Received 87 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
Thanks for the Hi-Res bottom pic RC. New wallpaper
Same here.
Old 12-14-13, 02:48 PM
eoph
Pit Crew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i actually hope there's not 2.0t for the rc, make the base engine the 3.5 and go a bit more upmarket with it
Old 12-14-13, 03:42 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 110 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe Z
With NO talks of an RC250 for USA, I'm very confident the replacement will be RC200t for this market..

The goal is to phase out the 250 motor all together..
that makes sense so lets see what happens... i was also thinking that it could be possible for 2.0t and 3.5l V6 production price to be similar enough for Lexus to have only one model available in USA, together with RC-F.

Or that might lead simply for 2.0t to be introduced in NA few months later until more expensive V6 sells nice numbers.
Old 12-14-13, 05:41 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by spwolf
that makes sense so lets see what happens... i was also thinking that it could be possible for 2.0t and 3.5l V6 production price to be similar enough for Lexus to have only one model available in USA, together with RC-F.

Or that might lead simply for 2.0t to be introduced in NA few months later until more expensive V6 sells nice numbers.
When I last spoke to someone on the product council two months ago that is what I heard
Old 12-14-13, 07:54 PM
yowps3
Lexus Test Driver

I wonder what actually costs more to products a Turbo 4-cyl or a N/A V6? With the turbo setup you save on pistons, valves, cams etc
But you gain on the turbocharger, extra plumbing/piping and the intercooler
Old 12-14-13, 08:29 PM
natnut
Pole Position

Received 87 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe Z

I'm not talking about engine specs and performance here but about external design: purely from looks alone, the Lexus RC doesn't look like it competes against 4 series/A5/C-Coupe but against exotic supercars.

Hard to believe this is the car that is Lexus chose to put in the ENTRY-level luxury coupe segment.

The other German competitors just look like their sedan counterparts with 2 doors chopped off and you can easily tell their sedan roots from design cues. Someone with no knowledge of the RC's platform sharing with the IS/GS sedan would think that this was a car designed from ground up as a pure 2 door sports car.
Old 12-14-13, 08:37 PM
cino
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by natnut
I'm not talking about engine specs and performance here but about external design: purely from looks alone, the Lexus RC doesn't look like it competes against 4 series/A5/C-Coupe but against exotic supercars.

Hard to believe this is the car that is Lexus chose to put in the ENTRY-level luxury coupe segment.

The other German competitors just look like their sedan counterparts with 2 doors chopped off and you can easily tell their sedan roots from design cues. Someone with no knowledge of the RC's platform sharing with the IS/GS sedan would think that this was a car designed from ground up as a pure 2 door sports car.
Not really exotic supercars, but GT supercars.
Old 12-14-13, 08:51 PM
dmvp29
Lead Lap

Yeah let's not get too carried away now

Honestly it looks like it might compete with the likes of a BMW 6 series or Maserati Granturismo.

Obviously it doesn't actually compete with either because the performance is not there, but it looks like it could.
Old 12-15-13, 10:23 AM
unc879wins
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

That looks like an USB "F" to me. Hope USB makes it into the USA F-Sport line.
Old 12-15-13, 02:23 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 110 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by dmvp29
Yeah let's not get too carried away now

Honestly it looks like it might compete with the likes of a BMW 6 series or Maserati Granturismo.

Obviously it doesn't actually compete with either because the performance is not there, but it looks like it could.
what performance though? I think it looks more luxurious, premium, unique compared to 4 series... similar to S5 when it came out (or any A5 with agressive S line package).

6 series looks like a whale, while it performs surprisingly well considering 5 series and its weight, performance wise its should have nothing on smaller car like RC.

Lexus really did manage to make RC look pretty darn good and unique/luxurious.
Old 12-15-13, 03:26 PM
Brent72
Rookie

While I don't think the RC looks like something that would compete against exotics(Ferrari, Lambo, McLaren, Aston, etc) I do agree with you that it blows away coupes like the 4-series, A5, C-Class, CTS, etc. I think this is the best looking design to come from Lexus in years and I'm anxious to see if the production model is unveiled next month in Detroit and if so, how it will differ from what we've seen so far.
Old 12-15-13, 03:34 PM
cino
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Brent72
While I don't think the RC looks like something that would compete against exotics(Ferrari, Lambo, McLaren, Aston, etc) I do agree with you that it blows away coupes like the 4-series, A5, C-Class, CTS, etc. I think this is the best looking design to come from Lexus in years and I'm anxious to see if the production model is unveiled next month in Detroit and if so, how it will differ from what we've seen so far.
Competing against Ferrari, and Aston you mean. Lambo and McLaren don't have a GT car. RC350 will not compete with those cars, but like Corvette Z06, the high performance RC-F will.
Old 12-15-13, 05:19 PM
Vladi
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by cino
Competing against Ferrari, and Aston you mean. Lambo and McLaren don't have a GT car. RC350 will not compete with those cars, but like Corvette Z06, the high performance RC-F will.
C7 is sports car not a gt coupe. RC is a smart product and Lexus wants to capitalize on it cause it's their only two door so they kind of have broaden up the spectrum of potential competition such are 4, 6, E-Coupe, A5, XK, GranTurismo, DB9.
Old 12-15-13, 05:35 PM
cino
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Vladi
C7 is sports car not a gt coupe. RC is a smart product and Lexus wants to capitalize on it cause it's their only two door so they kind of have broaden up the spectrum of potential competition such are 4, 6, E-Coupe, A5, XK, GranTurismo, DB9.
True that C7 is a serious sportcar, but because it has the same layout as any Aston and F12, it somewhere compete against those car. The performance of C7 just put the car up there with the top dogs. High performance RC-F will compete with the higher priced car as well as the similarly price ones.

Quick Reply: Official Lexus RC thread