RC - 1st Gen (2015-present) Discussion about the new Lexus RC model

BREAKING - RC 350 pricing, specs and options

Old 09-04-14, 07:44 PM
DanTheMaan
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BREAKING - RC 350 pricing, specs and options

Lexus is pleased to announce pricing for the all-new, highly anticipated and exhilarating coupes - the MY15 RC 350 and RC F. The public announcement is scheduled for today at 11:00 pm Eastern Time (8:00 pm Pacific Time). The RC will go on sale starting in late October, with RC F sales following in early November. For Lexus Western Area, this timing will depend on actual wholesale availability and following an initial hard launch of one per Dealer.

Lexus also announces select vehicle MSRPs and product enhancements for MY15 GS and ES Series. The GS and ES public pricing announcement will coincide with RC and RC F. Please see below for a Lexus Price Summary of all available MY15 MSRPs.

RC 350

The RC 350 will launch with a base MSRP of $42,790* for RWD ($45,025 for AWD). This incredible pricing for our all-new coupe includes a host of standard and exciting new features both inside and out. It also places RC in a superior position against its comparable German competitors, such as the Mercedes-Benz C350 Coupe and the BMW 435i.

Competitive Set
MSRP
RC 350
$42,790
MB C350 Coupe
$44,050
BMW 435i
$46,100

At first glance, the RC clearly demonstrates its aggressive attitude. It features a new coupe body style that is built on a unique platform with a wide and low stance centered on providing the driving dynamics one would expect from a sporty coupe. Its bold face is accentuated by a new interpretation of the Lexus spindle grille and full LED headlamps and Daytime Running Lights. The aggressive styling flows throughout the body, including the standard 18” wheels, large side rocker panels and sculpted rear view. The 3.5L V6 with 306 hp delivers on its performance promise. The RC also comes standard with Drive Mode Select and paddle shifters to further enhance driver engagement.

The RC interior features a host of luxury appointments to further its appeal, which includes electrostatic temperature controls, dual zone air climate control, Display Audio, 10-speaker Lexus Premium Audio, backup monitor with dynamic gridlines, perforated NuLuxe sport seating, genuine wood trim, and ambient interior lighting. The racing-inspired seating position and more aggressively bolstered front seats also ensure driver confidence. Despite its coupe demeanor, RC also allows for versatility with its standard 60/40 split folding rear seat.

Drivers will further appreciate the advanced technology features in the RC, including the available Navigation system which debuts the new remote touchpad that operates much like a smartphone or tablet. All RCs will also come with a complimentary one-year subscription for the new Lexus Enform Remote system. Lexus Enform Remote enables the driver to remotely start the engine, lock and unlock doors, check the fuel level, find the vehicle’s location, and includes a guest driver monitor feature.

RC will offer an exciting F SPORT package available for both RWD and AWD models. The package offers a unique full-mesh grille and front bumper, unique 19” split 10-spoke wheels with wider tires, bolstered front sport seats with heating and ventilation, and F Sport-tuned suspension with AVS and Sport S+ drive mode. All F SPORT models will also feature the attention-grabbing center-mounted tachometer with moving bezel adopted directly from the LFA.

The new RC was designed and built to increase the appeal to the next generation of luxury drivers and bolster Lexus’ performance image. In both appearance and driving dynamics, the RC provides a sexy, fresh take on the coupe and is sure to make a competitive dent in the coupe segments.

RC Key Standard Features
• Premium perforated NuLuxe trim with contrast stitching on the instrument panel and seats
• Genuine wood trim
• Drive Mode Select with ECO, NORMAL and SPORT modes
• Electrostatic temperature controls and dual-zone climate control
• Display Audio with controller + Backup monitor with dynamic gridlines; the next generation Lexus Enform System (includes one-year trial subscription for Safety Connect and Lexus Enform Remote).
• Lexus Premium Sound System: 10-speakers, single CD, dual USB ports, Bluetooth phone and audio streaming, enhanced voice recognition, Siri Eyes Free, and subscription-free HD Traffic and Weather.
• Power Driver Seat (10-way) with lumbar and Power Passenger Seat (8-way)
• 60/40-split folding rear seat
• Paddle shifters
• 8-speed AT Transmission (RWD) /6-speed AT Transmission (AWD)
• Heated seats (AWD only)
• Frameless electrochromic rearview mirror
• LED Headlamps with independent LED Daytime Running Lights
• 18" Five-spoke wheels with all-season tires

Available Packages
Code
Description

PM
Premium Package
• Heated/Ventilated NuLuxe sport front seats
• Blind Spot Monitor with Rear Cross-Traffic Alert
$1240
RWD
$800
AWD
FJ
FK
F SPORT Package (requires SR)
• F SPORT front fascia and full mesh grille
• F SPORT fender badges
• F SPORT 19” split-ten spoke wheels (with All-Season or Summer tires)
• LFA-inspired gauges and instrumentation
• Heated/Ventilated NuLuxe sport front seats
• Silver performance trim + aluminum door trim
• Perforated leather steering wheel & shift ****
• Power tilt/telescopic steering column with driver seat memory
• Aluminum sport pedals
• Stainless steel doorsill scuff plates
• Black headliner
• F SPORT tuned suspension
• Sport-tuned Vehicle Dynamics Integrated Management (VDIM)
• Adaptive Variable Suspension (AVS) with Sport S+ drive mode
• Heated steering wheel (AWD only)
• Blind Spot Monitor with Rear Cross Traffic Alert
$3985
RWD
$3580 AWD

FP
Same as above (RWD only) (requires BD, conflicts with SR)
$3385
RWD
LL
Luxury Package (requires FT or FL, SR)
• Perforated leather trimmed interior
• Heated/ventilated front seats
• Electrochromic exterior mirrors with reverse tilt
• Rain-sensing wipers
• Driver seat memory
• Power tilt/telescopic steering wheel
• Blind Spot Monitor with Rear Cross Traffic Alert
$2990
RWD
$2700
AWD
CK
All Weather Package (AWD only)
• Color-keyed headlamp washers
• Windshield wiper deicer
• High-intensity interior heater
$220
AWD

Optional Equipment
Code
Description

NV
HDD Navigation System w/ High Resolution Screen includes customizable home screen, NEW touchpad remote-touch interface, 3D maps, predictive traffic, and the next generation Lexus Enform System (includes one-year trial subscription to Safety Connect, Destinations, App Suite and Remote).
$1530
NL
Navigation with Mark Levinson has all the features of optional Navigation plus a 17-speaker 835 watt Mark Levinsonฎ audio system
$2610
FG
LED Foglamps
$410
SR
Power tilt/slide Moonroof
$1100
FL
19” Wheel Package with All-season tires
$660
FT
19” Wheel Package with Summer tires
$795
PA
Intuitive Park Assist
$500
BD
Blind Spot Monitor with Rear Cross Traffic Alert
$600
PS
Pre-Collision System w/ Dynamic Radar Cruise Control
$500
VG
Variable Gear Ratio Steering (VGRS) with Dynamic Rear-wheel Steering (DRS) system (RWD F SPORT only)
$1900
PC
Infrared and Ultrasonic Blue Mica 2.0 Exterior Color
$595
Old 09-04-14, 09:21 PM
Mr. Burns
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hoping for a smaller engine version under the 350.
Old 09-04-14, 10:10 PM
mso4
Pole Position

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Zero to 60 in 5.8, isn't that slower than the GS?

I was hoping it's faster than that cuz now I probably can't even keep up with an Accord V6.
Old 09-04-14, 11:06 PM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Burns
I think RC is to heavy for anything else. RC 250 wouldn't cut it. 0-60 would be like 8s
Old 09-05-14, 12:36 AM
TruPlaya26
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Any word yet on RCF pricing?
Old 09-05-14, 01:08 AM
mikha619
Driver

Received 32 Likes on 18 Posts

Rcf starts at 63k
Originally Posted by TruPlaya26
Any word yet on RCF pricing?
Old 09-05-14, 02:18 AM
Vladi
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

So no Premium LED headlights for US. I guess we will have to wait for few MY package updates to get those just like with F-Sport on 450h.
Old 09-05-14, 04:23 PM
Nights
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Mr. Burns
Well there's the RC300h in non US markets. And you can expect a RC200t probably as a 2016 model.
Old 09-05-14, 06:48 PM
Diesel350
Lexus Champion

Received 74 Likes on 56 Posts

So basically same power, heavier, and slower than the sedan and with options can easily get close to $60k. Um no thanks
Old 09-06-14, 08:53 PM
KS13
Driver

Originally Posted by Diesel350
So basically same power, heavier, and slower than the sedan and with options can easily get close to $60k. Um no thanks
I agree. I don't see the advantage of the RC350 compared to IS350 and GS350 since the engine is identical (with same horsepower output), at a premium price. Unless someone wants only 2 doors, I don't think sales of the RC350 will be amazing.
Old 09-06-14, 11:23 PM
RoiteTrom
Pole Position

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by KS13
I agree. I don't see the advantage of the RC350 compared to IS350 and GS350 since the engine is identical (with same horsepower output), at a premium price. Unless someone wants only 2 doors, I don't think sales of the RC350 will be amazing.
Right now, the only pros I can think of buying the RC 350 over the IS 350 is:

-The rear of the RC350 might attract more customers over the IS
- Lexus Dynamic Handling may make the RC more agile then the IS
-Most of the time coupes look better, so it will be more expensive even if the engines are the same
-Mouse pad control may be more efficient then the remote puck, and it's placed in a better position where your arm won't block the cup holders.
-Packaging on the RC is more lenient then the IS (I think).
Old 09-07-14, 06:50 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

The average consumer will pay a higher price for a coupe because they are more stylish, rarer and more "niche" than a sedan. Most people need sedans to haul more than one other person so that keeps coupe sales pretty low.
Old 09-08-14, 07:27 AM
rparkzy
Driver

Infrared and Ultrasonic Blue Mica 2.0 Exterior Color
$595

USB...
Hell yeah.
Old 09-08-14, 10:08 AM
pdubb
Driver School Candidate

Price is just so disappointing though. And Slower than the 3IS F Sport.

I got my 2012 Audi S5 V8 with Sports Differential, Drive Select, Bang & Olufsen, rear camera, etc. Basically all the options for 58k. Brand New.

Crazy how this will be the same price with options and be incredibly weak in the engine department.

Good luck to Lexus.
Old 09-08-14, 08:08 PM
jasonr
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Same engine since 2006... WTH Lexus. So disappointed. 8 years and no progress on the main component of the vehicle.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: BREAKING - RC 350 pricing, specs and options