RC - 1st Gen (2015-present) Discussion about the new Lexus RC model

Question about RC F-Sport build

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-15, 11:14 AM
sahilio
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about RC F-Sport build

Hey all! I'm new to Lexus (and to these forums) and have a question about the way the packages are optioned for the RC.

I am interested in purchasing an RC 350 with the F-Sport package. I am really only interested in the F-Sport package and personally have no need for the other packages offered. According to Lexus, it seems that I can only get the F-Sport package as part of a specific build predetermined by Lexus, which comes with other packages I have no interest in. For example, the lowest priced available factory combination with the F-Sport package, also comes with the LED foglamps, navigation system, intuitive park assist, and the moonroof. This obviously prices out higher than an RC 350 with just an F-Sport package would.

My question is, is it possible to get a custom factory build in order to build an RC with just the F-Sport package, or am I forced to stick with one of Lexus' predetermined factory combinations?
Old 01-13-15, 12:50 AM
dchar
Lexus Champion

Received 223 Likes on 178 Posts

The predetermined options on the build tool are popular packages for your area from your zip code. The dealers in your area will order their cars similar to the predetermined options. I assume you can order one with just F-sport, but you will have a difficult time finding one. Note that if you don't get Nav, you will probably get a smaller screen and a **** instead of touchpad. Also, you probably don't get the Enform app suite. This will also hurt your resale value dramatically because pretty much everyone wants Nav package. Every luxury car should have Nav. Park assist is also a cheap option that will payoff later on. It will help save you money from costly accident repairs. When paired with blind spot monitoring, another cheap option, you also get cross traffic alert which is really helpful when parked next to a truck. I agree that the foglights and moonroof might be a waste, but consider the options I mentioned above. You might not want the options now, but if you change your mind later on, it'll be too late and you're stuck.
Old 01-13-15, 06:06 AM
JT4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

Something else to consider.. I don't know if you're leasing, but if you are some of the options that dchar mentioned above will be residualized in the lease. So while you will be paying more for the options, it may not be as much (monthly) as you think.

Last edited by JT4; 01-13-15 at 06:09 AM.
Old 01-13-15, 07:23 AM
njlexusguy
Driver School Candidate

I ordered my RC 350 F Sport from a dealer here in NJ as I wanted it. The ONLY thing you have to order with the F sport package is the Moonroof. I also ordered the ML/Nav package and Fog lights. I worked with the dealer sales manager to order my RC. I was given a build time Jan 2015. I'm awaiting my Vin and possible delivery date. if you order an RC 350 the way you want it, expect a 90-120 day wait.
Old 01-13-15, 07:54 AM
JT4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by njlexusguy
I ordered my RC 350 F Sport from a dealer here in NJ as I wanted it. The ONLY thing you have to order with the F sport package is the Moonroof. I also ordered the ML/Nav package and Fog lights. I worked with the dealer sales manager to order my RC. I was given a build time Jan 2015. I'm awaiting my Vin and possible delivery date. if you order an RC 350 the way you want it, expect a 90-120 day wait.
Good to know..

LOL - Just my luck that the only option that is required is the moonroof, and that is the only option I wouldn't want if I was ordering. I rarely use them...
Old 01-14-15, 04:55 AM
unc879wins
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Correct. I custom ordered my FSport with only the options I wanted. They still gave me $1k off MSRP. The tough part is the 90-day (estimated) wait but I knew that going in. I have no problem waiting as long as it takes as long as I get it exactly how I wanted.
Old 01-14-15, 08:27 AM
sahilio
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for the info! I had a dealer down here in Houston tell me that I have no choice but to select one of the predetermined package combinations. Sounds like the guy just didn't know or was purposefully trying to get more money out of me. In any case, thanks for setting the record straight.

Is the 90-120 day waiting period for the car to arrive or for the build date? I think that will be the toughest part, just waiting that much longer despite getting the car how I want it.
Old 01-14-15, 08:46 AM
njlexusguy
Driver School Candidate

I went to 3 dealers and explained to them I want to order my RC 350. Here in the North East all RC's are coming in AWD. Mine will be a RWD. I was told it would take between 90 to 120 days for delivery from the time I placed my order. I have a January build date.
Old 01-15-15, 07:46 PM
unc879wins
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I was told 90-days until delivery. I know it could be longer, but that's just fine. I'm in no rush as long as I get what I ordered.
Old 01-21-15, 08:36 AM
kitchamp
Rookie

Originally Posted by sahilio
Thanks for the info! I had a dealer down here in Houston tell me that I have no choice but to select one of the predetermined package combinations. Sounds like the guy just didn't know or was purposefully trying to get more money out of me.
The 2 stories I was given in DFW:

1. The early cars are optioned a certain way by Lexus so as to promote specific options (i.e. F-sport with Mark Levinson will always come with the variable gear steering)

2. The dealers in DFW supplied by Gulf States Toyota, and the option list is determined by the distributor for this region

I'm not sure which one (or if either one) is true, just what I've been told. But I agree that there are certain options (like Nav) the OP should seriously consider in a car of this caliber.