Road Course and Auto-X Discussion about road course, time trial and autocross racing.

Getting back into watching endurance and school me on GR as well as class changes.

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-23, 05:12 AM
Oneops
Driver

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Getting back into watching endurance and school me on GR as well as class changes.

Yo hey hi!
Very cool to see Lexus still involved and doing well! P1 in qualifying!
The car was in early development when I watched last. 3-4 years ago I think. I think Scott Pruett was involved with it then.
Car doesn’t look to have changed much? Livery still looks really similar.
Did the car get that much better or has class adjustment benefited it? Last I saw it was kinda a mid to back of the pack package.
I’m trying to catch up on at least last years action with Imsa, wec as well as few others.
Didn’t see any entries on the world stage so far. Both championships look to have done away with the gt1 class and everyone has had to build a gt3. Weird to see a gt3 spec Vette.
The prototypes seem to be about the same with the imsa not being the same as world for the p1 cars. But that’s changing for this year I’ve heard them talking quite a bit about during broadcasts.
So I’ve been into Toyota on the 4x4 side of things and getting into some of jdm stuff for both on and off road stuff. Hadn’t heard of the Gazoo racing til last year with the little hot hatch they released with gr badging and now seeing it on the wec prototype team. Is this something old I’ve missed and they’re bringing it back or something new?