RC - 1st Gen (2015-present) Discussion about the new Lexus RC model

So, who loves their RC350 F Sport?

Old 02-25-15, 08:50 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Default So, who loves their RC350 F Sport?

I was itching to trade my GS F Sport for a coupe, so I checked out the RC F Sport. I didn't drive it because I had driven a loaner IS350 and the road noise was pretty loud. I decided to go with an Audi S5. (Okay, no comments about reliability because the later S5 models have proven very reliable).

To those of you who own an RC350 F Sport, what are your thoughts? Do you love your cars? Anything that could be improved?

My Audi lease is for 2 years and I wouldn't hesitate to get back into the Lexus family. It just seems I don't see much input here about the drive and everday liveability of the RC 350 F Sport. I would love to know.
Old 02-25-15, 08:55 PM
mikha619
Driver

Received 32 Likes on 18 Posts

I love mine! It's actually roomier in the front than the IS and it's pretty quiet. Super smooth ride, then in sport + mode, you feel a huge suspension stiffness . Awesome car.
Old 02-26-15, 06:09 AM
Fishman350
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Love mine as well. Last two cars were an Acura RL A-Spec and and Mercedes CL500. The car is quick and comfortable. Very easy to drive in almost any condition or climate. I have the AWD version and it is wonderful in the snow and ice. Not a huge fan of the infotainment system, mouse track pad thing, and general lack of storage. One center console but not even a coin tray for a spare nickel or gum wrapper.

Overall though I love the car and am looking forward to the long term reliability.
Old 02-26-15, 01:42 PM
GearHead69
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

I've had mine for a little over 2 months and absolutely love the car. The fit and finish are very good, and once you understand how the voice commands work it's so much easier than using the touch pad. The truck is much larger than the Camaro, and to me it has a lot of storage, but then I came from a Camaro. It's especially fun to drive in Sport+ mode, and use the paddle shifters to get to get up and haul butt. The legroom is great, all 45.6" of it. I really like the ML stereo, and by using an iPod and the voice commands I can to change to whatever song, specific Playlist folder I created, or Artist I want all w/o using the TouchPad.
Old 02-26-15, 02:04 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

As I contemplate getting an RC, I also would love to hear reviews of the car from those who have been in it for a month or more.
Yesterday at the dealership, I decided to just sit in one for a while. I'm a big dude. The legroom is great. Shoulder room, no problem. My problem was butt room. That seat was digging into my thighs and butt. The RC F seat is fine but the 350 F-Sport has strong vertical side that are too narrow for my wide butt. I am having second thoughts now.
Back in 06 I had a G35 and made the mistake of getting the one with the narrow seat. That thing caused me pain that hasn't fully gone away yet. The RC350 doesn't have a more comfortable seat. It is better than that G35 but I am a little unsure right now.

Last edited by Ice350; 02-26-15 at 06:25 PM.
Old 02-26-15, 06:06 PM
Poqman
Lead Lap

Received 23 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Ice350
As I contemplate getting an RC, I also would love to hear reviews of the car from those who have been in it for a more or more.
Yesterday at the dealership, I decided to just sit in one for a while. I'm a big dude. The legroom is great. Should room, no problem. My problem was butt room. That seat was digging into my thighs and butt. The RC F seat is fine but the 350 F-Sport has strong vertical side that are too narrow for my wide butt. I am having second thoughts now.
Back in 06 I had a G35 and made the mistake of getting the one with the narrow seat. That thing caused me pain that hasn't fully gone away yet. The RC350 doesn't have a more comfortable seat. It is better than that G35 but I am a little unsure right now.
If I had a complaint about the RC F Sport, it is the bolsters are too stiff and narrow. I have to remove my wallet to be comfortable.
Old 02-26-15, 06:28 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Poqman
If I had a complaint about the RC F Sport, it is the bolsters are too stiff and narrow. I have to remove my wallet to be comfortable.
I also want to know if the wheels on my GS will fit.
I heard the Tanabe springs for the gs will work cause I can't drive with that wheel gap in the front.
Old 02-26-15, 09:04 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Great to hear that you guys are loving your RC F Sports. I'll have to take one for a spin when my lease is up. 2 years is a short time and it will be time to start deciding on my next car within a year.
Old 02-27-15, 12:36 PM
dchar
Lexus Champion

Received 223 Likes on 178 Posts

I noticed that you leased an S5. I remember looking at one before getting my first GS, but the lease rates were quite high. I wonder if the RCF lease would be closer to your S5 lease rate after a couple years (when the hype for the RC dies down).
Old 02-27-15, 07:58 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Yes, the lease rates are quite high on the S5 because the residual isn't very inflated. I was buying the GS that I traded in, so I got a nice equity check back that will cover my lease payments and then some. And when my lease is up the S5 price may actually be something reasonable that I will be willing to pay if I want to buy the car. I've shopped used S5's already to see what 2-year old models go for and they are more expensive than my residual value. Since my lease is 7500 miles per year I will have only 15k miles on my S5, so I may just buy it when the lease ends. Even though it is a 7 year-old model, it is a fantastic car! Beautiful inside and out and the power is addictive.

Last edited by dseag2; 02-27-15 at 08:07 PM.
Old 02-27-15, 08:04 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Yes, the lease rates are quite high on the S5 because the residual isn't very inflated. I was buying the GS that I traded in, so I got a nice equity check back that will cover my lease payments and then some. And when my lease is up the S5 price may actually be something reasonable that I will be willing to pay if I want to buy the car. I've shopped used S5's already to see what 2-year old models go for and they are more expensive than my residual value. Since my lease is 7500 miles per year I will have only 15k miles on my S5, so I may just buy it when the lease ends. Even though it is a 7 year-old model, it is a fantastic car! Beautiful inside and out and the power is addictive.
Old 02-28-15, 10:37 AM
unc879wins
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm THRILLED with mine... and it's still on a container ship in the Pacific headed to Long Beach.
Old 02-28-15, 06:56 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by unc879wins
I'm THRILLED with mine... and it's still on a container ship in the Pacific headed to Long Beach.
Glad for your sake that the West Coast dock strikes are getting better or you may have been waiting until 2016 for delivery.

http://www.joc.com/special-topics/we...labor-disputes
Old 02-28-15, 07:04 PM
unc879wins
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Yep. The Long Beach arrival was originally 3/7/15. I'm sure that's delayed some as all of the produce and other perishables take priority.
Old 02-28-15, 07:07 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

That will make the car even more special after you've had to wait for it!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: So, who loves their RC350 F Sport?