Track day Pics - Club Lexus Forums

Go Back   > > >
Log In 

Track day Pics

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-12-11, 08:10 AM   #1
juice14
Lexus Champion
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Ga
Posts: 2,297
Default Track day Pics

Went to the track about a month ago to test my new brake pads. found these pics on a webcite. the pads are EBC redstuff and worked great.

Ill be going next month again to test the Front Fsport Sway-bar. Currently I only have the rear swaybar. I found the car to be oversteering and leaning too much sometimes (maybe in my head). I think this front bar will make a noticeable difference at the track. Or at least I hope so...
anyways here are the pics:











juice14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-11, 08:15 AM   #2
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator
iTrader: (2)
 
DaveGS4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 27,120
Default

Is your passenger (or instructor) on his cell phone?

Nice pics, what track?
DaveGS4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-11, 08:24 AM   #3
A1Lexis
Lexus Test Driver
iTrader: (6)
 
A1Lexis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,135
Default

Those are some great pics! The 3rd shot shows some incredible amount of front body lean. What damening are your coils set at?
A1Lexis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-11, 08:44 AM   #4
giantdefy
Driver
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: CA
Posts: 156
Default

Civic in the photo is using a K-car Japanese yellow plate! Only the mini 3 cylinder cars use those plates! LOL!
giantdefy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-11, 08:44 AM   #5
Deegee
Lexus Test Driver
iTrader: (1)
 
Deegee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: tx
Posts: 862
Default

thats bad *** man cool pics!
Deegee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-11, 09:15 AM   #6
KangstaxD
Lead Lap
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: PA
Posts: 566
Default

Man I love your cars. Thos VMR are sick!
KangstaxD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-11, 09:41 AM   #7
juice14
Lexus Champion
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Ga
Posts: 2,297
Default

thanks for the comments

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveGS4 View Post
Is your passenger (or instructor) on his cell phone?

Nice pics, what track?
just a passenger, he was trying to record some videos on his phone jeje
The track is called "Autodromo Mobil 1"


Quote:
Originally Posted by A1Lexis View Post
Those are some great pics! The 3rd shot shows some incredible amount of front body lean. What damening are your coils set at?
I had them Full stiff, lets see if the front swaybar helps some body roll when I install it. Whats weird is the front right tire looks like its about to come off the rim :s

Last edited by juice14; 01-12-11 at 09:48 AM.
juice14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-11, 09:45 AM   #8
iRock
Lexus Champion
iTrader: (10)
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 4,111
Default

That's awesome nice find!
iRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-11, 10:58 AM   #9
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator
iTrader: (2)
 
DaveGS4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 27,120
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by juice14 View Post
just a passenger, he was trying to record some videos on his phone jeje
The track is called "Autodromo Mobil 1"

So this is in the Dominican Republic? Just wondered, at any track I've been to in the US you'd have been black flagged and brought in for a passenger doing that sort of thing. Any loose equipment is a non-starter and a camera has to have some soft of fixed mount.
DaveGS4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-11, 11:07 AM   #10
juice14
Lexus Champion
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Ga
Posts: 2,297
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveGS4 View Post
So this is in the Dominican Republic? Just wondered, at any track I've been to in the US you'd have been black flagged and brought in for a passenger doing that sort of thing. Any loose equipment is a non-starter and a camera has to have some soft of fixed mount.
yea, wow did not know that, it makes sense they shouldnt let you do that. I have a mount but it vibrates alot, i got it on ebay for like 15 bucks or something. do you know about a nice mount I can get that doesnt vibrate so much?
juice14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-11, 11:22 AM   #11
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator
iTrader: (2)
 
DaveGS4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 27,120
Default

My wife's camera shakes a good bit too, but her track car is setup so stiff you can't physically move it by pushing it up & down on the trunk (think she's running 900 lb springs in the back, metal bushings, etc).

Hers is a roll bar mounted type that wouldn't work for you. You might want to look for a headrest mount that is long enough to go under the driver's headrest rods (with your weight on the seat to keep it from vibrating so much) or a strong suction cup mount like the one that comes with a GoPro Hero HD depending on the kind of camera you have.
DaveGS4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-11, 11:22 AM   #12
Hoovey2411
Moderator
iTrader: (16)
 
Hoovey2411's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: California
Posts: 33,463
Default

Cool pics Juice. Id love to track mine someday, now that I got the fsport chassis brace to go along with my sway bars, strut bar, and coils
Hoovey2411 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-11, 11:28 AM   #13
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic
iTrader: (55)
 
projectdna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: California
Posts: 7,209
Default

pics look great.

if it's not too inconvenient, can you share with us your set-up aside from the EBC pads and the f-sport rear sway bar? i assume coilovers?

also, i'm curious, what's the biggest handicap (in your opinion) of the isx50 on a road course?
projectdna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-11, 01:34 PM   #14
juice14
Lexus Champion
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Ga
Posts: 2,297
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveGS4 View Post
My wife's camera shakes a good bit too, but her track car is setup so stiff you can't physically move it by pushing it up & down on the trunk (think she's running 900 lb springs in the back, metal bushings, etc).

Hers is a roll bar mounted type that wouldn't work for you. You might want to look for a headrest mount that is long enough to go under the driver's headrest rods (with your weight on the seat to keep it from vibrating so much) or a strong suction cup mount like the one that comes with a GoPro Hero HD depending on the kind of camera you have.

dang thats a stiff set up.. I think ill figure out a way to put it on the seat. I had it on the rear window because its kinda cool to see the driver too.



Quote:
Originally Posted by projectdna View Post
pics look great.

if it's not too inconvenient, can you share with us your set-up aside from the EBC pads and the f-sport rear sway bar? i assume coilovers?

also, i'm curious, what's the biggest handicap (in your opinion) of the isx50 on a road course?
My set up is BC racing coilovers, rear swaybar, 235-35 / 265-35 Michelin PS2 tires (huge difference over stock tires).... Drilled rotors with EBC redstuff pads... and a little bit more over 100 pounds on weight reductions (if that makes a difference in this case)

For a stock IS350 id say the handicap is a combination of the chasis and suspensions set up and how soft it is. I dont think the weight is a huge problem considering its about similar weight as competitors like the 335i and G35. Even though lexus didnt make this a performace oriented car, but i still think they could have made the car perform better without compromising too much comfort. On the other hand, the IS350 is a much smother ride than the 335i and G35 IMO.

For my car, I feel like body roll and is my number the enemy, thats why im hoping the front sway bar helps a lil bit. Not being able to play with the alignment its kinda anoying too, the car oversteers too easy and I think this could be corrected with better alignment settings. The PS2 tires grip really well at the track and they let you see the car's weaknesess more than with regular crappy tires. However, I am very happy with the balance I have between street comfort and ocasional track use.

Last edited by juice14; 01-12-11 at 02:05 PM.
juice14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-11, 01:35 PM   #15
Sffd103
Fire Slayer
iTrader: (16)
 
Sffd103's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: NorCal
Posts: 10,541
Default

Looks fricking cool dude!! Nice job...bet your heart was racing!
Sffd103 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Some pics of my set up. New Michelin PS2... juice14 IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) 47 05-09-10 10:55 AM
Installed roof spoiler juice14 IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) 32 07-28-09 01:48 PM
Can anyone photoshop these calipers on my car? juice14 Photoshop Forum 8 03-15-09 05:15 PM
White on black with black and black, etc. IS juice14 IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) 24 03-05-09 02:30 PM
Got some new Volks. juice14 IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) 64 01-27-09 07:59 PM


Tags
autodromo, day, er33, is250, lexus, mobil, suck, track, turanza

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:10 PM.


Copyright © 2000-2016 Internet Brands, Inc. All Rights Reserved