CL Vendor Products for RC New product details, group buys and more, specifically for RC models from CL Vendors
View Poll Results: Would you be interested in a Supercharger Kit for your RC350
Absolutely! I would purchase if available.
55.13%
I might be interested.
38.46%
Not really that interested.
6.41%
What's a Supercharger?
0%
Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll

RC350 STILLEN Supercharger Interested Thread/Poll

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-15, 10:00 AM
LRCSALES
Lead Lap

Received 71 Likes on 52 Posts

make it carb legal and dealers could sell it on a car new!
Old 04-21-15, 10:21 AM
Lexura1414
Lexus Test Driver

Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by MRxSLAYx
I think the more profitable route would be to prove that you guys have cracked the ECM and can tune the platform. Once you do that, there will be hundreds of us waiting to send you thousands. Cracking the ECM and offering a tuning solution would make your company a lexus deity.
We both know that several reputable and non-reputable companies for years have tried and failed. We wish Stillen all the power in the world to crack the Toyota/Lexus code. But until I see this, I will remain a skeptic. Good luck!!
Old 04-21-15, 10:29 AM
TsunamiF
Pit Crew

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Gville350
Since the motor (2GR-FSE) is the same across the board for these platforms, I foresee cross-platform compatibility with the MAJOR components on ALL 2GR-FSE-equipped models. Because of course the various models do have subtle differences in body design and electrical/mechanical over the years, I'm sure there will be minor mods needed with I/C piping, piping routing, and such to compensate.

But before the "easy" part is taken care of with the hardware components, what specifically might Stillen do differently in the tuning-department that others haven't to make the potential kit reach the magically 100whp gain? Is it known that these vehicles (specifically the ECMs) are notoriously difficult (some say impossible) to tune?

With all this said, I am looking forward to seeing something come of this! Poll comment has been provided.
I second this. Being that the newer model Lexus vehicles with 2GR-FSEs are still under a powertrain warranty, I would suspect that many owners would be hesitate to risk losing their factory warranty for such an extensive modification. The older model 2GR-FSE equipped Lexus' (i.e. the second generation IS350) would likely garner a higher interest since they no longer have a factory warranty to worry about.
Old 04-21-15, 11:27 AM
STILLEN
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by LRCSALES
make it carb legal and dealers could sell it on a car new!
It is not out of the question, but CARB is expensive and a lengthy process. We would have to see good success with the kits before pursuing CARB Exemption.
Old 04-21-15, 12:57 PM
FR500GT
Lead Lap

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Let me know if you need a test vehicle for new RC parts..I'm in south OC!
Old 04-21-15, 10:26 PM
aginnt
Driver

Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts

You can count my RC fsport in. I would love to add a 100+. I want an in between option RCF and RC 350.
Old 04-22-15, 11:51 AM
STILLEN
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by FR500GT
Let me know if you need a test vehicle for new RC parts..I'm in south OC!
Shoot me a PM and we will be in touch
Old 04-24-15, 02:13 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Two things.

Any real enthusiast would be interested in more power....but not at the expense of losing factory warranty. So that's a 4 year wait for us, unless some have extended warranty. Wait, forgot about power train warranty. That kills it for me. Now if I come into a big pot of cash, it's on baby!

Tuning is and will be a big issue. Lexus engineers I have spoken with believe our cars are impossible to break the codes for a tune. I have spoken with tuning companies who have worked on everything under the sun. Exotics and muscle cars. They say money is not an object. They can't tune the Lexus and therefore can't add big power.

We are all wishing and hoping Stillen comes through. 6K for 100hp is actually a dream come true.
Old 04-25-15, 04:54 PM
Pearlrider
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I can't believe that with all the hackers out there that no one can read Toyota's code . I find this very hard to believe. Code is code...
Old 04-25-15, 11:18 PM
sam430
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Pearlrider
I can't believe that with all the hackers out there that no one can read Toyota's code . I find this very hard to believe. Code is code...
put a challenge up and a bounty...I'm sure someone will cipher it.
Old 05-19-15, 11:11 AM
shirosan
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by sam430
put a challenge up and a bounty...I'm sure someone will cipher it.
Actually, I forget what company in Japan has access to the ECU map but I believe it is for testing different mods, tracking and racing. I know they were gauging on the interest to reflash an IS250/350 ECU on CL's forums but they were considering it costing several grand and shipping charges. No one was interested after hearing about that price...
Old 05-25-15, 01:08 AM
NYKnick101
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by shirosan
Actually, I forget what company in Japan has access to the ECU map but I believe it is for testing different mods, tracking and racing. I know they were gauging on the interest to reflash an IS250/350 ECU on CL's forums but they were considering it costing several grand and shipping charges. No one was interested after hearing about that price...
It was SARD Racing. They offered a lot of the IS-F guys in Australia an opportunity to unlock and tune their ECU's. But it was $4,200 (some where around there) per car with a minimum 10 cars plus flying out the guy who tunes it paying for his hotels and amenities. Needless to say there wasn't enough interest to spend 50k to get an undisclosed amount of HP at that price. Unlocking the ECU can open up 5 hp, or 50 hp, no one knew and wanted to spend almost 5 grand at that risk

however people have still tried to unlock the ECU with other tuning methods. Just nothing have stuck yet
Old 05-26-15, 12:03 PM
shirosan
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by NYKnick101
It was SARD Racing. They offered a lot of the IS-F guys in Australia an opportunity to unlock and tune their ECU's. But it was $4,200 (some where around there) per car with a minimum 10 cars plus flying out the guy who tunes it paying for his hotels and amenities. Needless to say there wasn't enough interest to spend 50k to get an undisclosed amount of HP at that price. Unlocking the ECU can open up 5 hp, or 50 hp, no one knew and wanted to spend almost 5 grand at that risk

however people have still tried to unlock the ECU with other tuning methods. Just nothing have stuck yet
That's exactly who I was thinking! Thank you for the reply
Old 09-08-15, 07:18 AM
SRC350F
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

any updates STILLEN?
Old 09-08-15, 10:12 AM
STILLEN
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by SRC350F
any updates STILLEN?
I realized I haven't updated this thread. Most of the updates are in the IS350 thread as that is the test car we are using for development.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/cl-...ml#post9175476

Things are coming along well. Prototype parts should be ready for testing in the next month.

Quick Reply: RC350 STILLEN Supercharger Interested Thread/Poll