RC - 1st Gen (2015-present) Discussion about the new Lexus RC model

Any guess on pricing of the RC?

Old 03-05-14, 07:49 AM
Bearcat
Lead Lap

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Is F-Sport Plus a definite in the U.S.? or possibly just in other areas around the globe? I was looking at an IS F-Sport and in Canada you could get an Executive F-Sport with all the bells and whistles, but not in the U.S. If the RC is available in this new package, maybe the IS will be too in 15.
Old 03-05-14, 08:07 AM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,602 Likes on 1,020 Posts

Originally Posted by Bearcat
Is F-Sport Plus a definite in the U.S.? or possibly just in other areas around the globe? I was looking at an IS F-Sport and in Canada you could get an Executive F-Sport with all the bells and whistles, but not in the U.S. If the RC is available in this new package, maybe the IS will be too in 15.
What does the IS F Sport Executive add in Canada that is not available on the F Sports in the US?

My assumption is that the packages on the RC will be set up similar to what they are on the IS. It'll be interesting to see what their final decisions are.
Old 03-05-14, 01:03 PM
Bearcat
Lead Lap

Gives you...

Dynamic Radar CC
PreCollision System
Blind Spot Monitor
Heated Steering Wheel
Rear Cross Traffic Alert
Old 03-05-14, 01:09 PM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

here in US, Blind Spot Monitor and Rear Cross Traffic are a separate option as F Sport but most are ordered with it anyways
Old 03-05-14, 01:28 PM
Bearcat
Lead Lap

Who's knows what the F Sport Plus will have...maybe that new and latest option everyone has been talking about...memory drivers seat.
Old 03-05-14, 01:29 PM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,602 Likes on 1,020 Posts

Originally Posted by Bearcat
Gives you...

Dynamic Radar CC
PreCollision System
Blind Spot Monitor
Heated Steering Wheel
Rear Cross Traffic Alert
Though packaged separately, Dynamic Radar Cruise Control, PCS, BSM, and Cross Traffic Alert are all available on US Spec F Sports, so really the only thing you can get on a Canadian F Sport but not on a US F Sport is the heated steering wheel?
Old 03-05-14, 01:55 PM
Bearcat
Lead Lap

Hmmm, maybe so....
Attached Thumbnails Any guess on pricing of the RC?-screen-shot-2014-03-05-at-3.54.06-pm.jpg  
Old 03-06-14, 06:45 AM
Jake
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

From what I was told F-Sport Plus regards the US market only. I can't remember all of the "extras" it offered, but it focuses on the "sport" side not the "luxury" side of the equation. I didn't want to promise anyone here options. So I just left it at "F-Sport Plus." It MAY come with: LDH, DRS, AVS, PCS, ML and ventilated seat option (but I'm not sure/don't hold me to it.) Again, I wouldn't expect a large all inclusive "Luxury + F-Sport package," namely F-Sport Plus. I KNOW it comes with: "Premium LED Headlights, BSM, and VGRS" The Regular F-Sport has the standard LED headlights. Just to clarify, the RC models we have seen in pictures have all shown the Premium LED Headlights which feature the L low beam. (see link for picture of standard LED headlight http://www.autoblog.com/photos/2015-...photo-1577704/) Also, there will be three new F-Sport exclusive colors: Orange, Flame Blue (quite similar to USB), and White Nova.

Last edited by Jake; 03-06-14 at 06:58 AM.
Old 03-06-14, 11:03 AM
Diesel350
Lexus Champion

Received 74 Likes on 56 Posts

Hopefully it will be more price competitive than the 435i. Base MSRP on a 435i is $46k. Add the M Sport package and your at $50.5k. If you add all the options you possibly can including 19" wheels, cold weather package, dynamic handling package, drivers assistance package, lighting package, technology package, harmin Kardon, M Sport brakes then your maxing out at $64.7k
Old 03-06-14, 01:00 PM
RNM GS3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 59 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Jake
From what I was told F-Sport Plus regards the US market only. I can't remember all of the "extras" it offered, but it focuses on the "sport" side not the "luxury" side of the equation. I didn't want to promise anyone here options. So I just left it at "F-Sport Plus." It MAY come with: LDH, DRS, AVS, PCS, ML and ventilated seat option (but I'm not sure/don't hold me to it.) Again, I wouldn't expect a large all inclusive "Luxury + F-Sport package," namely F-Sport Plus. I KNOW it comes with: "Premium LED Headlights, BSM, and VGRS" The Regular F-Sport has the standard LED headlights. Just to clarify, the RC models we have seen in pictures have all shown the Premium LED Headlights which feature the L low beam. (see link for picture of standard LED headlight http://www.autoblog.com/photos/2015-...photo-1577704/) Also, there will be three new F-Sport exclusive colors: Orange, Flame Blue (quite similar to USB), and White Nova.
Thanks for the info!
Old 03-08-14, 11:08 PM
zhawks
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi everyone. For my first post I wanted to ask: What are the odds Lexus will announce more official information next month at the New York or Beijing auto shows or some time after that? I'm hoping to finalize my plan for if or when my Golf R finally decides if it's going to be a lemon or not. I don't want to deal more rear diff problems. Willing to give up a manual for some piece of mind.

Cheers!
Old 03-09-14, 10:15 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 102 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by zhawks
Hi everyone. For my first post I wanted to ask: What are the odds Lexus will announce more official information next month at the New York or Beijing auto shows or some time after that? I'm hoping to finalize my plan for if or when my Golf R finally decides if it's going to be a lemon or not. I don't want to deal more rear diff problems. Willing to give up a manual for some piece of mind.

Cheers!
what info are you looking for?
Old 03-10-14, 05:53 AM
Bearcat
Lead Lap

Anyone know when we should expect to see prices/packages availability? Would that be around August?
Old 03-10-14, 05:01 PM
zhawks
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by spwolf
what info are you looking for?
Mainly if AWD will be available at launch, a final options list for F-sport packages would be nice and if the AWD models will get something besides the 6-speed automatic that the IS currently has. I'd get better gas mileage with a manual. As far as price goes, I'm assuming a 5% premium over a comparably equipped IS (give-or-take). If there are no clear upgrades or advantages (for me), I'll probably save a little money and get the IS or see what the 2015 Acura TLX offers once they reveal the official production version next month in New York.
Old 03-12-14, 06:11 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 102 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by zhawks
Mainly if AWD will be available at launch, a final options list for F-sport packages would be nice and if the AWD models will get something besides the 6-speed automatic that the IS currently has. I'd get better gas mileage with a manual. As far as price goes, I'm assuming a 5% premium over a comparably equipped IS (give-or-take). If there are no clear upgrades or advantages (for me), I'll probably save a little money and get the IS or see what the 2015 Acura TLX offers once they reveal the official production version next month in New York.
Pricing looks to be at least 10% over 3IS.
2.0t is not going to be launch engine, but seems to be few months later at least. So AWD info will wait for that.

Final pricing and equipment will not be available up until 30 days before release, it never is any sooner.

You will certainly be saving money with 3IS and TLX.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Any guess on pricing of the RC?