RC - 1st Gen (2015-present) Discussion about the new Lexus RC model

Will Lexus order a car from the factory?

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-14, 07:04 AM
RC350Fan
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Will Lexus order a car from the factory?

...or does it vary by dealer?

If they do special orders, anyone know how long it takes?

I live in Colorado, so I'm willing to wait to order one this winter to arrive in the spring. There are enough option packages and color combinations where the local dealers may not get what I want.

If I can't get any kind of deal (since it's a new model and will probably be in high demand) I might as well get exactly what I want.

Thanks in advance.
Old 10-26-14, 08:36 AM
garyb7
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It takes 3 months usually. With a new model like the RC it might take a bit longer due to pent up demand, so maybe 4 months.
Old 10-27-14, 07:19 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 110 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by RC350Fan

I live in Colorado, so I'm willing to wait to order one this winter to arrive in the spring. There are enough option packages and color combinations where the local dealers may not get what I want.

If I can't get any kind of deal (since it's a new model and will probably be in high demand) I might as well get exactly what I want.

Thanks in advance.
ask your dealer... usually first few months Lexus does not allow factory orders but what dealer does is take up next incoming vehicle that matches your specs.... which could be faster than 120 days for factory order.
Old 10-27-14, 12:45 PM
NewSpace
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

i ordered an RC F and was told 90-120 days. what sucks is lexus doesn't have any kind of order tracking system so right now i'm very much in the dark. feels like you're doing the order on faith alone.
Old 11-04-14, 08:45 PM
Fishman350
Driver School Candidate

Thanks in advance.
RC I also live in Colorado and just put down my deposit on the first non F-Sport Kuni Lexus will be getting in. They indicated that they could accommodate a special order for full msrp and it would take four months. Lucky for me they had the exact configuration I wanted en route. I should take delivery around Dec. 10th.

They got their first two in today and I test drove the F-Sport. Very smooth ride even in sport plus mode. Not sure I'm a fan of the touchpad control but the car is unbelievably beautiful.
Old 11-05-14, 08:58 AM
RC350Fan
Rookie

Originally Posted by Fishman350
RC I also live in Colorado and just put down my deposit on the first non F-Sport Kuni Lexus will be getting in. They indicated that they could accommodate a special order for full msrp and it would take four months. Lucky for me they had the exact configuration I wanted en route. I should take delivery around Dec. 10th.

They got their first two in today and I test drove the F-Sport. Very smooth ride even in sport plus mode. Not sure I'm a fan of the touchpad control but the car is unbelievably beautiful.
Congratulations, Fishman! What color are you getting? Did you opt for the 19" wheels?

I'm going back and forth between the F-Sport and RC 350.

This could be the longest 5 weeks of your life!
Old 11-05-14, 10:05 AM
Fishman350
Driver School Candidate

The car is the AWD version, Black/Black with the navigation, premium, all weather packages as well as the 19 inch rims, park assist, moonroof, lip spoiler and fog lights.

I'm probably going to swap out the rims eventually and might even consider coil-overs depending on ride and how low is sits stock. I don't like the look of dropped cars but a quarter to half inch lower really improves the look of a car in my opinion.

Can't wait.
Old 11-16-14, 05:04 AM
RC350Fan
Rookie

If I order an RC from the factory, can I order it the way I want it, or am I limited to the packages that Lexus offers in the U.S.? (Note: build page for the RC is now up: http://www.lexus.com/configurator/#/...=8980&group=RC)

For example, I don't want the LED Foglamps or the rear spoiler, but both are part of all four packages that Lexus offers for the RC.

Also, I want the dynamic radar cruise control but it is not available in any of the packages.

Again, I would be ordering the car from the factory.

Thanks!
Old 11-16-14, 04:29 PM
thinkwell
Driver School Candidate

If I order an RC from the factory, can I order it the way I want it, or am I limited to the packages that Lexus offers in the U.S.? (Note: build page for the RC is now up: http://www.lexus.com/configurator/#/...=8980&group=RC)

For example, I don't want the LED Foglamps or the rear spoiler, but both are part of all four packages that Lexus offers for the RC.

Also, I want the dynamic radar cruise control but it is not available in any of the packages.

Again, I would be ordering the car from the factory.

Thanks!
I spoke with a dealer and they said that you can submit an order with only the options you want, but, it is ultimately up to Lexus whether or not they will actually make the car.

Unfortunately, all of the RC350s on the West Coast are currently being shipped with rear spoilers. Hopefully, they will start shipping some without the spoiler.
Old 11-16-14, 08:43 PM
pbm317
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Exact options may not be available to mix and match a la carte due to specific wiring harness variations, etc.
Old 11-17-14, 11:19 AM
keithkva
Driver School Candidate

I special ordered mine back in early September and it's coming in mid-December. Either way, you're stuck with the features offered in your country (i.e., no L headlights for USA and no all weather package on RWDs if you wanted it.) My salesperson was quite surprised because we figured it would be at least February before we saw it show up.
Old 11-18-14, 09:36 AM
Coriaty1
Driver School Candidate

Lexus dealer here, from Tom Wood Lexus in Indianapolis.

Essentially correct, once supply has been built up with standard build models (equipped the way most buyers will want them) the factory requests special orders. So 120 to 150 days is about right.
Order deadline each month is the 23rd here in the Midwest region, so orders placed before that should make it in the second months production ( ordered before the 23rd of November will be built in January usually. Once built it's about 30 days to the Midwest area.

Keep in mind it's not a Chinese menu option system, many items either cannot be put together or ordered separately and our internal builder will let us know when things can't be combined, etc.

Also, on pricing it is customary to buy special order cars at list msrp. Some dealers discount. Many people don't know dealers are allocated a certain number of cars each year, period. So we must give up a previously allocated car to order yours. It is not incremental business, just slower business!

Any other questions please feel free to ask!

Charles
Old 11-19-14, 07:15 AM
unc879wins
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I've got a question about how the NAV/ML is packaged on the website....

The Navigation System Package ($1530 MSRP) says that it includes Mark Levinson Premium Surround Sound Audio System.

Then right below in the "Recommended Combinations" it lists...

* NAVIGATION SYSTEM PACKAGE WITH MARK LEVINSON® 17-SPEAKER 835-WATT PREMIUM SURROUND AUDIO SYSTEM* $2,610 MSRP*

- what is the difference between the NAV/ML for $1530 MSRP and the NAV/ML for $2610 MSRP?

http://www.lexus.com/models/RC/packa...system-package
Old 11-19-14, 04:15 PM
ckelly14
Driver

The website is quite annoying and the ability to configure depends on zip code, which makes no sense. For example, I cannot configure a RC with Navigation and Luxury package here in Charleston, but I can in NJ. I wonder if someone could post an order form that lists all packages separately.?
Old 11-19-14, 07:38 PM
keithkva
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ckelly14
The website is quite annoying and the ability to configure depends on zip code, which makes no sense. For example, I cannot configure a RC with Navigation and Luxury package here in Charleston, but I can in NJ. I wonder if someone could post an order form that lists all packages separately.?
I had a copy at one time that I got from the dealership. Talk to a salesperson, they can give it to you. It'll have a list of everything and what it conflicts with. in a nutshell, you can't mix luxury + f sport and you can't get cold weather package on RWD cars. If you want rear steering you've got to order RWD f sport.

It's my understanding that the website is only going to display commonly ordered allocations for your area. As long as it doesn't have a conflict, you can order it from the factory.... just be prepared to wait. For example, in the DC area, most of the cars here don't come with ML and won't show up on the website, but you can still order it.

Quick Reply: Will Lexus order a car from the factory?