RC - 1st Gen (2015-present) Discussion about the new Lexus RC model

Voice command issues with ML Stereo

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-15, 05:54 AM
BAlbright
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the reply. I have a 64 gig Ipod that I can use, but I would prefer to use the stick. I'll let you know how I make out when I get my car---another 6 weeks or so
Old 01-25-15, 06:34 AM
GearHead69
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by BAlbright
Thanks for the reply. I have a 64 gig Ipod that I can use, but I would prefer to use the stick. I'll let you know how I make out when I get my car---another 6 weeks or so
Cool as I would like to use the stick also.
Old 03-18-15, 07:12 AM
BAlbright
Driver

Hi Gearhead--I got my RCF 2 days ago. Went out for a cruise last night and tried the voice activation and it worked just fine. I have a 64 gig stick with close to 1000 albums on it. So--it DOES work. Also, the first time I tried using voice to find an album, I got the message that it was "preparing for voice control" and would not work right away. So it must read the stick and do something that enables it in the future.
Old 03-18-15, 07:18 AM
GearHead69
Instructor

Hi Gearhead--I got my RCF 2 days ago. Went out for a cruise last night and tried the voice activation and it worked just fine. I have a 64 gig stick with close to 1000 albums on it. So--it DOES work. Also, the first time I tried using voice to find an album, I got the message that it was "preparing for voice control" and would not work right away. So it must read the stick and do something that enables it in the future.
Hi BAlbright, congrats on the new ride. What format did you go with when formatting the 64 GB stick? How did you organize the music? Was it by Album, or did you just copy all the music over? I'm trying to figure out what is the best way to get it to work. Thanks
Old 03-19-15, 04:45 AM
BAlbright
Driver

I didn't format the stick at all...just took it out of the package and started to put music on it. It's set up with folders Artist/Album (or albums)/Songs. There is 1 song ( usually the shortest song from any one of the albums from that artist) placed in the artist folder. I wanted to mention in my other post that I pushed the talk button and gave the verbal command to play something several times before I got that message that it was preparing the stick for voice recognition. For several attempts I just got the reply that it didn't recognize it. Keep trying and it will tell you it's preparing. I'm not sure how long it takes to prepare it. I just drove a while and then tried it again and it worked. I'm thinking you need to prepare for voice recognition each time you start the car. I'm still figuring out all the stuff myself! Had a heck of a time to figure out how to get the audio screen to be the permanent one instead of the Nav. But that's part of the fun of a new car
Old 03-20-15, 05:01 AM
BAlbright
Driver

Well...voice activation needs to be done every time you fire up the car I've learned. Seems to take about 5-10 minutes for it to initialize. Once it does, it breaks down your music into several alphabetical groups...like A-D, E-H, etc. I have about 1000 albums on my 64 gig stick. And this makes it real easy to access whatever I want. Really nice. If you still aren't getting voice recognition, I think the key might be putting that one song into the artist folder
Old 03-21-15, 05:37 PM
GearHead69
Instructor

Well...voice activation needs to be done every time you fire up the car I've learned. Seems to take about 5-10 minutes for it to initialize. Once it does, it breaks down your music into several alphabetical groups...like A-D, E-H, etc. I have about 1000 albums on my 64 gig stick. And this makes it real easy to access whatever I want. Really nice. If you still aren't getting voice recognition, I think the key might be putting that one song into the artist folder
Thanks for the information. Since it takes about 10 minutes to initialize that is about one half of my drive time to work, and is too long. Since I'm using the iPod now I can get to any song, album or artist as soon as the car is started. I think the Voice commands as far as for playing music is more suited for an Apple product I'm finding out.