RC - 1st Gen (2015-present) Discussion about the new Lexus RC model

First Day Thoughts

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-14, 04:03 PM
zskylar
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First Day Thoughts

I picked up a Nebula/Red 350 F-Sport today. My first choice was Atomic Silver but that didn't happen and I already had waited 6 weeks after placing an order. I do like the color - one of the 50 shades of gray I've owned over the years. I found it fun to drive and not cramped for a coupe. Seats are comfortable and power of course about the same as my old (13) GS. Have to check the manual and turn off the stupid Eco light that comes on even in normal mode. The touchpad is too sensitive for my taste. I wish the settings menu could adjust that like a computer mouse can. Overall the infotainment interface is no better than the GS - I was hopeful for a bigger improvement of ease of use. It seems Lexus dropped the phone groups of quick dials in favor of just a favorite list which is alphabetical. I also would like to see a larger display screen but the cool instrument cluster does make up for the smaller display screen. Even in the larger GS, Lexus really failed to take advantage of the larger screen anyway. I know some of my rant sounds like complaining - but not so. I really like this car!
Old 12-23-14, 04:21 PM
toyotatom
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

I saw that same combo at my dealers a couple of weeks ago, great looking car. The red interior was out of this world to look at. Im surprised the touchpad has no adjustment on it, I have a 3IS that has the joystick which is adjustable and after messing with it for a bit, the joystick is tolerable to use. Good luck with the car

Originally Posted by zskylar
I picked up a Nebula/Red 350 F-Sport today. My first choice was Atomic Silver but that didn't happen and I already had waited 6 weeks after placing an order. I do like the color - one of the 50 shades of gray I've owned over the years. I found it fun to drive and not cramped for a coupe. Seats are comfortable and power of course about the same as my old (13) GS. Have to check the manual and turn off the stupid Eco light that comes on even in normal mode. The touchpad is too sensitive for my taste. I wish the settings menu could adjust that like a computer mouse can. Overall the infotainment interface is no better than the GS - I was hopeful for a bigger improvement of ease of use. It seems Lexus dropped the phone groups of quick dials in favor of just a favorite list which is alphabetical. I also would like to see a larger display screen but the cool instrument cluster does make up for the smaller display screen. Even in the larger GS, Lexus really failed to take advantage of the larger screen anyway. I know some of my rant sounds like complaining - but not so. I really like this car!
Old 12-24-14, 07:04 AM
JT4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

Good Luck with the RC...
Old 12-24-14, 07:43 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

So, the big question is... have you missed your GS? I've been considering the RC but I'm afraid I'll miss the interior quality and the ride of the GS. What are your thoughts?
Old 12-25-14, 08:33 AM
zskylar
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's only been one day of driving. So too soon to tell. I'm age 65 so the GS is as my wife says is "a big boy's car". I really did enjoy it. But with a 27 month lease, before you know it it's time to turn it in. I like to change things things up and experience different cars and SUV's. I love the RC styling - more time is needed to see if we bond.
Old 12-25-14, 06:49 PM
NTH
Instructor

Received 128 Likes on 100 Posts

Nice! Got any pics?