Help with colour selection

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-15, 03:38 PM
Nightcrawl
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with colour selection

Hi all,

First post. I am located in Australia and have placed an order for an RC 350 F-Sport in Ultra White with black interior. Due to the longish waiting list, the car is not scheduled to be built until March, with delivery in April. When I ordered, the dealership did not have a sample car with the black interior. I saw a different model Lexus with the red interior (called "Dark Rose" here in Australia but the same as your Rioja Red) but it didn't look quite right to me, so I went with black. When I say it didn't look quite right - I mean that there seemed to be too much red in the cabin and I was picturing what it would be like in a few years time when it came to reselling the car. Would it still look sharp, or a bit outdated?

I'm now having second thoughts, seeing how many people are choosing red with the Ultra White. Does anyone have any pictures of a black interior they are willing to share? What would your preference be between red and black? I still have time to modify my order.
Old 01-02-15, 05:23 PM
FrogBreath
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I ordered red with white. At first I was a little nervous because I've never had red interior but I am so happy I did. The contrast is perfect and looks great with the silver carbon design. The red is very subtle and not too crazy.

It's all subjective though... I also live in south Texas where it's usually 100 degrees for months.

Last edited by FrogBreath; 01-02-15 at 05:27 PM.
Old 01-02-15, 05:25 PM
dchar
Lexus Champion

Received 223 Likes on 178 Posts

IMO go for the red interior. It makes it look very distinctive and sporty. It's definitely not a look for everyone. But if you want a more understated look, then stick with the black.
Old 01-02-15, 05:25 PM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

after having a red interior, black seems so bland and boring now
Old 01-02-15, 06:42 PM
toyotatom
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Black interior will always be nice but I sat in a Neb Grey/ Red and the red is out of this world, don't think it would ever get dated. Im hoping when my lease is up I can get the Infrared/ Red which you can't do in the States now. Its offered with the orange color but not Infrared, go figure

Originally Posted by Nightcrawl
Hi all,

First post. I am located in Australia and have placed an order for an RC 350 F-Sport in Ultra White with black interior. Due to the longish waiting list, the car is not scheduled to be built until March, with delivery in April. When I ordered, the dealership did not have a sample car with the black interior. I saw a different model Lexus with the red interior (called "Dark Rose" here in Australia but the same as your Rioja Red) but it didn't look quite right to me, so I went with black. When I say it didn't look quite right - I mean that there seemed to be too much red in the cabin and I was picturing what it would be like in a few years time when it came to reselling the car. Would it still look sharp, or a bit outdated?

I'm now having second thoughts, seeing how many people are choosing red with the Ultra White. Does anyone have any pictures of a black interior they are willing to share? What would your preference be between red and black? I still have time to modify my order.
Old 01-02-15, 10:11 PM
jowsleyyy
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

The red interior is sexxxxxxxxxxxxx.

Black is boring
Old 01-02-15, 11:43 PM
FrogBreath
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 01-02-15, 11:46 PM
UCSB
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

My dealer has the white exterior with black interior and I drove the car. I didn't care for the black. Here in the US the headliner is dark and the whole interior is dark. in the black interior. I have seen the red interior on a couple of cars ... one was a white RC F and it was a nice combo. I have also seen the playa interior on a couple of cars and prefer that over the black ... but, that is just my preference.

Mod suggestion: The white with a black interior I drove had a dealer installed black roof. It was a really nice look.
Old 01-03-15, 07:48 AM
zskylar
Driver School Candidate

Go with the red. It is not over done and looks great.
Old 01-03-15, 08:31 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 128 Posts

Seen both red and black interior and the red blows away the black ...
Old 01-03-15, 07:15 PM
rparkzy
Driver

Red interior with white ex

It's the one
Old 01-03-15, 10:59 PM
Nightcrawl
Driver

Thanks, everyone, for your replies. It seems the red interior is the way to go. I will contact my dealer on Monday and modify the order. I think one of the things which swayed me toward the black was when I sat in a white RC-F at the dealership. The black interior was leather with contrast stitching and it was amazing, but of course the RC 350 F-Sport doesn't get that same treatment.

As a side note, it's interesting how many RC owners seem to be from Texas and California.
Old 01-04-15, 07:15 AM
GearHead69
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Nightcrawl
Thanks, everyone, for your replies. It seems the red interior is the way to go. I will contact my dealer on Monday and modify the order. I think one of the things which swayed me toward the black was when I sat in a white RC-F at the dealership. The black interior was leather with contrast stitching and it was amazing, but of course the RC 350 F-Sport doesn't get that same treatment.

As a side note, it's interesting how many RC owners seem to be from Texas and California.
Just to let you know my RC 350 F-Sport has the black and contrast stitching.
Attached Thumbnails Help with colour selection-dscn0032.jpg  

Last edited by GearHead69; 01-04-15 at 07:26 AM. Reason: Added pic
Old 01-04-15, 04:02 PM
Nightcrawl
Driver

Originally Posted by GearHead69
Just to let you know my RC 350 F-Sport has the black and contrast stitching.
Thanks GeaHead69. My memory of the RC F was that the black was much blacker and the stitching much lighter than shown in your photo. See the RC F pic below. If you're wondering why I don't just get the RC F, the reason is that the RC350 F Sport costs about $85k here in Australia but the RC F jumps to about $145k (or $165k for the carbon fibre model). The Luxury Car Tax alone is over $20k. What a joke.
Attached Thumbnails Help with colour selection-image.jpg  
Old 01-04-15, 08:05 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Rioja Red everytime, but I would consider Atomic Silver over Ultra White.

Quick Reply: Help with colour selection