Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Special Interest Forums > Lexus Motorsports and Racing > Road Course and Auto-X
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Autocross & Spring choice...

Old 02-08-10, 09:05 PM   #1
Seattle_IS
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (1)

Default Autocross & Spring choice...

I've done autocross a few times with friends, but also want to get springs...

My rims are F: 19x8.5 +45, R: 19x9.5 +35. Tires are 235 & 275.

Does anyone have any input on if I would rub with Tein S Techs? Or should I stick with a more conservative drop? Autocross is too fun to give up for a slightly lower drop...

Any input would be awesome, thanks.
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
Seattle_IS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-10, 09:22 PM   #2
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Personally if I was tracking the car I'd want to stick to linear springs, not progressive ones.

AFAIK all the aftermarket springs for this car are progressive springs.

That pretty much leaves you with:

keep it stock

Find a set of OEM sport suspension springs (NOT F-sport, sport/X package ones)- drop is only 0.4 inches front, but they're linear and firmer than regular stock springs...and I've yet to see anyone test for the actual ideal ride height for the track on this car to know if any lower will benefit you or not.

Coilovers with linear springs on em (this will let you dial in exactly the drop you want and find the optimal height for the track, but it'll be a relatively expensive option).
Old 02-09-10, 12:11 AM   #3
Seattle_IS
Driver School Candidate

Well, I'm not so much concerned with increasing my times... it's more of just a hobby that I will do maybe 3-4 times a year.

My main concern is being able to get a drop in ride height that will look a lot better, while at the same time keeping the ability to track it if I want to without worrying about rubbing and scraping every hard turn.
Old 02-09-10, 01:02 AM   #4
Sytfu_IS
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (4)

Send a message via AIM to Sytfu_IS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seattle_IS View Post
Well, I'm not so much concerned with increasing my times... it's more of just a hobby that I will do maybe 3-4 times a year.

My main concern is being able to get a drop in ride height that will look a lot better, while at the same time keeping the ability to track it if I want to without worrying about rubbing and scraping every hard turn.
Get Airforce suspension, will cost a lot but it'll be exactly what you're looking for or you can just get normal coilovers and ride a tiny bit high and set to stiff setting for track and normal for normal driving.

http://www.airforce-sus.com/airtank.htm
Old 02-09-10, 05:15 AM   #5
juice14
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (0)

you shouldnt rub on the front. you might rub on the rear depending on the profile of your 275. just cut the fenders

IS350: Intake, Midpipe, Axle-back exhaust, 19" wheels, Coilovers, Sway Bars, Headers coming soon, 5% Tint all around
juice14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-10, 07:52 AM   #6
TLP_IS350
Pole Position

dude if ur tracking the car get coils
/6500K low beam/3500k fog/LED parking lights/F-Sport intake/F Sport Shift ****/Tanabe Medallion exhaust/Invidia Mid-Pipe/F-Sport shocks/F-Sport springs/red out tails/GFX Lip Kit/GFX Rear Lip Spoiler/20% 3M Tint/Illuminated Door Sills
TLP_IS350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-10, 04:44 PM   #7
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

19X9.5 45 offset 275/30/19 rear tire does not rub with Eibach 350's. Popular lowering springs will have no problem. The springs aren't the problem (rubbing) but rim width, offset, tire sizes can be a problem.
Old 02-10-10, 10:33 PM   #8
Seattle_IS
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for the input guys, I will probably be getting the Eibach 350 springs.
Old 02-11-10, 07:00 PM   #9
KI_GSE21
Lead Lap
Trader Score: (5)

If you run the TEIN S-tech and concerned with rubbing with your wheels in the rear, you can run 265/30/19 tires. My rear wheels are 19x9.5 +35 and I am running 265. No problems at all since it's only stretched a very small amount. I am slammed on coilovers and I don't have rubbing issues at all in the rear. Hope this helps.
2004 Toyota Corolla S (retired)

KI_GSE21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-10, 11:45 PM   #10
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource
Trader Score: (2)

Send a message via Skype™ to lobuxracer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI_GSE21 View Post
If you run the TEIN S-tech and concerned with rubbing with your wheels in the rear, you can run 265/30/19 tires. My rear wheels are 19x9.5 +35 and I am running 265. No problems at all since it's only stretched a very small amount. I am slammed on coilovers and I don't have rubbing issues at all in the rear. Hope this helps.
Sorry dude, but a 265 on a 9.5 rim isn't stretched at all. It's a standard fitment. The MkIV Supra came with 255/40/17s on a 9.5" rim in the rear.

'08 USE20L−FEZRHA Obsidian
'93 JZA80L-ALFVZA Alpine Silver

Most performance mods need a watch and timed course to demonstrate actual improvement. Few deliver the advertised claims. Many are actually worse than stock. The best performance mods are made to the driver.

Emotional arguments - They're not just for chicks anymore.
lobuxracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-10, 11:45 PM

Tags
350, autocross, clublexus, coilovers, is350, lexus, linear, progressive, sport, spring, springs