RC - 1st Gen (2015-present) Discussion about the new Lexus RC model

My Atomic Silver with wheels and a drop

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-15, 01:22 PM
Fishman350
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love the lowered look and am seriously contemplating lowering my RC AWD with these springs. Having never had suspension work done on anything close to this expensive a car I am looking for some advice as to who you have do this work. I live in Denver and can't seem to find anyone via the Internet that has any experience lowering a Lexus. Obviously I know that cannot be true in such a sizeable metro area, but I feel like maybe I'm searching the wrong terms. I know y'all don't live in Denver but any advice you veteran suspension folks can share would be much appreciated!
Old 01-30-15, 09:09 AM
jspridge
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Fishman350
I love the lowered look and am seriously contemplating lowering my RC AWD with these springs. Having never had suspension work done on anything close to this expensive a car I am looking for some advice as to who you have do this work. I live in Denver and can't seem to find anyone via the Internet that has any experience lowering a Lexus. Obviously I know that cannot be true in such a sizeable metro area, but I feel like maybe I'm searching the wrong terms. I know y'all don't live in Denver but any advice you veteran suspension folks can share would be much appreciated!
This is the sort of project that most reputable performance shops should be able to handle for you. The job isn't complicated, just time consuming. They'll pull the wheels and then the factory struts, compress the factory springs, then replace the springs on the struts with the Tanabe springs (removing a coil if you want it a little lower) then reassemble that corner of the suspension in reverse order of disassembly. I believe the rear has separate springs and shocks, but most of the steps would be similar. You should search for an automotive performance shop to find a suitable mechanic for this job. It will take them around 4 hours to do all four corners.
Old 01-30-15, 07:28 PM
sajonf
Driver

Originally Posted by jspridge
This is the sort of project that most reputable performance shops should be able to handle for you. The job isn't complicated, just time consuming. They'll pull the wheels and then the factory struts, compress the factory springs, then replace the springs on the struts with the Tanabe springs (removing a coil if you want it a little lower) then reassemble that corner of the suspension in reverse order of disassembly. I believe the rear has separate springs and shocks, but most of the steps would be similar. You should search for an automotive performance shop to find a suitable mechanic for this job. It will take them around 4 hours to do all four corners.
I totally agree. That's what I did. KC Trends Motorsports did my work and they were fantastic. They do all sorts of custom car/truck/SUV work and do a lot of high end cars including Ferrari, Lamborghini, etc. They quoted me 4 hours labor but had it done in 3 wheels and tires included. I am sure there are similar shops in Denver who do good work.
Old 02-01-15, 06:23 PM
lilSCsteve

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Those do look good on your RC!
Old 02-01-15, 07:24 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

The Atomic Silver and the Vossens are... Sweet ride!
Old 02-08-15, 07:15 PM
RastaRacer
Lexus Champion

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Nicely done. Very clean setup.
Old 02-13-15, 12:50 PM
chotime
Driver School Candidate

Tanabe R&D borrowed my RC F Sport and lowered.
Old 02-13-15, 12:51 PM
Jump2man3
Lexus Test Driver

looks really good man love how the vossens sit nice with the styling of the RC
Old 02-13-15, 01:09 PM
LRCSALES
Lead Lap

Received 71 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by chotime

Tanabe R&D borrowed my RC F Sport and lowered.
gorgeous. do they have a release date.
Old 02-14-15, 08:39 AM
sajonf
Driver

Looks great chotime. Mine has actually dropped quite a bit since the pics from the day they were installed. Here are some current pics with her sister

Old 02-15-15, 05:43 PM
GetUrWheel
Former Sponsor

Received 44 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by sajonf
Looks great chotime. Mine has actually dropped quite a bit since the pics from the day they were installed. Here are some current pics with her sister

Both cars are on point, nice photos!
Old 02-15-15, 06:35 PM
LRCSALES
Lead Lap

Received 71 Likes on 52 Posts

Man the car looks even better now!
Old 03-02-15, 09:49 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by RetroGame
Gents - I started out to use the Tanabe NF springs for the GS ... the back fits the F model no problem (although only lowers about .25 inches) ... the front springs, do not fit (on the F) ... the spring perch is different from the non-F models. Diameter of perch is smaller than the bottom diameter of coil so it will not seat at all.

My project is a work in progress using coil overs but I am still currently running stock dampeners in the rear. This weekend I will finish and have adjustable dampeners in the rear and THEN I will do the alignment. I was waiting to finish this weekend and then I can share my results with everyone... right now because I have aftermarkets (adjustable) struts in the front and stock in the rear, its difficult to comment on ride quality but so far everything has worked out great. I was able to dial the ride height exactly where I wanted and the ride quality even in it's current state is more than acceptable.

So yes, while I am lowered, I do not know officially if there are going to be major alignment concerns, that why I was curious if the OP had any input there. I'm optimistic as it doesn't look like the camber really changed drastically. I just noticed that there was also no factory adjustment for it. I'm sure the bushings from another model will likely work if needed.
I don't get it. You say the Tanabe's don't work yet the OP has them on his car? What gives?
Old 03-03-15, 11:18 AM
RamiRom
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ice350
I don't get it. You say the Tanabe's don't work yet the OP has them on his car? What gives?
seems obvious that OP has a F-Sport and RetroGame was talking about them not fitting on his RCF

I could be wrong?
Old 03-03-15, 06:55 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by RamiRom
seems obvious that OP has a F-Sport and RetroGame was talking about them not fitting on his RCF

I could be wrong?
Thanks, I didn't see that.

Quick Reply: My Atomic Silver with wheels and a drop