RC - 1st Gen (2015-present) Discussion about the new Lexus RC model

A very sad day

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-15, 05:08 PM
pvo
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Angry A very sad day

My car was parked and I was waiting for kids to get out of a class and suddenly I heard a noise and this:

Car is only a few weeks old. Should I bring it to the Lexus dealer for them to do the work or other body shop? I actually never bring a car to Lexus dealer for body work before.
Old 04-29-15, 05:12 PM
cobbyy
Driver

holy ****.. it hurts me by just looking at it.. im sorry for your loss. take it to a reputable body shop if you know someone .
Old 04-29-15, 05:29 PM
caha14
Racer

Received 74 Likes on 58 Posts

It hurts to see this... I am sorry to see.

None of the greater Boston Lexus dealers has its own body shop. Most of them subcontract to various area shops (of varying quality, as I understand from references), and as for the other, the parent company has a "collision center" which I would personally pass on (also based on references).

The dealer I service at deals with Hollis Auto Body in Ashland, and they are very attentive to detail, are good people and work pretty much exclusively on high-end vehicles. For instance, they are one of two (or maybe three?) shops in the area certified by Audi to work on their aluminum bodies. They did work on my LS460L and on my LS600hL, and if I were in your shoes, I would not hesitate to take the RC there. I would, however, skip the dealership.
Old 04-29-15, 05:51 PM
elusive
Lead Lap

Ah damn that sucks! Sorry to hear man. What the hell were they doing and what was their excuse?
Old 04-29-15, 06:03 PM
pvo
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by elusive
Ah damn that sucks! Sorry to hear man. What the hell were they doing and what was their excuse?
There was another parking space in front of my car so I guess she tried to park but I don't why or how she was getting so close and hit my car that hard. I was only a few feet away from my car but I didn't look at my car at that time. I heard a noise and I knew something happened to my car but didn't know it was that bad
Old 04-29-15, 06:05 PM
pvo
Lead Lap

And thanks haha14 for a recommendation.

If someone else knows of a good body shop, please let me know. I'm in Randolph.
Old 04-29-15, 06:19 PM
Radical350
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Sorry to see this. (and assuming no one was hurt)
Modern body shops restore to perfect quality these days.
Find one that repairs Exotics and demand only OEM Parts from your insurance company.
Hope all goes well.
Old 04-29-15, 06:46 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts

I feel your pain. Similar situation with our few weeks old RX F Sport where my wife was dropping off the kids from school on our very own street. An Armada backed out from her driveway and hit our RX. 7k damage. Thankfully our kids were getting out on the sidewalk side at the same time of the hit!

Repair work was through the insurance and done by Carstar. Had other satisfied past experiences with this national company.

Good luck and most importantly thankfully no one got hurt.

Old 04-29-15, 06:58 PM
jowsleyyy
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

oh my goodness =((

I feel the painnnnnn
Old 04-29-15, 07:44 PM
donaldp
Driver

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Here is the reality of what you're facing. The paint from Lexus is the highest quality production paint in the business. There is no body shop that will ever be able to replicate the phenomenal quality of the original paint. If you are at all like me regarding my meticulous nature about my cars, you will not be able to live with any repair work. Were I you, I would sell it immediately no matter how much of a loss I would take. It will never be the same.
Just look at the deep lustre in your blue 2.0 today and then look at the repaired parts and you will see what I mean.
No one could convince me otherwise. Sell it.
Old 04-29-15, 07:49 PM
RCdriver
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by donaldp
Here is the reality of what you're facing. The paint from Lexus is the highest quality production paint in the business. There is no body shop that will ever be able to replicate the phenomenal quality of the original paint. If you are at all like me regarding my meticulous nature about my cars, you will not be able to live with any repair work. Were I you, I would sell it immediately no matter how much of a loss I would take. It will never be the same.
Just look at the deep lustre in your blue 2.0 today and then look at the repaired parts and you will see what I mean.
I don't know ,u have about the process or anything ,I,e that, but it is def an amazing color
Old 04-29-15, 08:26 PM
SpideyTRD
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I do have the same color in my RC... it hurts just to imagine that it happens to mine. Hopefully everything works out fine for you.
Old 04-29-15, 09:03 PM
elusive
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by donaldp
This is a little overboard. A reputable body shop can get the paint matched. All he needs is a new fender and bumper. Also, he can deny the repair if it is not up to his standards, which should be exactly like new.
Old 04-29-15, 09:16 PM
Booster
Rookie

No doubt they failed to see the brightest and most attractive car in the whole lot. incredible right?

so sorry to see this.
Old 04-29-15, 11:04 PM
donaldp
Driver

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by elusive
This is a little overboard. A reputable body shop can get the paint matched. All he needs is a new fender and bumper. Also, he can deny the repair if it is not up to his standards, which should be exactly like new.
Not a chance. You have no idea of the quality of the factory paint. This CANNOT be matched by any body shop. Do research on the Lexus paint process and the Lexus paint Masters and really look deep into any lexus paint job and compare it to all other manufacturers and you may begin to see my point. Add to this, the complexity of this ultrasonic blue mica 2.0 with the base silver color instead of blue..... Check out the attached link
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...92189499,d.b2w

Last edited by donaldp; 04-29-15 at 11:12 PM.

Quick Reply: A very sad day