RC - 1st Gen (2015-present) Discussion about the new Lexus RC model

Software update coming mid-June for NAV and Bluetooth

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-15, 06:14 AM
GearHead69
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Software update coming mid-June for NAV and Bluetooth

I just did the first service on my car, and asked about any software updates. I was told that in mid-June a software update will be coming out for the NAV and Bluetooth. The Bluetooth update is to address issues with Samsung and iPhone's, and others. I'm not sure what the NAV one is about as I was mostly interested in the phone update as my Contacts keep graying out even though I see the Contacts and Call History transferred, and when I try to make a call and I get the dreaded "Pardon". I have a Samsung S5.

You might want to check with your Service Advisor in mid-June and get the update installed.

Last edited by GearHead69; 05-30-15 at 06:16 AM. Reason: Changed title to be more accurate
Old 05-30-15, 10:22 AM
EvolutionR
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GearHead69
I just did the first service on my car, and asked about any software updates. I was told that in mid-June a software update will be coming out for the NAV and Bluetooth. The Bluetooth update is to address issues with Samsung and iPhone's, and others. I'm not sure what the NAV one is about as I was mostly interested in the phone update as my Contacts keep graying out even though I see the Contacts and Call History transferred, and when I try to make a call and I get the dreaded "Pardon". I have a Samsung S5.

You might want to check with your Service Advisor in mid-June and get the update installed.
Finally lol it's so hard to find an adress with the voice command.... Makes me wana say " do you understand English!!!" To my car... Or speak Japanese lol
Old 05-30-15, 05:46 PM
Nightcrawl
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In the Australian cars, they don't even give us the option to enter a destination address by voice. I guess our accents are too hard to understand!
Old 05-31-15, 06:52 AM
GearHead69
Instructor

Originally Posted by EvolutionR
Finally lol it's so hard to find an adress with the voice command.... Makes me wana say " do you understand English!!!" To my car... Or speak Japanese lol
I agree 100%. Last time I tried to put in an AZ address using VC it gave me New York. I don't mind a road trip but that is ridicuious.
Old 05-31-15, 06:56 AM
GearHead69
Instructor

Originally Posted by Nightcrawl
In the Australian cars, they don't even give us the option to enter a destination address by voice. I guess our accents are too hard to understand!
Your accent is easier to understand than many English (England) accents.
Old 07-08-15, 02:36 PM
GearHead69
Instructor

Hi All,

Just got called by the dealer, and I will be having the newest update for the NAV, Bluetooth, and Stereo installed on July 15th. The Western Lexus rep is coming to the dealer with a thumb drive for now to take care of vehicles that have been put on a high priority. After these vehicles are dealt with it will be released to all. I will keep you informed as to what exactly they will be fixing when I bring it in.

Cheers
Old 07-16-15, 06:14 AM
GearHead69
Instructor

Just got my firmware update on Wednesday, and this is what they fixed:

NAV system locking up
iPod issues
Bluetooth connectivity for Android and iPhone's

If you are experiencing these issues contact your dealer and ask for the update. It won't be released until September, but they will do it before if you complain about these issues.

Last edited by GearHead69; 07-16-15 at 06:20 AM.
Old 07-16-15, 02:04 PM
Nightcrawl
Driver

Just got my firmware update on Wednesday, and this is what they fixed:

NAV system locking up
iPod issues
Bluetooth connectivity for Android and iPhone's

If you are experiencing these issues contact your dealer and ask for the update. It won't be released until September, but they will do it before if you complain about these issues.
I wish they'd release a firmware upgrade to speed up the responsiveness of the system as a whole. There is a such a long lag (up to one second) after selecting almost any item. If it was programmed efficiently you would expect it to be instantaneous.

It might sound silly, but this sort of thing can feed into perceptions of the speed of the car overall.
Old 07-16-15, 02:41 PM
GearHead69
Instructor

Originally Posted by Nightcrawl
I wish they'd release a firmware upgrade to speed up the responsiveness of the system as a whole. There is a such a long lag (up to one second) after selecting almost any item. If it was programmed efficiently you would expect it to be instantaneous.

It might sound silly, but this sort of thing can feed into perceptions of the speed of the car overall.
I understand what you are saying. Give me an example so I understand completely, and I will test it on my car and get back to you.

When I asked the rep what exactly was addressed he just gave me the three items above, and would not give me any detailed info.
Old 07-16-15, 08:17 PM
Canesguy
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I understand what you are saying. Give me an example so I understand completely, and I will test it on my car and get back to you.

When I asked the rep what exactly was addressed he just gave me the three items above, and would not give me any detailed info.
Who's your dealer, if I might ask?
Old 07-16-15, 11:21 PM
Armitutz
Driver School Candidate

I doubt it will happen but I was kinda hoping there would FINALLY be a nav map for Guam. It's not super important but it would be nice to have it.

The bluetooth update is hopefully a good one.
Old 07-17-15, 07:52 AM
GearHead69
Instructor

Originally Posted by Canesguy
Who's your dealer, if I might ask?
Superstition Spring Lexus. I couldn't wait for it and they got me a loaner to take to work. They are a great bunch of people.