Price Paid for RC 350

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-15, 10:02 AM
tcrcnsx
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Soosh2K
South Florida
RC350 F-Sport w/ Nav & Roof. No ML Audio. Agreed upon selling price was about $46.5k +++
MSRP $51,978
did your friend work at the dealership ? I try to offer dealer 4k off msrp and paying in cash non of them would take the deal.
Old 03-18-15, 11:00 AM
Arfboy
Driver

Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by FlexRC
Thanks.. Arfboy ... Gonna reach out to the Stealer... I mean dealer today... appreciate the info!
Good luck! If she doesn't offer you a good deal, let me know and I'll go down there and give her a stern talking to. lol
Old 03-19-15, 03:51 AM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Got mine 2 weeks ago. Black/red. Didn't get ML and kicking myself. Was gonna put my sub in trunk but its too big.
Anyway, got second thoughts about posting price. Wouldn't be fair since I sell cars.
But I will help anyone get a great price.
Old 03-19-15, 07:03 AM
edecho
Driver School Candidate

I picked up mine on Sunday, ultra white on black, after all the adjustments, it came out to be about $50 above invoice.
Attached Thumbnails Price Paid for RC 350-20150315_163458.jpg  
Old 03-19-15, 09:36 AM
Arfboy
Driver

Originally Posted by edecho
I picked up mine on Sunday, ultra white on black, after all the adjustments, it came out to be about $50 above invoice.
Good choice and good price! I wish mine had come with a big red bow.
Old 03-19-15, 09:41 AM
FlexRC
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Arfboy
Good luck! If she doesn't offer you a good deal, let me know and I'll go down there and give her a stern talking to. lol
Haha... Well I reached out to her on Tuesday via their website .... Still no contact from her ... I will try to call her over the weekend as I prefer yo do everything by email ... I'll keep you updated ...
Old 03-19-15, 09:42 AM
Arfboy
Driver

Originally Posted by Ice350
Got mine 2 weeks ago. Black/red. Didn't get ML and kicking myself. Was gonna put my sub in trunk but its too big.
Anyway, got second thoughts about posting price. Wouldn't be fair since I sell cars.
But I will help anyone get a great price.
I almost passed on the ML, too. It really isn't all that impressive, especially considering the price. How big is the sub?
Old 03-19-15, 02:19 PM
HoustonTX
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by sahilio
Anyone know of any dealers in the Houston, Austin, or San Antonio areas who are willing to sell slightly above, at, or below invoice? It seems like there are quite a few people out in California and Florida (and maybe some other areas as well) who have dealers that are willing to sell around invoice as opposed to MSRP. Would really appreciate any help from those down here in Texas who have come across a specific dealer or salesperson.
I just came back from visiting a Lexus dealer here in Houston - I have to say for my first attempt at dealing with a Lexus dealer (I have had BMW, Audi, etc, but never a Lexus) I was highly disappointed. The salesman would not let me drive an RC (he said all owners wanted no miles on their cars). I said I wouldn't buy a car without driving one and he said I could "drive" my car, after doing the paperwork, around the parking lot, then if I didn't like it, we could undo the deal !

He also said they are not dealing at all on sticker price and the car is in very high demand (I have watched their website and the car I was interested in has been there for at least 3 weeks)...he quoted me a 3yr lease (12K miles/yr with $3K down) of $800 per month. I asked him why they were advertising a $449 lease on their website (obviously for a lower level/lower miles car) and how a car that was only $6K more in sticker price could be almost double the lease price...he didn't have an answer to that question

My current lease it up in 6 months, so I have some time to wait and see what deals might become available, but I sure wasn't treated how I thought I would be at a Lexus dealer...it was more like the old time car salesman stories you hear about, I didn't know they still acted that way.

For reference, I went across the street to the Cadillac dealer to check out the ATS Coupe - the salesman immediately offered to let me take a car for a 24hr test drive, showed me around the dealership, met the manager - the kind of experience I thought I would get at Lexus....
Old 03-19-15, 02:30 PM
Arfboy
Driver

Originally Posted by FlexRC
Haha... Well I reached out to her on Tuesday via their website .... Still no contact from her ... I will try to call her over the weekend as I prefer yo do everything by email ... I'll keep you updated ...
Give her a direct call on her cell phone. I'm the same way and I prefer email, but phone really is the best way to get ahold of her. I missed out on a lower price because I didn't wait on her email response. lol
Old 03-19-15, 02:51 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Arfboy
I almost passed on the ML, too. It really isn't all that impressive, especially considering the price. How big is the sub?
The sub is a 13. It's that big box its in. Maybe I can put it in a smaller box. Thinking of selling though and replace it with a powered sub tube.
Got other things to do first.
Got springs and waiting for a friend to install.
Got wheels on the way.
Need clear bra.
Only thing I did so far is tint.
Old 03-19-15, 04:01 PM
Sonus
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by HoustonTX
I just came back from visiting a Lexus dealer here in Houston - I have to say for my first attempt at dealing with a Lexus dealer (I have had BMW, Audi, etc, but never a Lexus) I was highly disappointed. The salesman would not let me drive an RC (he said all owners wanted no miles on their cars). I said I wouldn't buy a car without driving one and he said I could "drive" my car, after doing the paperwork, around the parking lot, then if I didn't like it, we could undo the deal !

He also said they are not dealing at all on sticker price and the car is in very high demand (I have watched their website and the car I was interested in has been there for at least 3 weeks)...he quoted me a 3yr lease (12K miles/yr with $3K down) of $800 per month. I asked him why they were advertising a $449 lease on their website (obviously for a lower level/lower miles car) and how a car that was only $6K more in sticker price could be almost double the lease price...he didn't have an answer to that question

My current lease it up in 6 months, so I have some time to wait and see what deals might become available, but I sure wasn't treated how I thought I would be at a Lexus dealer...it was more like the old time car salesman stories you hear about, I didn't know they still acted that way.

For reference, I went across the street to the Cadillac dealer to check out the ATS Coupe - the salesman immediately offered to let me take a car for a 24hr test drive, showed me around the dealership, met the manager - the kind of experience I thought I would get at Lexus....
Just try a different dealer, I had (almost) the same problem with my local Lexus dealer at the end i purchased the car 40 miles away from home instead of 5 miles .
some dealers have too much business and that makes them hard to deal with, find a dealer with less business and you should be fine.

Try emailing this form to all the dealers in your area, see who replies. for me that what got me the best deal.

Last edited by Sonus; 03-19-15 at 04:04 PM.
Old 03-19-15, 04:26 PM
HoustonTX
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Sonus
Just try a different dealer, I had (almost) the same problem with my local Lexus dealer at the end i purchased the car 40 miles away from home instead of 5 miles .
some dealers have too much business and that makes them hard to deal with, find a dealer with less business and you should be fine.

Try emailing this form to all the dealers in your area, see who replies. for me that what got me the best deal.
Thanks for the form - I will do that....
Old 03-19-15, 04:45 PM
Briitini
Rookie

Wow!!! 100% unacceptable!!!!!! Have you shopped around! Also it's weird that they don't have a DEMO RC which is for test drives!!! It seems like you had an idiot. I'd go back and ask for someone else! Or go to an entirely different dealership.
Old 03-19-15, 08:05 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Our dealership allows test drives but that first month they were out we did not. We also didn't discount the car one penny for 2 months. What trips me out is how people get offended because the dealer/salesman wants to make a buck. Nothing wrong with getting a good deal but why be offended? Go to another dealer. Plus you can go back to the same one. Ask for another salesman and speak to the manager. But getting offended? I just don't get it.

When I bought my RC350, I made sure it was one that wasn't test driven. I don't like buying cars driven by multiple people. So that's not a strange thing either. I've had some customers who insisted the same....fresh off the truck or no deal.

Please don't compare a Cadillac to Lexus.

Chill out and do your homework/research. They aren't supposed to just lay down for you. You have to work for your good deal.
Old 03-19-15, 09:02 PM
HoustonTX
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Ice350
Our dealership allows test drives but that first month they were out we did not. We also didn't discount the car one penny for 2 months. What trips me out is how people get offended because the dealer/salesman wants to make a buck. Nothing wrong with getting a good deal but why be offended? Go to another dealer. Plus you can go back to the same one. Ask for another salesman and speak to the manager. But getting offended? I just don't get it.

When I bought my RC350, I made sure it was one that wasn't test driven. I don't like buying cars driven by multiple people. So that's not a strange thing either. I've had some customers who insisted the same....fresh off the truck or no deal.

Please don't compare a Cadillac to Lexus.

Chill out and do your homework/research. They aren't supposed to just lay down for you. You have to work for your good deal.
As I said, I have 6 months to go so Im very "chill" and doing my homework by visiting the dealer along with other dealers......and nowhere did I say I was offended.....thanks for your input though - especially your comment about Cadillac...you sounded just like the Lexus dealer I talked with today...

Last edited by HoustonTX; 03-19-15 at 09:13 PM.

Quick Reply: Price Paid for RC 350