Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > RC Models > RC - First Generation
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Any guess on pricing of the RC?

Old 03-13-14, 12:28 PM   #31
Coupe2015
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)

spwolf, you seem to be suggesting that the AWD version of the RC will not be available with the V6 and will only be available with the new 2.0t when it becomes available at a later date. Can you provide some background on this? The IS was available with V6 and AWD from launch, wondering why the RC would be different. And if you have any thoughts on 8-speed transmission availability with AWD that would be appreciated. The current 6-speed available in the IS would likely be a deal breaker for me. No manual and no 8-speed would be hard to take. It would tell me Lexus is not serious about competing in the AWD coupe space against Audi and BMW.
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!

Last edited by Coupe2015; 03-13-14 at 01:12 PM..
Coupe2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-14, 05:15 PM   #32
spwolf
Lexus Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coupe2015 View Post
spwolf, you seem to be suggesting that the AWD version of the RC will not be available with the V6 and will only be available with the new 2.0t when it becomes available at a later date. Can you provide some background on this? The IS was available with V6 and AWD from launch, wondering why the RC would be different. And if you have any thoughts on 8-speed transmission availability with AWD that would be appreciated. The current 6-speed available in the IS would likely be a deal breaker for me. No manual and no 8-speed would be hard to take. It would tell me Lexus is not serious about competing in the AWD coupe space against Audi and BMW.
i am not suggesting that at all... but if you want 8AT and good mpg with AWD, you will likely have to go 2.0t.

I dont see why would they provide 8AT on RC and not on IS or GS... or rather - if they wanted to provide 8AT on their AWD V6, they would have already.
Old 03-15-14, 07:52 PM   #33
gti5notrkt
Driver School Candidate

Current 8AT transmission cannot be used for AWD, its a RWD configuration only. Any V6 or I4T transmission for the RC350 will be a 6AT.
gti5notrkt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-14, 07:52 PM