juvi22003
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Best looking exhaust so far !
Old 05-26-15, 10:28 AM
Darkside81
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Finally something from ARK. This one doesn't sound as deep as the usual ARK setups but hopefully that is just the fact that they are on Photobucket and we are just hearing the badly compressed version. Any chance on getting a better upload?
Old 05-26-15, 11:23 AM
drbazing
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

RC gets a quad vs IS's dual. I'm disappointed a little bit lol.
Old 05-26-15, 03:44 PM
aWorkOfArt
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice setup! I hope they make one for the RCF, ive always been a fan of ARK since my G37S Coupe
Old 05-26-15, 05:28 PM
Sim
Pit Crew

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ugh that looks/sounds so sick. Jealous! and congrats
Old 05-27-15, 01:02 AM
cobbyy
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How much is it?
Old 05-27-15, 01:50 AM
Sherwink
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cobbyy
How much is it?
I called Ark today, and I was told it it might be around 2 grand. The guy wasn't sure though
Old 05-27-15, 07:21 AM
Darkside81
Rookie

Originally Posted by Sherwink
I called Ark today, and I was told it it might be around 2 grand. The guy wasn't sure though
Past experience says it will be $1600 to $1800. They usually have early adopter discounts if there is a group buy. I got one for my wife's FR-S discounted to $1200 when it launched.
Old 05-27-15, 07:25 AM
Darkside81
Rookie

Originally Posted by EvolutionR
Hey guys just wanted to post a sexy and a beastly sounded exhaust that it will be out soon from ARK Performance!!!! Tee hee 😀😀 and thank them for the time and effor they did to make this exhaust!

Grab some extra tissues for yourself 😂😂😂

From this picture it looks like it will be part of their DT-S line. Did they mention if they are developing a GRIP setup as well? I have always preferred the sound of the GRIP models.
Old 05-27-15, 05:23 PM
VMRWheels
Former Sponsor

Quality stuff! Wouldn't expect any less from Ark Performance
Old 05-27-15, 10:54 PM
EvolutionR
Rookie

Originally Posted by Darkside81
From this picture it looks like it will be part of their DT-S line. Did they mention if they are developing a GRIP setup as well? I have always preferred the sound of the GRIP models.
Well the mufflers they said was a new design instead of the smooth finish with the ark logo.
They told it me its the grip version so far. But they might have some more changes on to it.. The drone is okay at 2k and it gets pretty loud and sexy after it heheh.. I'll do a sound clip inside when I get a chance. Need to find my gopro lol. The goal for ark was to make it a loud and more aggressive pitch than the IS so its not as deep lol. But so far I love it!
Old 05-27-15, 11:09 PM
EvolutionR
Rookie

This might help.. I'll post the other vid later
Old 05-28-15, 11:55 AM
Darkside81
Rookie

ARK performance exhaust Lexus RC350 fsport - YouTube

This might help.. I'll post the other vid later
Sounds great so far, I look forward to the final product. That said I have two questions:

First do you have an intake installed as well? I'm asking because I hear a slight wine mostly on deceleration that seems like it is related to the intake and not the exhaust.

Second the scraping that is audible in the video you made from the interior, is that related to your drop or is that the exhaust scraping? I had scraping issues with an ARK exhaust on my G37 because it hung so low under the car that it would scrape on speed bumps or road imperfections (doesn't look like the case here). I've also had numerous cars that were lowered but never had issues with scrapes that loud unless I was making a U turn very quickly.

Thanks for your feedback by the way.
Old 05-28-15, 01:44 PM
EvolutionR
Rookie

Originally Posted by Darkside81
Sounds great so far, I look forward to the final product. That said I have two questions:

First do you have an intake installed as well? I'm asking because I hear a slight wine mostly on deceleration that seems like it is related to the intake and not the exhaust.

Second the scraping that is audible in the video you made from the interior, is that related to your drop or is that the exhaust scraping? I had scraping issues with an ARK exhaust on my G37 because it hung so low under the car that it would scrape on speed bumps or road imperfections (doesn't look like the case here). I've also had numerous cars that were lowered but never had issues with scrapes that loud unless I was making a U turn very quickly.

Thanks for your feedback by the way.

Stock intake still bro and I have no issues scraping yet. I'm still on stock height and the ground clearance is pretty good don't seem like it will hit anything that easily.. I'll make an interior vid soon . I'm not sure what your saying about scraping sound from the interior prolly iPhone 6 audio lol
Old 05-29-15, 06:10 AM
Darkside81
Rookie

Stock intake still bro and I have no issues scraping yet. I'm still on stock height and the ground clearance is pretty good don't seem like it will hit anything that easily.. I'll make an interior vid soon . I'm not sure what your saying about scraping sound from the interior prolly iPhone 6 audio lol
Oh ok it must have been someone else's video then. At the end of your video YouTube recommended another video and thought it was yours it was also a white RC350 with an exhaust and was shot from the interior. I'll see if I can find it again.

EDIT: I found it. I was watching it at work and in a small window. It turns out it is a IS350 with an ARK exhaust. here is the video:

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: ARK Performance exhaust system