LED Turning Singnal for RC 350

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-15, 10:00 AM
odist
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LED Turning Singnal for RC 350

Hello
For RC350 F Sport, turning singnal lights. Does anyone know from a personal experience, which CANBus LED will fit, and which vendor would have them?
As far as the fitment, I know what size I have to get, but the ones I've purchased are either too wide in diameter to fit into the opening, or some will still cause it to hyper flash (this particular one was from China via Amazon).

I'm trying to avoid resistors all together if possible.
Old 05-23-15, 08:06 PM
GearHead69
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by odist
Hello
For RC350 F Sport, turning singnal lights. Does anyone know from a personal experience, which CANBus LED will fit, and which vendor would have them?
As far as the fitment, I know what size I have to get, but the ones I've purchased are either too wide in diameter to fit into the opening, or some will still cause it to hyper flash (this particular one was from China via Amazon).

I'm trying to avoid resistors all together if possible.
So far I haven't found any that would not hyper flash. I even bought a set from Hong Kong, like you, that did fit, and didn't give an error when using the flashers, but when I used the turn signals they hyper flashed.

Like you I don't want to have the load resistor.
Old 05-23-15, 08:24 PM
odist
Rookie

Originally Posted by GearHead69
So far I haven't found any that would not hyper flash. I even bought a set from Hong Kong, like you, that did fit, and didn't give an error when using the flashers, but when I used the turn signals they hyper flashed.

Like you I don't want to have the load resistor.
Yup, that's exactly what happened to me too.
Old 05-23-15, 09:41 PM
jowsleyyy
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Xenon Depot has some I think

You could ask them over in the lighting department to see if they hyperflash, but IIRC if you get the can-bus option you won't get hyperflash.

You could ask /u/XenonDepot to see if any of these would hyperflash.
Old 05-25-15, 06:38 AM
GearHead69
Instructor

Originally Posted by jowsleyyy
Xenon Depot has some I think

You could ask them over in the lighting department to see if they hyperflash, but IIRC if you get the can-bus option you won't get hyperflash.

You could ask /u/XenonDepot to see if any of these would hyperflash.
I sent them an e-mail asking what is the upgrade option, and will they hyper-flash as I didn't want resistors. I will let everyone know once I get a response.
Old 05-25-15, 06:55 AM
odist
Rookie

Thanks for the info Jowsleyyy. Will shoot them an email

Last edited by odist; 05-25-15 at 06:56 AM. Reason: Forgot to add user name
Old 05-25-15, 06:58 AM
odist
Rookie

I sent them an e-mail asking what is the upgrade option, and will they hyper-flash as I didn't want resistors. I will let everyone know once I get a response.
I did the same. Best of luck to both of us GearHead
Old 05-25-15, 10:03 AM
GearHead69
Instructor

I got a response back and basically if you select the CANbus option you get resistors. Per the manufacturer none of their bulbs have CANbus built in. Back to the drawing board.

Last edited by GearHead69; 05-25-15 at 10:09 AM.
Old 05-25-15, 01:38 PM
odist
Rookie

I got a response back and basically if you select the CANbus option you get resistors. Per the manufacturer none of their bulbs have CANbus built in. Back to the drawing board.
We will keep searching
Old 05-20-16, 11:09 AM
NjDude
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Does any one knows if RCs are CANBUS equipped? As per this site, if our cars are not, then we would need resistors.

"Not every vehicle is CAN bus equipped, so refer to your vehicle’s manual to be sure."

https://www.superbrightleds.com/blog...led-bulbs/293/
Old 05-20-16, 03:29 PM
rcJten
Lead Lap

Received 73 Likes on 53 Posts

I bought these with great hopes for not needing an external resistor.
http://store.ijdmtoy.com/No-Resistor...0-02x-cree.htm

Installed in the rear first, they are very bright and no hyper-flash. I was super happy...until. I installed the first front flasher, and went to check its functionality, and they hyper-flashed. For the price I'm really disappointed. It seems that the lights resistance is slightly less than that of factory bulbs, so you can get away with replacing one. But replace all and they are a no go.

I really like the way these look in the headlights. It looks like a third tiny projector lens, matching the low and high projectors. I have ordered a set of these to install in the rear, in the hopes of eliminating the hyper-flash.
http://store.ijdmtoy.com/No-Hyper-Fl...s-p/20-001.htm

Last edited by rcJten; 05-20-16 at 03:35 PM.
Old 05-21-16, 02:57 AM
tfischer

Received 189 Likes on 143 Posts

It has never occurred to me to switch out the turn signal lights with LEDs, but I am a bit curious to see if this can be done easily and without damage. I did, however, switch out the reverse lights, as has been discussed elsewhere on this forum, and that makes a great difference in providing visibility at night, and is clearly an improvement for the use of the camera for the back-up screen. Do this one first, as it's easy to do and makes a big improvement. The LEDs do come with a warning not to use them elsewhere in the car, as they get very hot - they are designed for short term use in the backup light module only. I did this about a year ago, no negative effects at all, and I recommend it highly.
Old 05-21-16, 11:51 PM
SpeedRcr
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by tfischer
It has never occurred to me to switch out the turn signal lights with LEDs, but I am a bit curious to see if this can be done easily and without damage. I did, however, switch out the reverse lights, as has been discussed elsewhere on this forum, and that makes a great difference in providing visibility at night, and is clearly an improvement for the use of the camera for the back-up screen. Do this one first, as it's easy to do and makes a big improvement. The LEDs do come with a warning not to use them elsewhere in the car, as they get very hot - they are designed for short term use in the backup light module only. I did this about a year ago, no negative effects at all, and I recommend it highly.
Hi. Which reverse LED bulbs did you go with?

Thank you!
Old 05-22-16, 08:29 AM
tfischer

Received 189 Likes on 143 Posts

Speed:
I bought from ijdmtoy.com (August 2015).
The unit, their description, was:
"10-088 360-degee [sic] Extreme Bright 50W CREE High Power 906 912 921 W16W T10 LED Back Up Reverse Light Bulbs, Parking Lights."
The cost was about $30.00.
Old 05-23-16, 10:25 PM
jowsleyyy
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

LED Turns are so nice, I love seeing the highway signs light up b/c i'm changing lanes

but mine have an external resistor on it =\

Quick Reply: LED Turning Singnal for RC 350