RC - 1st Gen (2015-present) Discussion about the new Lexus RC model

Wrapped Door Panel, Glove Box, Center Console

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-15, 12:49 AM
dchar
Lexus Champion

Received 223 Likes on 178 Posts

How did you remove the Remote Touch? I want to wrap the cheap, rough plastic on the ES in our house. I hope it comes off similarly to the RC.
Old 03-13-15, 01:02 AM
David2gs
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

coming from a pro wrapper i must say this is amazing work... Don't go to college... get a job as a wrapper lol... have you considered brushed chrome steel?
Old 03-13-15, 01:09 AM
rmsimmonsj
Driver

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by VIPWRAPS
coming from a pro wrapper i must say this is amazing work... Don't go to college... get a job as a wrapper lol... have you considered brushed chrome steel?
I wanted it to match other parts of the car. Although I liked the brushed steel it wouldnt match. Too bad wrapping wasnt popular when I went to college. Could have paid my way with wrappin'!!

And the Touch pad just unscrews from the underside once you have the console popped off.
Old 03-13-15, 05:59 AM
Z3NK1
Lead Lap

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

Wow, that looks way better than I imagined. Good job!
Old 03-13-15, 03:38 PM
elusive
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That looks clean! Nice work
Old 03-14-15, 09:42 AM
RCdriver
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dchar
It mainly allows you to use the functions of the system that are normally disabled when the car is moving due to "safety" reasons. This includes functions such as typing, searching for things, scrolling through certain lists, playing DVDs, etc. Links below if you want more info.

http://www.prestigioussociety.com/?page_id=138
http://www.beatsonicusa.com/nav-dvd-...us/bb6223.html

this is legit? easy to install?
Old 03-14-15, 08:47 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts

Nicer than OEM.
Old 03-15-15, 01:13 AM
dchar
Lexus Champion

Received 223 Likes on 178 Posts

Originally Posted by RCdriver
this is legit? easy to install?
I heard it's not too hard to install, but it will require taking the radio head unit off. Then unplugging some stuff and plugging them into the unit which connects to the head unit. Maybe rmsimmonsj can give us a few pointers on how to take apart the center console and head unit.
Old 03-15-15, 12:55 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I'd love to do this but not enthusiastic about taking apart my new car.
Old 03-15-15, 01:45 PM
rmsimmonsj
Driver

Originally Posted by dchar
I heard it's not too hard to install, but it will require taking the radio head unit off. Then unplugging some stuff and plugging them into the unit which connects to the head unit. Maybe rmsimmonsj can give us a few pointers on how to take apart the center console and head unit.
You have to pop off the leather trim on the sides of the console. First you take off the small leather piece which just pulls off. Then it exposes screws that you unscrew to take off the longer leather piece. Then you can see the screws to take off the head unit and center console. Its pretty easy. Three screws on drivers side and two screws on passenger side. Then the console just pops off. If your in So Cal and want to do it ill show you. No clue how to install that nav bypass though. I dont really have an interest in playing with it while driving. But im sure i can figure it out and help.
Old 03-21-15, 02:43 PM
LRCSALES
Lead Lap

Received 71 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by rmsimmonsj
Haha thanks everyone. The carbon fiber pieces are super easy. They just pop out. The center console is a pain. Screws on the sides under the leather trim and then you have to unplug all the electronics and once out you have to unscrew everything to wrap it. 5d reflective carbon fiber is what i used and its an exact match to the rcf. Have enough for like 5 more cars if anyone in Orange County, CA is looking for this look.
FYI do not use this carbon fiber wrap on the exterior!! no mater how you wrap it with heat, no heat, with stretching, or without. The wrap will de laminate (sp) ill get a pic here soon. It seems the wrap will suck up water. as soon as i washed car it messed up the look of the carbon.

I had a perfect install I took apart the whole bumper so I could wrap the lip without stretching or heat it stayed perfect till I washed the car..

Last edited by LRCSALES; 03-21-15 at 04:57 PM.
Old 03-21-15, 09:07 PM
rmsimmonsj
Driver

Originally Posted by LRCSALES
FYI do not use this carbon fiber wrap on the exterior!! no mater how you wrap it with heat, no heat, with stretching, or without. The wrap will de laminate (sp) ill get a pic here soon. It seems the wrap will suck up water. as soon as i washed car it messed up the look of the carbon.

I had a perfect install I took apart the whole bumper so I could wrap the lip without stretching or heat it stayed perfect till I washed the car..

Awe bummer. Thats horrible after all that work you did. I dont plan on washing the inside of my car. Wonder why it did that. I wonder if that will happen to the other guys who wrapped their outside in CF. You took off the protective coating that comes on it after you wrapped it right? There is a clear film that is over the CF wrap so it doesnt scratch when installing....Looks like you didnt take it of from the pictures...
Old 03-21-15, 09:47 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

nice interior pieces.. did you do the center stick shift area?
Old 03-21-15, 11:58 PM
LRCSALES
Lead Lap

Received 71 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by rmsimmonsj
Awe bummer. Thats horrible after all that work you did. I dont plan on washing the inside of my car. Wonder why it did that. I wonder if that will happen to the other guys who wrapped their outside in CF. You took off the protective coating that comes on it after you wrapped it right? There is a clear film that is over the CF wrap so it doesnt scratch when installing....Looks like you didnt take it of from the pictures...
I did remove the film I do after I have it initially laid before final smoothing wondering if I have a **** brand I hav interior pieces done like you also added the inside door handle on the door panel I'll load that in a few
Old 04-16-15, 10:42 PM
tarobun88
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thumbs up sir!
If I was in the OC. I would like to get my hands on some of that awesome vinyl of yours

Quick Reply: Wrapped Door Panel, Glove Box, Center Console