RC - 1st Gen (2015-present) Discussion about the new Lexus RC model

My Atomic Silver with wheels and a drop

Old 12-10-14, 07:39 AM
RetroGamerJP
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sajonf
Pretty sure those aren't the same springs I used. His looks a hell of a lot lower.
Gents - I started out to use the Tanabe NF springs for the GS ... the back fits the F model no problem (although only lowers about .25 inches) ... the front springs, do not fit (on the F) ... the spring perch is different from the non-F models. Diameter of perch is smaller than the bottom diameter of coil so it will not seat at all.

My project is a work in progress using coil overs but I am still currently running stock dampeners in the rear. This weekend I will finish and have adjustable dampeners in the rear and THEN I will do the alignment. I was waiting to finish this weekend and then I can share my results with everyone... right now because I have aftermarkets (adjustable) struts in the front and stock in the rear, its difficult to comment on ride quality but so far everything has worked out great. I was able to dial the ride height exactly where I wanted and the ride quality even in it's current state is more than acceptable.

So yes, while I am lowered, I do not know officially if there are going to be major alignment concerns, that why I was curious if the OP had any input there. I'm optimistic as it doesn't look like the camber really changed drastically. I just noticed that there was also no factory adjustment for it. I'm sure the bushings from another model will likely work if needed.

Last edited by RetroGamerJP; 12-10-14 at 07:44 AM.
Old 12-10-14, 07:46 AM
RetroGamerJP
Driver

Actually I can't really tell any difference from stock. I expected to be able to tell the difference but was pleasantly surprised that it feels no different. It is stiff but not harsh in Sport + and plush and comfortable in other modes.

When I had it aligned they were able to get it back to factory tolerances so no camber issues.
Many thanks!
Old 12-10-14, 07:58 AM
TripleL
No Substitute

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Looks fantastic, perfect match up
Old 12-12-14, 03:57 PM
billnbev
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

man that drop looks perfect! definitely on the todo list!
Old 12-25-14, 11:23 PM
sincityIS
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I wonder if a little fatter tire would fit, the fender gap would fill in a bit more and the tire would be less stretch. Not saying yours looks bad, I looks great. I think it would look stunning though with one size wider tire, if they didn't rub. I just ordered a black/black f sport and want to do some 20x10.5 rear and 20x8.5/9 front with a 285/30/20 and 245/35/20 front. I do however want it flush as possible without having to modify the fender.

I like flush:

\

Old 12-26-14, 11:12 AM
sajonf
Driver

Originally Posted by sincityIS
I wonder if a little fatter tire would fit, the fender gap would fill in a bit more and the tire would be less stretch. Not saying yours looks bad, I looks great. I think it would look stunning though with one size wider tire, if they didn't rub. I just ordered a black/black f sport and want to do some 20x10.5 rear and 20x8.5/9 front with a 285/30/20 and 245/35/20 front. I do however want it flush as possible without having to modify the fender.

I like flush:

\

To each his own. I wouldnt want any more sidewall than I have. Looks perfect IMO
Old 12-28-14, 10:51 PM
sincityIS
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

No I like yours as well, I was just asking for point of reference. Is there room for.a larger tire if the offset is the smae?
Old 01-02-15, 05:01 PM
Twong13
Driver School Candidate

Love this car!

I just ordered a infrared 350 awd! Is anyone good at photoshop? I'd love to see an infrared version with the matte graphite version of the vfs-1
Old 01-02-15, 05:41 PM
islandbeef
Racer

Received 62 Likes on 38 Posts

Here are a few more pics. It has settled a bit more since the springs were installed a week ago

The car looks sweet. I think the equity in your neighborhood went up.
Old 01-28-15, 09:34 AM
gsintensive
Lexus Test Driver

While I don't like Vossen brand but this looks amazing on your new RC! Conclave is awesome and you've lowered it just right!

Loving it!
Old 01-28-15, 10:47 AM
jspridge
Driver School Candidate

Adding a little content to this thread. A few weeks ago, I traded in a 2014 IS 350 AWD and purchased the RC350 AWD shown here (with apparent factory lift kit!)

I took the advice in this thread and ordered the Tanabe GS springs, but when I installed them, I decided to go just a little lower than what the OP did. To accomplish this, I removed one coil from each replacement spring. Ground to top of wheel well is now 26.25" at all four corners for a net lowering of more than 2 inches in the front, and a little more than 1.5" at the rear. In my opinion (and in the opinion of many people who have commented on it in person, it's perfect now. Ride quality is unchanged, and the front bumper is still more than 6" off the ground.
Attached Thumbnails My Atomic Silver with wheels and a drop-rc1.jpg   My Atomic Silver with wheels and a drop-rc2.jpg  
Old 01-28-15, 12:03 PM
GetUrWheel
Former Sponsor

Received 44 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by jspridge
Adding a little content to this thread. A few weeks ago, I traded in a 2014 IS 350 AWD and purchased the RC350 AWD shown here (with apparent factory lift kit!)

I took the advice in this thread and ordered the Tanabe GS springs, but when I installed them, I decided to go just a little lower than what the OP did. To accomplish this, I removed one coil from each replacement spring. Ground to top of wheel well is now 26.25" at all four corners for a net lowering of more than 2 inches in the front, and a little more than 1.5" at the rear. In my opinion (and in the opinion of many people who have commented on it in person, it's perfect now. Ride quality is unchanged, and the front bumper is still more than 6" off the ground.
Wow, that looks like a completely different car lowered! It looks much longer and bigger
Old 01-28-15, 07:33 PM
sajonf
Driver

Originally Posted by jspridge

looks fantastic! thanks for the input to the thread. I have been riding on these Tanabes for 3000 problem free miles and love the look. Don't think I could go as aggressive as yours with these wheels but love that look.
Old 01-28-15, 09:28 PM
unc879wins
Intermediate

That look is very aggressive now. Nice work!!
Old 01-29-15, 09:29 AM
jspridge
Driver School Candidate

looks fantastic! thanks for the input to the thread. I have been riding on these Tanabes for 3000 problem free miles and love the look. Don't think I could go as aggressive as yours with these wheels but love that look.
Thanks for the kind words! I'll let you know soon if you can go this low with those wheels, as I'm looking to purchase a set of those wheels in a darker finish for my car. If I don't buy the wheels, I'm at least going to add spacers behind my stock wheels. There is at least 10MM available to push the wheels out at all four corners without interfering with the fender.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: My Atomic Silver with wheels and a drop