CL Vendor Products for RC New product details, group buys and more, specifically for RC models from CL Vendors
View Poll Results: Would you be interested in a Supercharger Kit for your RC350
Absolutely! I would purchase if available.
55.13%
I might be interested.
38.46%
Not really that interested.
6.41%
What's a Supercharger?
0%
Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll

RC350 STILLEN Supercharger Interested Thread/Poll

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-15, 12:32 PM
STILLEN
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RC350 STILLEN Supercharger Interested Thread/Poll

Hey Everyone!

As many of you know, STILLEN has been a major manufacturer of performance parts in the Nissan/Infiniti market for over 20 years. We have expanded into other markets in the past with good success and are now looking to move head first in the Lexus scene. Some of our notable achievements have been attaining CARB Certification on almost all of our Performance Intake Systems, and being the only Supercharger Manufacturer offering an aftermarket warranty on Nissan/Infiniti Supercharger Kits.

Building off our success with Supercharger Kits Engineered for Nissan/Infiniti applications, we are looking into building Supercharger Kits for the Lexus RC350, 3rd Gen IS350, and 4th Gen GS350. We do not have any details to release at this time, but the initial goals for the kits would be to maintain Lexus Reliability while gaining 100+ whp. Price point would likely be in the $6000-$7000 range.

We would like to get the community feedback and gauge interest on such kits. If there is enough demand, we would like to move forward with this project.

Thanks for your time!

To answer a few questions I know will come up:
Q: Will the kits be available for the 2nd Gen IS350 and 3rd Gen GS350?
A: We will not be developing kits specifically for these models. If the kit happens to work that would be a pleasant surprise, but we will not be doing the development work on either of those models.

Q: Will the kit offer a warranty?
A: Not initially.

Q: Will the kit be CARB Legal?
A: Because of the substantial investment we do not have initial plans for getting the kit through CARB, but it may be something we will look into as our other kits are CARB Legal.
Old 04-18-15, 12:37 PM
FrogBreath
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would be for sure.
Old 04-18-15, 12:40 PM
STILLEN
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by FrogBreath
I would be for sure.
Don't forget to Vote on the Poll
Old 04-18-15, 04:14 PM
Twong13
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This isnt something i would do immediately, but could def see doing in the future
Old 04-18-15, 07:53 PM
Lexura1414
Lexus Test Driver

Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts

100 HPs without a tune? Good luck to Stillen...
Old 04-19-15, 02:05 AM
STILLEN
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Lexura1414
Who said it would be without a tune?
Old 04-19-15, 02:36 AM
Pearlrider
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Can I camp out on your front lawn and wait for the kit ??
Yes ! Please move forward on this ASAP !
Any thoughts on wether it will be a roots or centrifugal set up?
Old 04-19-15, 08:51 AM
Gville350

Received 430 Likes on 384 Posts

Since the motor (2GR-FSE) is the same across the board for these platforms, I foresee cross-platform compatibility with the MAJOR components on ALL 2GR-FSE-equipped models. Because of course the various models do have subtle differences in body design and electrical/mechanical over the years, I'm sure there will be minor mods needed with I/C piping, piping routing, and such to compensate.

But before the "easy" part is taken care of with the hardware components, what specifically might Stillen do differently in the tuning-department that others haven't to make the potential kit reach the magically 100whp gain? Is it known that these vehicles (specifically the ECMs) are notoriously difficult (some say impossible) to tune?

With all this said, I am looking forward to seeing something come of this! Poll comment has been provided.
Old 04-19-15, 09:55 AM
Booster
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Lexura1414
bwahhahaha. I guess you know more than Stillen, who has been doing this for decades. lol
Old 04-19-15, 03:58 PM
Sim
Pit Crew

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Is this where I get to say I told ya so!
Old 04-19-15, 08:59 PM
aWorkOfArt
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

hopefully this is a great turnout because I wouldnt mind getting an RC F Sport as a DD
Old 04-20-15, 12:48 PM
juvi22003
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I would also consider this !
Old 04-20-15, 03:21 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

I was down when i heard you couldn't do a Tune on these cars ( & i'm Not the Bottle type), but NOW i'm Smiling Again! I Really Hope ya'll get the Ball Rollin' cause i could definitely see this!
Old 04-20-15, 04:03 PM
MRxSLAYx
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think the more profitable route would be to prove that you guys have cracked the ECM and can tune the platform. Once you do that, there will be hundreds of us waiting to send you thousands. Cracking the ECM and offering a tuning solution would make your company a lexus deity.
Old 04-20-15, 05:53 PM
NYKnick101
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Gville350
Since the motor (2GR-FSE) is the same across the board for these platforms, I foresee cross-platform compatibility with the MAJOR components on ALL 2GR-FSE-equipped models. Because of course the various models do have subtle differences in body design and electrical/mechanical over the years, I'm sure there will be minor mods needed with I/C piping, piping routing, and such to compensate.

But before the "easy" part is taken care of with the hardware components, what specifically might Stillen do differently in the tuning-department that others haven't to make the potential kit reach the magically 100whp gain? Is it known that these vehicles (specifically the ECMs) are notoriously difficult (some say impossible) to tune?

With all this said, I am looking forward to seeing something come of this! Poll comment has been provided.
Agreed. why not market it to all 3 cars and open up the market a bit. The 4GR engine has an almost identical pulley and bolt pattern so I can see it opening the market for 250's as well.

Quick Reply: RC350 STILLEN Supercharger Interested Thread/Poll