happy1977
Instructor

Received 52 Likes on 42 Posts

Trailer hitch for bike rack.
Old 06-18-15, 07:19 AM
NjDude
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So, has anyone heard of any changes that will be made to the 2016 model year? It is my hope that there are few improvements. Usually by June or so, information is released for the September release of next model year.
Old 06-18-15, 07:30 AM
SigmonC
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by NjDude
So, has anyone heard of any changes that will be made to the 2016 model year? It is my hope that there are few improvements. Usually by June or so, information is released for the September release of next model year.
I know I'm looking to order one and was at my dealer on the 9th. They knew of no new changes, but that orders would open next month (July) and that they would have a list of all options I could select then. I'm going to be ordering it in August. I nothing is known on here by then, hopefully it will be, I'll be sure to post what is new if anything.
Old 06-18-15, 09:43 AM
NjDude
Pole Position

Originally Posted by SigmonC
I know I'm looking to order one and was at my dealer on the 9th. They knew of no new changes, but that orders would open next month (July) and that they would have a list of all options I could select then. I'm going to be ordering it in August. I nothing is known on here by then, hopefully it will be, I'll be sure to post what is new if anything.
Thanks, same here. I am going to place an order as well like I did with my current car. Probably get all options etc. Was hoping for the Premium Triple Led head lights .....
Old 06-18-15, 09:50 AM
SigmonC
Driver School Candidate

Thanks, same here. I am going to place an order as well like I did with my current car. Probably get all options etc. Was hoping for the Premium Triple Led head lights .....
Same here!! Really would love to see those at least as an option at whatever they'd have to charge.
Old 06-18-15, 09:53 AM
FR500GT
Lead Lap

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by EthanV
Agree 3.0 turbo. Im waiting would like to have it on 4.6-4.8 0-60 range.
3.0 Turbo needs to happen
Old 06-18-15, 10:12 AM
SigmonC
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by FR500GT
3.0 Turbo needs to happen
Absolutely. I'd love if it had just a little more power considering the weight.
Old 06-18-15, 03:39 PM
antonios32
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Auto folding outside mirrors.
LED turn signals.
Premium Triple LED Headlights.
Better shape of back lights.
More choices of Rims. In north east, we have long winter and pot holes, low profile rims look great and I get the performance aspect, however, more rubber on tires works better for our roads.
More interior color choices - don't like all black dash, my 2G, IS 250 AWD with Lux package has a nice split or black on top and cashmere lower half dash, looks premium and more up-scale.
I agree with all of this accept the fact that the front emblem of the Lexus RCF needs to be more up right (look at the top of right of the website). See how it is tilted down.. I dont really like that idea, it should be up right. Otherwise your wish list is mine
Old 06-19-15, 11:43 AM
NjDude
Pole Position

Hummm 8K is a bit to extravagant just for the head lights.I would also have to invest to lower the front as well. Just hope Lexus will come through with factory installed Triple Headlights. Also, if you noticed, the just above the DRLs there is a thin slot for led turn signals that comes with the Triple headlights. Lexus should make that as a standard for led turn signals instead of the orange bulb in the main headlight casings.
Old 06-19-15, 02:01 PM
Pearlrider
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Awesome job on the research ! I had inquired with my parts guy and got a quote of $2,600 per lamp. That gave me cold feet right away. But I had no idea there was more to it than just a plug and play.
At first I thought there was a DOT requirement that the lamps did not meet state side. What gives?
Canada and the Aussies ?? No pun intended...

Oh, I forgot to mention. You have to remove the front bumper cover in order to remove the lamps. The front lower half of the lamp has several bolts to remove plus it's shape does not allow it to pull straight out.

Last edited by Pearlrider; 06-19-15 at 02:06 PM. Reason: More info
Old 06-22-15, 11:39 AM
NjDude
Pole Position

I think RCF looks HOT in yellow. Wish Lexus would offer the RC 350 in yellow as well.

Old 06-22-15, 07:46 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

I'm not sure how quickly Lexus will release info on 2016 improvements, if any. My Lexus dealership (Sewell) is still showing 127 RC350's and 29 RC-F's in stock between their two locations. They have lots of 2015's to move out before they start pushing the 2016 models.
Old 06-23-15, 06:12 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I wouldn't call this an improvement but a district mgr from Lexus told me there will be a turbo RC350, turbo IS250, turbo GS350 and twin turbo super coupe.
These will be 4 cylinder engines and all the models will be called 300.
The twin turbo coupe will be an 8 cylinder and the name is unknown right now. Could be the SC reborn or LFLC.

Personally, I am not in favor of an RC300 and RC350. But Lexus seems bent on diluting for profit. I don't want cheaper versions of the car running around.
I'm hoping the guy is wrong but this isn't the first time I have heard this info and it sounds consistent.
Old 06-23-15, 06:30 PM
GregCanada
Advanced

Received 51 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by Ice350
I wouldn't call this an improvement but a district mgr from Lexus told me there will be a turbo RC350, turbo IS250, turbo GS350 and twin turbo super coupe.
The twin turbo coupe will be an 8 cylinder and the name is unknown right now. Could be the SC reborn or LFLC.

Personally, I am not in favor of an RC300 and RC350. But Lexus seems bent on diluting for profit. I don't want cheaper versions of the car running around.
I'm hoping the guy is wrong but this isn't the first time I have heard this info and it sounds consistent.
I want what he is smoking.
Old 06-23-15, 07:35 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Ice350

Who knows?

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/car...and-rc300.html

Quick Reply: 2016 RC - Wish list