RC - 1st Gen (2015-present) Discussion about the new Lexus RC model

What do you love/hate about your RC?

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-14, 06:32 AM
nylawyer
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Loves: stitching in the leather interior, grey powder coated rims, comfortable seats, overall looks I get when driving it!

Hates: no sunglass holder, very limited space in car, side door pockets are also narrow (can't find a place for my sunglass case), no way to mute nav when on a call, no easy way to end nav (is there?)
Old 12-04-14, 06:34 AM
RDKohler
Rookie

Love the aggressive stance and style of the car. Wish the exhaust note was louder.
Old 12-04-14, 07:42 AM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 409 Likes on 337 Posts
Smile

Love: Almost everything

Hate: The front grille and the wimpy engine. I also hate the price. I would like one for free.
Old 12-04-14, 08:44 AM
nylawyer
Rookie

oh..some more loves: love the push to start (Never had that before). It's great leaving my keys in my pocket and just holding the door handle to get in.

some more hates: the Homelink remote for my garage door opener has VERY limited range. It works perfectly when I'm IN the garage..but when I'm outside, I have to be almost in the garage door for it to close...

anyone know a way to extend range of the garage remote?
Old 12-04-14, 02:29 PM
Bearcat
Lead Lap

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Can't stand the plain headlights. Should have made them the 3 L LED ones.
Old 12-05-14, 07:42 AM
toyotatom
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

It could be a weak signal from your garage opener also. With my old opener, I had to like 35 feet away to open the door with the homelink. We got a new opener and both cars we have open the door from the street, about 150 ft. away. Both cars are 2014 Lexus's IS and ES.

Originally Posted by nylawyer
oh..some more loves: love the push to start (Never had that before). It's great leaving my keys in my pocket and just holding the door handle to get in.

some more hates: the Homelink remote for my garage door opener has VERY limited range. It works perfectly when I'm IN the garage..but when I'm outside, I have to be almost in the garage door for it to close...

anyone know a way to extend range of the garage remote?
Old 12-06-14, 07:43 AM
tfischer

Received 191 Likes on 144 Posts

The range on my Homelink is excellent, and it works better than the ones in my RX and my SC. The problems experienced by NYLawyr are either a bad unit in the car or an unusual configuration in his garage. By the way, my son-in-law just bought a Porsche Panamara (the kids are doing well), and he said that to configure his built-in openers the remote had to be held in front of the car, not inside the car near the buttons. This leads me to suspect that the signals in the Porsche are sent from the very front of the car, and not from inside the car. This would surely increase the effective range considerably.
Old 12-09-14, 10:13 AM
EvolutionR
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The headlights are ugly.. Need that LED thooo hah.
I wish the turn signals are with the led swoosh..
I don't like how the sunroof open looks like the car is ready to land like a plane...
Old 12-09-14, 10:29 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by EvolutionR
The headlights are ugly.. Need that LED thooo hah.
I wish the turn signals are with the led swoosh..
I don't like how the sunroof open looks like the car is ready to land like a plane...
turn signals are in the swoosh
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rc-...they-leds.html

RC roof is small, it wont be able to retract inside. Not only that if it retracts inside that subtracts headroom which theres not a lot of in the backseat. Just another reason not to get a moonroof. I wouldnt get a moonroof in an RC
Old 12-09-14, 10:52 AM
tfischer

It's a coupe, and the roof is curved, so the sunroof (moonroof?) cannot retract internally as it does on an SUV or a large sedan. Even if it looks strange from the outside of the car when open, I still like the roof because: (1) it can be nice to open up the car in certain weather, (2) I can't see it from the outside when I'm driving; (3) even when closed, the glass panel opens up the interior considerably. Being in a room with a big window is more inviting and comfortable than being in a room with no windows. I have seldom closed the interior shade on any of my moonroof cars. Also, at this point, what's an extra thou?
As for the turn signals, I will have to go down to the garage some day and see what flashes, but this is not a deal-breaker.
Old 12-10-14, 07:00 AM
tfischer

I looked at my turn signals (RC350 - not F-Sport or F): the turn signal is not in the swoosh daytime lights on my car. The signal is an amber bulb located between the two headlamp lights in the light cluster, an amber stripe on the outside mirror and a rectangular amber lamp nestled in the corner of the rear lamp assembly. Perhaps a different kind of headlight might be different, but that's whats on my car. I do have the fog light option, but as far as I can recall, I have "standard" headlights.
Old 12-10-14, 07:04 PM
jowsleyyy
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Anybody know the specs of our rims?
Old 12-11-14, 05:51 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

so only the premium triple L headlights has the LED turn signal in the DRL?
Old 12-11-14, 06:14 AM
tfischer

That would be my guess. My headlight assembly has two headlights and one amber turn signal in it. With regular headlights, one of the two is lit, as are the fog lights (when that switch is set to "on"). With high beams, both headlights are lit, and the fog lights go out. Both settings look pretty bright to me, especially with the extra light being projected low from the fog lamps.
Old 12-11-14, 06:36 AM
yardie876
Lexus Champion

Received 87 Likes on 73 Posts

Hmm confusing. The non premium headlight equipped cars seem to have both indicators, but use the incandescent ones in the actual headlight... I think. The LEDs in the DRL are definitely there, unless they're dummy LEDs.
Attached Thumbnails What do you love/hate about your RC?-image-587013066.jpg  

Quick Reply: What do you love/hate about your RC?