RC - 1st Gen (2015-present) Discussion about the new Lexus RC model

WoW RC-Fsport and Vossen

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-14, 09:46 AM
jadu
live.love.laugh.lexus

Received 89 Likes on 71 Posts

btw, how much more does it add to the sticker price? I'd like to ride off the lot like that
Old 11-14-14, 10:49 AM
Darkside81
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jadu
btw, how much more does it add to the sticker price? I'd like to ride off the lot like that
JM Lexus has a special department call "JM Custom Creations" that does all the "modding" of their showroom cars and as such it will be slightly more than pricing it out your self. The sticker said the wheel and tire package was $6,500 the same setup can be found on your own for about $4,000 or less but you will have to do all the leg work your self and make sure you have compatible tire pressure sensors warranty etc. you pay for convenience and professionalism witch the JM custom Creation guys are know for. I have had them do some work on my IS just to make sure it stayed in warranty and they were awesome.
Old 11-15-14, 10:02 AM
aWorkOfArt
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Has anyone confirmed the suspension they installed on the car? I'm sure its just springs, but what brand?
Old 11-16-14, 03:26 AM
SNiiP3R
Lead Lap

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Fishman350
I love these rims but with the AWD version you cannot do a staggered setup without doing long term damage to the center diff. I wonder if you could do 20x10 all the way around and still have offsets that keep the tires flush with the fenders.
Not true. As long as you do the math right, and get the proper tire sizes, you will be fine. The AWD will not engage if you only have -+2mm differences in circumference.
Old 11-18-14, 12:38 PM
Fishman350
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 1SexyLexus
Has anyone confirmed the suspension they installed on the car? I'm sure its just springs, but what brand?
The initial post says Tanabe's but the Tanabe's website seems to indicate that they are just now seeking R&D cars for the RC so it would seem odd that they would already have springs released. Perhaps JM retrofitted some NF210's to work with the new RC... Curious what others know.

Sniiper- thanks for the info on the rolling diameter. I guess I'd have to do some math to see what wheel tire combos maintain the tolerance you indicate. Not a lot of wiggle room, right?
Old 11-19-14, 07:11 AM
got556
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Darkside81
JM Lexus has a special department call "JM Custom Creations" that does all the "modding" of their showroom cars and as such it will be slightly more than pricing it out your self. The sticker said the wheel and tire package was $6,500 the same setup can be found on your own for about $4,000 or less but you will have to do all the leg work your self and make sure you have compatible tire pressure sensors warranty etc. you pay for convenience and professionalism witch the JM custom Creation guys are know for. I have had them do some work on my IS just to make sure it stayed in warranty and they were awesome.
$6500!?!?!?! Well I guess if you can't find a shop to mount and balance the tires to the wheels and also if you or a shop can't install the springs all for under $2500...then I guess you get what you deserve.
Old 11-19-14, 12:54 PM
Dualpipe
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by unc879wins
Wonder how much it costs to get it lowered like that?
Ive been racking my brain with the same question
Old 11-19-14, 02:02 PM
juvi22003
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

$6500 is way too much and $4000 is still too much i think you need to do some more research they are basically a dealer and thats why they charge so much plenty other shops availability locally who can do the same work and even better for less than that.....
Old 11-19-14, 04:54 PM
aWorkOfArt
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Fishman350
The initial post says Tanabe's but the Tanabe's website seems to indicate that they are just now seeking R&D cars for the RC so it would seem odd that they would already have springs released. Perhaps JM retrofitted some NF210's to work with the new RC... Curious what others know.

Sniiper- thanks for the info on the rolling diameter. I guess I'd have to do some math to see what wheel tire combos maintain the tolerance you indicate. Not a lot of wiggle room, right?
Disregard, Diego from Vossen confirmed that the RC350 is on GS Tanabe Springs. Gonna wait and see when RSR is going to release something for the RCF...

Thread: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rc-...-too-high.html
Old 11-21-14, 12:42 PM
Darkside81
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by got556
$6500!?!?!?! Well I guess if you can't find a shop to mount and balance the tires to the wheels and also if you or a shop can't install the springs all for under $2500...then I guess you get what you deserve.
If your talking about some ghetto knock off rims and tires then sure $2500 will fit the bill. In this case we aren't talking about a Honda Civic we are talking about a $50,000+ luxury sports car. This specific build has name brand (Vossen) wheels and name brand (Pirelli) tires. Just checking tire rack shows the Pirelli's for $1,624. CarID has the VFS1's for $2,696 so the math adds up to $4320 now that is not including mounting, balancing nor the tire pressure sensors which adds about another $400. The rest is going to the dealer for their time expertise and the convenience hence why we buy brand new Lexus's. Does that make more sense to you?
Old 11-21-14, 12:55 PM
sajonf
Driver

If your talking about some ghetto knock off rims and tires then sure $2500 will fit the bill. In this case we aren't talking about a Honda Civic we are talking about a $50,000+ luxury sports car. This specific build has name brand (Vossen) wheels and name brand (Pirelli) tires. Just checking tire rack shows the Pirelli's for $1,624. CarID has the VFS1's for $2,696 so the math adds up to $4320 now that is not including mounting, balancing nor the tire pressure sensors which adds about another $400. The rest is going to the dealer for their time expertise and the convenience hence why we buy brand new Lexus's. Does that make more sense to you?
The tires are Toyo Proxes 4 Plus. I reached out to JM custom creations to get the exact setup and that's what they told me. I just ordered this EXACT same setup from my local shop
and everything comes to $3705 + tax. This includes wheels, tires, springs, lug nuts, hub rings, mounting/balancing, alignment and spring install. I will be getting them put on my Atomic Silver F-Sport on Black Friday and of course will post pics.