLETE
RocketGuy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-12, 11:39 PM   #18
dsp979
Lead Lap

Most cars have understeer built in by manufacturers.

With your setup, and the addition of the Fsport sway bars, you will definitely cause more understeer.

Have fun!
89 240SX hatch 5MT - DD, autox, track car (DSP #979)
71, 72, 74 Celicas - new projects!
www.prodigaltuning.com
dsp979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-12, 04:06 PM   #19
RocketGuy3
Lexus Test Driver

Man, I've been having some crappy luck with my car lately.

Anyone know how dangerous it would be to take my car to the track with a slightly bent rear rim? I hit something on the road that put a bubble in my tire and put a bend in my rim. I'm going to get the tire replaced, but I was hoping to put off the rim repair for a couple weeks (which would be after I go to the track).
"Extras": Sapphire Black AME Tracer FS-01's, 18x8.5" & 18x9.0" | Tein CS coilovers with EDFC | F-Sport Sway Bars | FIGS 90-durometer front LCA bushings | HKS Hi-Power exhaust | Joe-Z intake pipe | GFX front lip | Red-out tail lights | Huper Optik 30% all around | Vaistech SLI iPod integration
Old 11-25-12, 07:05 PM   #20
Justin2JZ
Lexus Champion

Justinstayfly22 Court2981 justinzs160
Send a message via Skype™ to Justin2JZ

Even though you can probably get away with running it on a slightly bent rim, you don't wanna test your luck because the tire can de bead mid corner. So just be on the safe side and repair the rim.

1999 GS300

2008 BMW 535i JB4

2014 Infiniti QX80
Justin2JZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-12, 09:16 AM   #21
RocketGuy3
Lexus Test Driver

Hopefully no one is getting annoyed with my reposts of these questions, heh.

But thanks for the tips, man. Debeading, huh? You really think that would happen with a fairly minor bend that didn't cause a leak or imbalance? That would be some serious shizz if the tire could debead from this...

I'm getting my pre-race inspection done now, so hopefully I'll find out if it's a problem soon... and hopefully it'll be good news. I guess worst case scenario, I still have my OEM wheels that I can spend ~$100 getting re-installed if necessary. Just hope it doesn't come to that. Although it might actually be good for me in one other way -- my rear wheels have an offset that is 15 mm more aggressive than stock, which from what I hear could potentially wreak havoc on my bearings.

One last question -- do you guys who track your car usually change your oil before and/or after track events? Or do you stick to your regular change intervals?

Last edited by RocketGuy3; 11-27-12 at 12:34 PM..
Old 11-28-12, 11:52 AM   #22
marshall2j
Pole Position

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketGuy3 View Post
Hopefully no one is getting annoyed with my reposts of these questions, heh.

But thanks for the tips, man. Debeading, huh? You really think that would happen with a fairly minor bend that didn't cause a leak or imbalance? That would be some serious shizz if the tire could debead from this...

I'm getting my pre-race inspection done now, so hopefully I'll find out if it's a problem soon... and hopefully it'll be good news. I guess worst case scenario, I still have my OEM wheels that I can spend ~$100 getting re-installed if necessary. Just hope it doesn't come to that. Although it might actually be good for me in one other way -- my rear wheels have an offset that is 15 mm more aggressive than stock, which from what I hear could potentially wreak havoc on my bearings.

One last question -- do you guys who track your car usually change your oil before and/or after track events? Or do you stick to your regular change intervals?
I change mine before events. Sometimes after. Are you using synthetic?
10 G37x Sedan- Wifes
marshall2j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-12, 07:11 PM   #23
mrBillFL
Pole Position

Hi guys, I'm new here, but long time HPDE instructor for P-cars. (pboc/nasa/pca/chin/safe/scca)

this guy wrote a great set of articles on HPDE. VERY worth reading. (the IS is front wheel? trail brake more, never lift, etc)

http://redlinerennsport.homestead.com/DriversEdEd.html

brakes and tires get used up at the track. and you must hydrate. you brain fades big time if you're not hydrated.

'look ahead' is the eternal mantra. and slow in, fast out.
mrBillFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-12, 07:11 PM

Tags
07, 2007, 2009, 350, es, front, is250, is250350, is350, lexus, lip, matador, offset, reviews, rims, wheels, white