RC - 1st Gen (2015-present) Discussion about the new Lexus RC model

Official Lexus RC thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-13, 02:36 AM
UpSideDown
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Changed the red to Ultra Sonic Blue. Looks pretty good!

Official Lexus RC thread-lexus_rc_004.jpg
Old 11-06-13, 02:50 AM
DOC4LEX
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This Lexus Coupe is absolutely outstanding i have been waiting for a well priced Lexus coupe for 7 years now.
Only thing left now is wait for the F-sport version in a different colour hopefully at Tokyo motor show in 14 days from now.
Old 11-06-13, 03:39 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 161 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by DOC4LEX
This Lexus Coupe is absolutely outstanding i have been waiting for a well priced Lexus coupe for 7 years now.
Only thing left now is wait for the F-sport version in a different colour hopefully at Tokyo motor show in 14 days from now.
indeed... i want RC300h F-Sport badly... just hoping that two kids can fit in the back... I hope it has similar space as 2IS in the back and big trunk. That would make it perfect.
Old 11-06-13, 04:02 AM
GS69
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Exclamation Fashion!

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
also, what's the strap on the top of the seat for?
Old 11-06-13, 05:55 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,501 Likes on 1,644 Posts

Originally Posted by asoksevil
2015 Lexus RC First Look
in future, please provide a link to the article you quoted. thank you. i added one there after searching for it.
Old 11-06-13, 08:00 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,761 Likes on 1,972 Posts

Originally Posted by Ice350
I have waited so long for a coupe to make me not even look at BMW's or Audi. I like the RC coupe but not as much as I could. The car looks a little awkward. I'm sure it will grow on me but I'm tired of Lexus models that have to grow on me. I want it to smack me right off.
Funny, this is the first Lexus model I've seen in a long time that doesn't need to grow on me...
Old 11-06-13, 08:03 AM
ydooby
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hmm is that a surround-view camera that I see under the side mirror? About time for Lexus to add the feature!

BTW the car has grown on me completely already, even the wide grille opening and vertical slats that I initially disliked! Well done Lexus!
Old 11-06-13, 08:05 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,761 Likes on 1,972 Posts

Originally Posted by ydooby
Hmm is that a surround-view camera that I see under the side mirror? About time for Lexus to add the feature!
No, thats the puddle lamp unfortunately. I have the same lamp under the same mirror on my GS.
Old 11-06-13, 08:34 AM
natnut
Pole Position

Received 88 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by SW13GS
Originally Posted by Ice350
I have waited so long for a coupe to make me not even look at BMW's or Audi. I like the RC coupe but not as much as I could. The car looks a little awkward. I'm sure it will grow on me but I'm tired of Lexus models that have to grow on me. I want it to smack me right off.
Funny, this is the first Lexus model I've seen in a long time that doesn't need to grow on me...
Same here. This is the first Lexus since my 2004 2nd Gen GS where it was love at first sight.
Old 11-06-13, 08:46 AM
GS3Tek
Forum Moderator

Received 168 Likes on 127 Posts
Thumbs up

My first mod will be the MEMBERS ONLY tag, right on the buckle

Originally Posted by SW13GS
Originally Posted by natnut
Same here. This is the first Lexus since my 2004 2nd Gen GS where it was love at first sight.
Same here with my 99 GS300.

I would love to see what the RC F or F sport would look like, but this is just perfect
Old 11-06-13, 09:34 AM
Vladi
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Question on everyone's mind is "Will they bring RC300h to US or will they just feed us with same ol' 2.5V6 again?"

They missed out big on not brining IS300h. IS sales numbers would have been insane if it had 3 powertrain options.
Old 11-06-13, 09:54 AM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Lexus RC Coupe to Introduce Next-Generation Remote Touch Controller

Looking over the photo of the Lexus RC interior, it shows a design very similar to the third-generation IS — in fact, the only noticeable difference is the new Remote Touch controller:

As seen in previous spy photos, the earlier mouse-like puck has been replaced with a touchscreen divided into four quadrants, with the HOME, MENUS & UP/DOWN buttons carried over.

There’s no mention in the press release how the new Remote Touch touchscreen might work, but I’m expecting a dramatic improvement over the previous controller — considering how important these infotainment interfaces have become to consumers, this update could be very important for Lexus in the years to come.

http://lexusenthusiast.com/2013/11/0...ch-controller/
Old 11-06-13, 09:55 AM
Hoovey689
Forum Moderator

Received 126 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by Vladi
Question on everyone's mind is "Will they bring RC300h to US or will they just feed us with same ol' 2.5V6 again?"

They missed out big on not brining IS300h. IS sales numbers would have been insane if it had 3 powertrain options.
I don't think you'll see the 2.5L V6 anymore. RC350 and RC-F, and some base turbo eventually
Old 11-06-13, 10:00 AM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Default 2015 Lexus RC First Look

Lexus subtracts some doors, adds some sexy

If you believe – before seeing the 2015 Lexus RC – that Lexus lacks excitement in their lineup of hybrids and SUVs, then Junichi Furuyama, chief engineer of some of the Toyota’s luxury division’s most important projects, is right there with you.

The fact that the average Lexus customer is about ten years older than say, Audi’s, is not lost on the man behind the new IS. While all manufacturers are banging their heads on whiteboards hoping an idea that appeals to younger buyers rattles out, Furuyama has a pretty simple solution to sex up the big L: a really good-looking Coupe.

“Of the entire Lexus lineup” Furuyama tells me, “there are only two models in the sporty and specialty segment. The IS-F and the IS-C.” The IS-F is a fine example in the classic American practice of sticking a big burly V8 in a car it was not necessarily intended for. As well as this formula works in the IS-F it isn’t necessarily a sports car from the ground up. The IS-C is sexy only in that it catches your attention the same way a bawdy blonde on the beach does -- by going topless. So to fill this hole in the lineup, Lexus developed a coupe designed to be a coupe from the beginning.

The 2015 RC is unmistakably a Lexus. Look no further than the family-staple Spindle Grille that stretches even further and more taught across the low, wide nose. The radical, detached Nike Swoosh/Fish-Hook LED DRLs from the new IS still sit separated by a hunk of the bumper below the primary projector housing. The new LED headlights comprise three ‘L’s for the low beam – a design element that, according to one designer, Lexus has been trying to incorporate for a while.

Beyond the love-it or loathe-it Predator grille everyone by now at least expects, and relatively busy headlight design, the RC is refreshingly restrained from the front fender flare on back. This is, of course, in comparison to extreme examples like the LF-LC or LF-NX concepts Lexus has introduced recently. One editor points out if you cover the nose of the car with your hand (go ahead, give it shot); the profile is barely indistinguishable from the Honda Accord Coupe, for better or worse.

Moving inside the sleek, two-door body, anyone that has spent some time with the contemporary Lexus line will feel right at home. Though they’ve been rearranged a bit, all the familiar switchgear is neatly laid about the cabin. The shifter from a GS sits aside the drive-mode select wheel and below them is the touch-pad that replaces the mouse-like control toggle introduced on the LFA.

This particular concept is fitted with the same “Integrated Foaming” seats found in the new IS Sport models. It’s a process Lexus recently adopted that ultimately involves placing the seat covers inside a mold to be filled, rather than molding the filling then placing the cover over it. This allows for more complicated seat designs and shapes in the cushioning otherwise not possible. Two rear buckets are suitable for smaller occupants or short rides. This may be just enough for the singles and couples in their 30s and 40s Furuyama says the RC targets.

So what’s on the docket to propel the potential four passengers in Lexus’ new Sport Coupe? The RC350 badging in these pictures is a good indication the tried and true 3.5-liter V6 will be a popular choice. A 2.5-liter Hybrid powertrain will also be available. When asked if it will be a performance-oriented hybrid system a la the Infiniti or Acura units, Furuyama said “The Hybrid system for this car is going to be the same as the Lexus Hybrid Drive System found on the IS”. So anticipate something closer to Camry Hybrid efficiency than NSX like acceleration.

Speaking of the IS, in asking Furuyama why Lexus wouldn’t use the brand awareness of their most popular sedan and just call this the IS-Coupe, he explained, “One thing I want to emphasize, the aim of introducing this new model RC is to add a new level of excitement to the existing Lexus lineup. This is not an IS Coupe, it is the RC, a new coupe in its own right. It is an independent model. It’s not a deviated version of the IS so it has its own unique styling and its own unique performance.” See what else Furuyama has to say about the RC when the car is officially unveiled at the Tokyo Motor Show later this month.
http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...2015_lexus_rc/
Old 11-06-13, 10:01 AM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Default Lexus RC Convertible rendered for your pleasure

Now we have been treated to the first photos of the new Lexus RC Coupe, speculation and imagination can hit full swing on a convertible variant. This new rendering has been complete by artist Theophilus Chin and gives a first look at what the model could look like.

Would Lexus go with a hard-top or soft-top? Theophilus has stated his preference for the fabric option which would certainly assist the model with its performance figures but it isn't as practical as the heavier hard-top option.

Should Lexus decide to build an open-top variant, we would expect it to inherit the same engine options employed by its sibling. This would include a range topping V6 3.5-liter gasoline engine and a hybrid option that consists of an electric motor and a 2.5-liter engine.

If we are really lucky, we could also be treated to a hardcore RC F Convertible. Rumors have stated a powerful 5.0-liter V8 is set to be employed with output rated at around 455 bhp (339 kW) and 543 Nm (401 lb-ft) of torque.

The Lexus RC Convertible ticks all the right boxes as far as WCF staffers are concerned. Do you agree? Let us know below.
http://www.worldcarfans.com/11311056...-your-pleasure

Quick Reply: Official Lexus RC thread