RC - 1st Gen (2015-present) Discussion about the new Lexus RC model

RC350 F-Sport just landed on Guam

Old 10-10-14, 10:54 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,058 Likes on 586 Posts
Thumbs up

WOW - Great Photos & Details Chuh...

I heard the RC line off happened not long ago.. Glad to see the first arrivals in Guam already..

What will the official name be in your region for the Orange Metallic ??

Molten Pearl, Solar Flare or Lava Orange

Paint Color Code: 4WT

~ Joe Z
Old 10-10-14, 10:55 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,058 Likes on 586 Posts
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by ChuH
Rear fender does not have any lips! No rolling needed.
Great observation on the Fenders....

Both Front & Rear will have the same flaw the 2014 / 2015 IS's have...

The sheet metal tappers inwards by a few degrees towards the tires...

~ Joe Z
Old 10-10-14, 01:17 PM
ChuH
Lexus Test Driver

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe Z
WOW - Great Photos & Details Chuh...

I heard the RC line off happened not long ago.. Glad to see the first arrivals in Guam already..

What will the official name be in your region for the Orange Metallic ??

Molten Pearl, Solar Flare or Lava Orange

Paint Color Code: 4WT

~ Joe Z
Sorry didn't check on the official name. No brochures arrived yet. Official launch is end of the month. We usually get the Lexus shipments 2 weeks before US mainland does. Color code should be the same. I actually like this orange color. It has some pearl flakes in the paint and looks quite nice. Personally I would not get it (too flashy).

Chu....
Old 10-10-14, 01:47 PM
ChuH
Lexus Test Driver

After playing and sitting inside the RC I feel Lexus did a few things I don't like. Haven't test driven the car yet. So following is my initial impression of things I feel while I check out the car in the show room. Not to initiate conflict this is my personal feeling only. I for one is looking forward to my purchase of a RC-F in February.

1) The infotainment screen is too small. It looks and felt cheap. I have a strong feeling this is going to change in future refresh.

2) Some of the plastic materials used felt cheap and not fit well in the design. The center console felt out of place like they simply took it from the IS and dump it there. Buttons on the center console doesn't feel as nice as my 2013 GS350 F-Sport.

3) Lexus should of included the HUD, automatic rain sensors, folding mirror (on some preproduction model it as an option for some asian and european models - may drop by the showroom to check it out again).

4) Car sits too high (wheel well gap too much). Why does all Lexus cars have so much gaps!

5) Don't like the two exposed cup holders. Would like a hide away cover.

6) A little more interior room would be nice. I know this is a sports coupe and not a luxury sedan.

7) There is something about the leather feel that I can't seem to pin point. I wonder if it is not real leather but NuLuxe. Have to wait for the brochures to see what material was used.

Sorry to sound like I am putting down the RC but I understand in order to keep the cost down for a starting based price of $43K something has to give.

Chu...

Last edited by ChuH; 10-10-14 at 01:51 PM.
Old 10-10-14, 02:11 PM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

RC is suppose to be a luxury GT coupe and be more comfortable not a low sportscar. Sounds like GSF is up your alley
Old 10-11-14, 01:16 PM
ChuH
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by 4TehNguyen
RC is suppose to be a luxury GT coupe and be more comfortable not a low sportscar. Sounds like GSF is up your alley
I think the GSF will be more than what I would like to spend. Always love coupes. Just felt disappointed that Lexus could of done better and hit a home run on it introduction.

Chu..
Old 10-11-14, 07:02 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by ChuH
After playing and sitting inside the RC I feel Lexus did a few things I don't like. Haven't test driven the car yet. So following is my initial impression of things I feel while I check out the car in the show room. Not to initiate conflict this is my personal feeling only. I for one is looking forward to my purchase of a RC-F in February.

1) The infotainment screen is too small. It looks and felt cheap. I have a strong feeling this is going to change in future refresh.

2) Some of the plastic materials used felt cheap and not fit well in the design. The center console felt out of place like they simply took it from the IS and dump it there. Buttons on the center console doesn't feel as nice as my 2013 GS350 F-Sport.

3) Lexus should of included the HUD, automatic rain sensors, folding mirror (on some preproduction model it as an option for some asian and european models - may drop by the showroom to check it out again).

4) Car sits too high (wheel well gap too much). Why does all Lexus cars have so much gaps!

5) Don't like the two exposed cup holders. Would like a hide away cover.

6) A little more interior room would be nice. I know this is a sports coupe and not a luxury sedan.

7) There is something about the leather feel that I can't seem to pin point. I wonder if it is not real leather but NuLuxe. Have to wait for the brochures to see what material was used.

Sorry to sound like I am putting down the RC but I understand in order to keep the cost down for a starting based price of $43K something has to give.

Chu...
Re: #7, I don't think the RC F Sport comes with leather seating, only NuLuxe. The RC-F is available with leather seating. So, what you were feeling was NuLuxe.
Old 10-12-14, 10:17 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,495 Likes on 1,799 Posts

I wouldn't expect the materials and switchgear to be as nice as they are in the GS, the RC is cheaper and built to a lower threshhold, think IS vs GS. The comparison I would be more interested in is the quality of materials in the RC vs the IS.
Old 10-12-14, 07:01 PM
jjscsix
Racer

Received 69 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by dseag2
Re: #7, I don't think the RC F Sport comes with leather seating, only NuLuxe. The RC-F is available with leather seating. So, what you were feeling was NuLuxe.
Leather is an option. Look at the various packages.