RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Anyone in the used RC-F market?

Old 05-17-15, 07:12 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

some used deals on autotrader. Some 73k MSRP builds going for 66k with barely any miles
Old 05-17-15, 07:14 AM
Kenthy
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Totally agreed!!!
Old 05-17-15, 07:18 AM
Kenthy
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Life is short. At the end if the day, buy what makes you smile and stop trying to left brain a right brain purchase . . . and sitting around waiting for prices to drop to save $ 50 bucks on a $1,000 note??? Just buy the car already if that is what you want.[/QUOTE]
Old 05-17-15, 04:29 PM
ISF001
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Kenthy
Life is short. At the end if the day, buy what makes you smile and stop trying to left brain a right brain purchase . . . and sitting around waiting for prices to drop to save $ 50 bucks on a $1,000 note??? Just buy the car already if that is what you want.
[/QUOTE]

^^^^This...buy the car if it's what you want.
Old 05-17-15, 06:26 PM
MisterSkiz
Racer

Received 90 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by DougHII
Lol, does he drive with both kids in the back seat every time he takes the car out? Does wife have a car with a back seat? Completely doable for some that truly want a sports car as their daily and have a spouse with back up. Others are more practical which is totally cool also.

Small back seat for a coupe??? I'd say its CAVERNOUS to the back seats my 18 and 19 year old daughters grew up riding.

I, however, agree, its all about priorities. If driving a sports car is a priority or sporty coupe is calling your name, RCF is completely doable with kids.

I just took a 4 hour road trip with wife, 3 1/2 year old in a car seat and dog in mine.

If someone is cool with a sedan with a big motor, then heck yeah . . . wait for GSF. GSF would be a big compromise to me, but may be very little compromise to others.
Holy smokes! An 18, 19 year old and a 3 1/2 year old? Bet that is taking some getting used to again!
Old 05-18-15, 09:06 AM
DougHII
Lexus Test Driver

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by MisterSkiz
Holy smokes! An 18, 19 year old and a 3 1/2 year old? Bet that is taking some getting used to again!
Parenting is completely different this time around at 48. Keeps me feeling young. I did say I was done, ready to travel and etc., before meeting my current wife. Hard to tell younger wife no to kids . . . Turned out to be the best thing that ever happened to me. I could not imagine life without Olivia.

Here are pictures of all 3 on a rare occasion to have them all in the same place.
Attached Thumbnails Anyone in the used RC-F market?-girls.jpg  
Old 05-18-15, 10:49 AM
djpeakSD
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Lot of recent deliveries to the dealers. I know they were scarce to non-existent here just 2 weeks ago. Looks like one dealer has 2 and the other 4.

How old are your children. The big seat is actually pretty roomy for a coupe. We have a pretty thick car seat for our 3 /12 year old and she has plenty of room. I raised my 2 older girls in back seats much smaller . . .
They are 3 and 5, so they both still have full child seats.
Old 05-18-15, 01:04 PM
DougHII
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by djpeakSD
They are 3 and 5, so they both still have full child seats.
Great ages!
Old 05-18-15, 04:18 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

The word "primary" denotes more than one car available. Perhaps use the words "only" or "sole" if you really think this guy was a single dad with access to no other cars and before taking a jab at my reading ability.

Lol at you comparison of an SC430 back seat. That car is tiny and has no usable back seat or is not comparable to an RC F back seat. Besides, that car is not very attractive and not in same league or markets as RC F. I can say without any equivocation that those of us former German sports car loyalist lured by the RC F would not even consider an SC 430 purchase in lieu of a 911, M series or RS5.

Drive what makes you happy. Me driving a 993tt, several 996tts and a 997tt since 1998 made me and both of my older daughters happy born in 94 and 95. Both became Porsche fanatics and one now races a Porsche in GTS2 and races Formula Mazda so stuffing them in small back seat appears to have no lasting ill effects.

The RCF is an answer to the 911 with a bigger back seat. Hats off the Lexus for making that happen!
my comparison on sc430 had nothing to do with performance, but more to do with the fact that space can be a subjective comparison. you think the sc430 backseat is nill (which i agree) but some don't. you think the rcf backseat is very spacious (which i don't agree) but some don't.

i had the sc430 and e93 m3, i wouldn't remotely put both cars in the same performance talk either.
Old 05-18-15, 04:20 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Parenting is completely different this time around at 48. Keeps me feeling young. I did say I was done, ready to travel and etc., before meeting my current wife. Hard to tell younger wife no to kids . . . Turned out to be the best thing that ever happened to me. I could not imagine life without Olivia.

Here are pictures of all 3 on a rare occasion to have them all in the same place.
beautiful family there!! good for you!!
Old 05-20-15, 07:53 AM
MisterSkiz
Racer

Received 90 Likes on 62 Posts

Good looking family! God Bless you guys!
Old 05-21-15, 08:45 AM
DougHII
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by rominl
beautiful family there!! good for you!!
Thanks guys. Having my girls around cars, crammed into back seats of sports cars and at the race track has been a wonderful family thing. My middle daughter has flown with me to pick up cars, rode with me in autocrosses at 11, she began racing karts at 14, 2 years racing with Skippy, and she now races both open and closed wheel.

Would have she gotten bitten by the bug if growing up riding in something like a GSF, S8 or large AMGs, I dunno.
Old 05-21-15, 10:51 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Thanks guys. Having my girls around cars, crammed into back seats of sports cars and at the race track has been a wonderful family thing. My middle daughter has flown with me to pick up cars, rode with me in autocrosses at 11, she began racing karts at 14, 2 years racing with Skippy, and she now races both open and closed wheel.

Would have she gotten bitten by the bug if growing up riding in something like a GSF, S8 or large AMGs, I dunno.
sounds like the perfect reason to put my girls in the nsx!
Old 05-21-15, 11:41 AM
DougHII
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by rominl
sounds like the perfect reason to put my girls in the nsx!
Now your catching on, but better off just getting an RCF with that huge back seat . . . or an Ariel Atom . . .
Old 05-21-15, 09:28 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Now your catching on, but better off just getting an RCF with that huge back seat . . . or an Ariel Atom . . .
hahaha gotta play with what i have in the garage already. it's going to take some convincing on the wife to go porsche, so it's matter of time. but then i want gt3 more than turbo, which is another 2 seater!!!

i have to be honest if i were to consider rcf, i probably would pick m4 over it. but they are close

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Anyone in the used RC-F market?