RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Using Toyota Techstream for the RCF

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-15, 09:25 PM
aWorkOfArt
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Using Toyota Techstream for the RCF

Hey there fellas! Just wondering if anyone on here has had an opportunity to use Techstream on their RCF specifically to reprogram a new set of TPMS sensors?

I get to the point of entering the new ID codes and then I get an error "Terminate initialization by connecting TC and CG of the DLC3 for 30 seconds. Then try the registration procedure again."

The only thing i can find on the net about this is using a jumper wire from pin 13 (TC) to pin 4(CG) on the DLC3 (OBD-II). Heres a PDF I found:
http://www.toyotapart.com/TIRE_PRESS...SB-0084-09.pdf

I tried jumping the wire, but to no avail, I get the same error message.... anyone else have any successful experience with this, please help me out. Thanks in advance fellas!

- Art
Old 11-19-15, 10:39 AM
TigerAC3
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will be doing this within a week when I put on my winter tires. I'll let you know how it goes. What version of Techstream are you using?
Old 11-19-15, 01:39 PM
aWorkOfArt
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Sorry I guess I never updated this thread. I don't recall what version of techstream I was using, but I can tell you that I got it work successfully. I kept getting the error message because I blew a fuse when I tried jumping the wire the first time. Replaced the fuse and it works just fine with no issues at all. GL bro!
Old 11-19-15, 05:29 PM
JCtx
Racer

Received 63 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by aWorkOfArt
Techstream on their RCF specifically to reprogram a new set of TPMS sensors?
May I ask what is that? An app you use with one of those BT OBD-II devices, like Carista? If a Toyota dealer computer, how did you get it? What else can it do? Is it expensive? Curious about the details. It might be cheaper than buying a special TPMS wireless tool, since there're many different ones. Thanks.
Old 11-19-15, 07:21 PM
TigerAC3
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You can buy a J2534 cable for ~$19 on Amazon that comes with the Techstream software. Doing some additional searching on Techstream there are many write ups on it.

Easiest to get it working on a laptop running 32 bit Windows.
Old 11-20-15, 02:59 PM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Received 1,362 Likes on 621 Posts

Hey there fellas! Just wondering if anyone on here has had an opportunity to use Techstream on their RCF specifically to reprogram a new set of TPMS sensors?

I get to the point of entering the new ID codes and then I get an error "Terminate initialization by connecting TC and CG of the DLC3 for 30 seconds. Then try the registration procedure again."

The only thing i can find on the net about this is using a jumper wire from pin 13 (TC) to pin 4(CG) on the DLC3 (OBD-II). Heres a PDF I found:
http://www.toyotapart.com/TIRE_PRESS...SB-0084-09.pdf

I tried jumping the wire, but to no avail, I get the same error message.... anyone else have any successful experience with this, please help me out. Thanks in advance fellas!

- Art
I cannot comment specifically on the RCF because I did not try to program TPMS with Techstream... but on the ISF, I was unable to program TPMS with the cheapo cable for $20. Eventually had to buy the Mongoose Techstream approved cable (I think its $400).

-Rafi
Email: Contact@RR-Racing.com
Phone: 484-756-1777
Facebook : Youtube

Old 04-02-17, 03:13 PM
no1SomeGuy
Advanced

Received 91 Likes on 69 Posts

Sorry I guess I never updated this thread. I don't recall what version of techstream I was using, but I can tell you that I got it work successfully. I kept getting the error message because I blew a fuse when I tried jumping the wire the first time. Replaced the fuse and it works just fine with no issues at all. GL bro!
Which fuse?

I'm getting this same problem and haven't had any luck fixing it.
Old 04-02-17, 06:48 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,842 Likes on 2,330 Posts

Originally Posted by RRRacing
I cannot comment specifically on the RCF because I did not try to program TPMS with Techstream... but on the ISF, I was unable to program TPMS with the cheapo cable for $20. Eventually had to buy the Mongoose Techstream approved cable (I think its $400).

-Rafi
Mongoose comes in a few different flavors. Pretty close to $500 for the basic, and about $675 for the BT enabled one. I need one. The cheap cable doesn't work, even with a legal version of Techstream because the drivers don't support the later model vehicles. AMHIK. Kind of a pisser to spend $1k for the diagnostic technician subscription and then have to buy the better (expensive) cable to get all the features to work.