RC - 1st Gen (2015-present) Discussion about the new Lexus RC model

Price Paid for RC 350

Old 03-29-15, 04:42 PM
ls430lover
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default for all those leasing

hi for all those leasing, i am amazed at the amount of buyers putting money down on leases. not that i know it all but have been leasing and negotiating deals on cars for 20 years and am pretty good at saving friends and family thousands. if interested please read the tips below on negotiating leases and hope it helps some of the posts i read i cringe at the thousands of dollars all is leaving on the table.

1) always negotiate leases for the shortest term if the lease factor is good. 36 months max 24 is best to avoid dealing with brakes and tires if your doing over 15 k in a lease a year
2) when negotiating always negotiate with comparing three dealers and use the numbers you get from the dealers to go to the place you want to finalize your deal. i usually will call two dealers if one says 425/ month tax in i tell the other 405 month and see if i can get two other dealers to beat the original number. if i get resistance then i know the number is pretty good
3) always and mean always put first month, fees at a max no extra money down on a lease no money down if you can't afford the payment with no money down don't buy the car
4) when you finalize your deal at the dealer you want and are sitting down close the deal by adding mileage on the lease. tell them i am prepared to move forward with the 10 k lease if you can do it with 12k. if its 12 go to 15. this way it buffers you from mileage worries, and is usually helpful unless your a buyer thats doing 10 k a year which i am seeing a lot of those leases so it may not help.
5) another thing about major money down with leases is if you total the car, i know that whats gap insurance is for but if you put 3 to 5 k down on a lease you will lose it.
6) in warm states have them tint the windows as a throw in to close the deal
hope these help, its simple negotiate with three dealers at the end of the month, no money down just inception fees, try to avoid dealer fees,
safe driving
Old 03-30-15, 08:23 AM
Iceman1
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ultrasonic Blue 2.0 w/Playa interior AWD

Msrp: $53,753
Selling price: $50,800 (includes dealer buying out my remaning 4 payments on my Honda lease $1,040)

Lease: 12k/yr 36 months $553 per month.
Just tax, fees and first month out of pocket.

Residual:64%
Money factor: .00120

Think I got a good deal seeing as how with out the last 4 payments on my Honda the selling price would be $49,760 which is few hundred over invoice. What do you think? Will post some pics when I get a chance
Old 03-30-15, 09:47 AM
FlexRC
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Iceman1

Selling price: $50,800 (includes dealer buying out my remaning 4 payments on my Honda lease $1,040)

Think I got a good deal seeing as how with out the last 4 payments on my Honda the selling price would be $49,760 which is few hundred over invoice. What do you think? Will post some pics when I get a chance
Ultimately it doesn't matter how we think you did ... You already signed for the car ... Enjoy her !
Old 03-30-15, 12:53 PM
yok3dIS
Intermediate

Received 204 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by ls430lover
hi for all those leasing, i am amazed at the amount of buyers putting money down on leases. not that i know it all but have been leasing and negotiating deals on cars for 20 years and am pretty good at saving friends and family thousands. if interested please read the tips below on negotiating leases and hope it helps some of the posts i read i cringe at the thousands of dollars all is leaving on the table.

1) always negotiate leases for the shortest term if the lease factor is good. 36 months max 24 is best to avoid dealing with brakes and tires if your doing over 15 k in a lease a year
2) when negotiating always negotiate with comparing three dealers and use the numbers you get from the dealers to go to the place you want to finalize your deal. i usually will call two dealers if one says 425/ month tax in i tell the other 405 month and see if i can get two other dealers to beat the original number. if i get resistance then i know the number is pretty good
3) always and mean always put first month, fees at a max no extra money down on a lease no money down if you can't afford the payment with no money down don't buy the car
4) when you finalize your deal at the dealer you want and are sitting down close the deal by adding mileage on the lease. tell them i am prepared to move forward with the 10 k lease if you can do it with 12k. if its 12 go to 15. this way it buffers you from mileage worries, and is usually helpful unless your a buyer thats doing 10 k a year which i am seeing a lot of those leases so it may not help.
5) another thing about major money down with leases is if you total the car, i know that whats gap insurance is for but if you put 3 to 5 k down on a lease you will lose it.
6) in warm states have them tint the windows as a throw in to close the deal
hope these help, its simple negotiate with three dealers at the end of the month, no money down just inception fees, try to avoid dealer fees,
safe driving
Thanks for the advice! I actually did #1, #2 & #4! This is my second lease and getting better at it.
Old 03-30-15, 12:58 PM
toyotatom
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Sounds like you did ok on your lease, don't compare your lease with deals gotten on the West coast, they get really good deals out there with a lot of dealers to negotiate with. Enjoy the car

Originally Posted by Iceman1

Old 03-30-15, 03:18 PM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 153 Likes on 91 Posts

People put money down on leases because it's reality and how the real world works. This will go on till the end of time. Why? Because people can only afford a certain amount per month, but have saved up some money to be car shopping. The down payment makes that monthly payment possible. Without money down, most people cannot afford to lease the car they are looking at. The dealer will always be right there to encourage the buyer he/she can have the nicer model, the extra options, or how money down can make the whole sale possible if they are coming up short on the monthy. One makes the other work when it's needed, and usually people have some money saved up if they are car shopping. I'm not saying this is smart, but this is how auto leasing usually takes place once in the showroom and a transaction is going down.
Old 03-30-15, 04:42 PM
cobbyy
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by elusive
Is your credit below 720? Else you should be getting a MF of .0012
Dealer said 0.0012
I would be getting 0.0008 with 5 security deposit.

Originally Posted by HoustonTX
Money Factor * 2400 = APR so your MF of .008 = 19.2%

Are you sure .008 is correct ?
Dealer said 0.0012

Originally Posted by toyotatom
He must mean .0008, which is very good if that's what it is
0.0008 if im putting 5 refundable security deposits
0.0012 with the posted deal

Originally Posted by toyotatom
Im sure you will like the 435 also, quite a bit quicker from what I've read. If you try one, let us know how the leasing deals compare, Thanks
BMW wants an arm and leg for it right now.
my build came out 56k and they want 3k down 650/months. 12k year 36 months.
But they said check back on 4/1 as new deal will take place and will be significantly cheaper.
We'll see.
Old 03-31-15, 01:05 AM
WiLz
Driver

If anyone is looking to get an RC350 F-Sport now, most dealers are willing to go at least $1500 to $2500 below invoice. These include Riverside, Keyes Van Nuys, Crown Ontario, and Longo Lexus. 2 dealers gave me quotes of below $47,500 on MSRP $53,000 cars (with some negotiating).

Ended up finalizing a lease deal 36 months/10K miles, $1000 down (including first months payment), max MSD's, $449/month including taxes.
Old 03-31-15, 01:34 AM
cobbyy
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by WiLz
If anyone is looking to get an RC350 F-Sport now, most dealers are willing to go at least $1500 to $2500 below invoice. These include Riverside, Keyes Van Nuys, Crown Ontario, and Longo Lexus. 2 dealers gave me quotes of below $47,500 on MSRP $53,000 cars (with some negotiating).

Ended up finalizing a lease deal 36 months/10K miles, $1000 down (including first months payment), max MSD's, $449/month including taxes.
How much MSD?
Old 03-31-15, 05:57 AM
ls430lover
Lead Lap

Default people put money

down if they don't negotiate the deal properly or buying a car that they shouldn't be in for monthly payment.. you don't lease vehicles and put money down unless its a refundable security deposit
i put 8 payments down about 4k on a bmws 5 series and got it back at end of lease.
my formula works, choose to do or don't do as you please, its a simple formula
negotiate tax in
compare three dealers telling the other dealers your quoted price is 15-25 month lower to see resistance.
buy at end of month some dealers will actually lose money to get an bonus on unit volume
buy shorter term leases unless doing 10k year then doesn't matter
add mileage in at table when ready to pull the trigger,
and most important have patience ill give you an example
recently my friend wanted an es350 36 month lease with basic package no nav no premium car listed for 390000
started the game at 520/month because i didnt shop just trusted walking in based on reputation of dealer, with 15k.
after a week walked out of same dealer at 357/month 15 k including tax 2015 es 350 just around 500 out of pocket
cheers
Old 03-31-15, 06:03 AM
FastTags
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Dude, you have been posting this on every thread. This subject has been explored to death, we know all this, there is nothing new about your so called "formula". MSD have been around for some time and people are aware, just as most people who put money down are aware about possible loosing the down payment, there are other tricks to avoid this and people KnOw. Stop acting like we all stupid here and you are the only one who knows about buying cars!
Originally Posted by ls430lover
down if they don't negotiate the deal properly or buying a car that they shouldn't be in for monthly payment.. you don't lease vehicles and put money down unless its a refundable security deposit
i put 8 payments down about 4k on a bmws 5 series and got it back at end of lease.
my formula works, choose to do or don't do as you please, its a simple formula
negotiate tax in
compare three dealers telling the other dealers your quoted price is 15-25 month lower to see resistance.
buy at end of month some dealers will actually lose money to get an bonus on unit volume
buy shorter term leases unless doing 10k year then doesn't matter
add mileage in at table when ready to pull the trigger,
and most important have patience ill give you an example
recently my friend wanted an es350 36 month lease with basic package no nav no premium car listed for 390000
started the game at 520/month because i didnt shop just trusted walking in based on reputation of dealer, with 15k.
after a week walked out of same dealer at 357/month 15 k including tax 2015 es 350 just around 500 out of pocket
cheers
Old 03-31-15, 06:05 AM
FastTags
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by WiLz
s
Good to know, I thought dealers dont go down less than $1500 from msrp on those.
Old 03-31-15, 06:10 AM
ls430lover
Lead Lap

Default mr dude

this is a forum for discussing your lectures with your 1920 abacus are getting old.
chill out and relax and enjoy the forum with an open mind and discussion
be well chill my lexus friend
Old 03-31-15, 08:16 AM
Canesguy
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Post deleted
Old 03-31-15, 10:23 AM
WiLz
Driver

Originally Posted by cobbyy
How much MSD?
9 MSDs, $450 each (monthly payment rounded up), so $4050 deposit.

New MF 0.00048 (0.00120 - 9*0.00008), saves another >$2,200 over term of lease.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Price Paid for RC 350