Road Course and Auto-X Discussion about road course, time trial and autocross racing.

I want to see some Track Cars!

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-10, 05:41 AM
scmissle
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I want to see some Track Cars!

Just as the title reads, i want to see some SC300's built for the track! Im not talking about the once a month type of car, but a car that gets out and gets some track abuse. Most of the cars I have seen are nicely built, luxurious lexus's that look pretty.I wish mine could look like that but since it can't i want to see some that are beaten up from a race track. Also I want to know what suspension is being used, how much power, weight reduction, and anything else that has performance in mind, not comfort. I spent 1600 on a car that has potential, but not enough potential to ever look like Half of the Lexus' on this forum, so Its gonna stay ugly. I bought it to turn it into a budget track car, so now I want to see some.
Old 11-30-10, 06:29 AM
Jared36
Rookie

Here's my "track only" sc400 build thread, still a work in progress.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-...-sc-build.html
Old 11-30-10, 10:04 AM
scmissle
Rookie

Now thats what Im talking about! Car is looking good, i'll be following your build. I can't wait to get mine going, especially after seeing yours.
Old 12-01-10, 04:59 PM
Jared36
Rookie

Thanks! You still looking for a car to start with or when are you starting?
Old 12-03-10, 12:58 PM
scmissle
Rookie

I have a 1995 I just bought about a month ago. Since I just had a son, i wont have money to play with until spring. I am however doing a measurement on what I can do for weight reduction right now. Going to have the car gross weighed and corner weighed, and since free mods are removing weight, im going to start there. Since I want to compete in the street class in time attack, im going to have to keep full interior, but custom cloth door panels are taking over the plastic, boat carpeting is light and that's going in, and the rear seats are coming out and being carpeted over. A month or so I will have thew Holset HX40 off my friends dodge truck, im not worried about peak power, I want a broad power range and quick spool and Im being creative so im doing a DIY intake manifold and turbo manifold. The goal here is a truly budget built and capable car.