RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Anyone in the used RC-F market?

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-15, 02:36 AM
detluv313
Driver School Candidate

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

up here in MI RC F's are very very very limited... and the 1 IS F (Silver) at the LEXUS dealer sold for 55K with 12K on it about a month ago
Old 05-15-15, 07:53 AM
Raykwon02
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by johnnyreb
This must of have been the Basic without any of the Extra Packages, TVD, Carbon Fiber or CF Trim, or Premium Pkg., etc...! If Not, that was a Pretty Good Deal!
I don't know if Lexus is bringing any "basic" models to the US. Lowest MSRP I've come across is high 70k which includes premium package, CF Trim, sunroof, Nav etc. Mine has a couple other options which bumped it just over the 72K mark.
Old 05-15-15, 08:25 AM
zekeman
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Raykwon02
I don't know if Lexus is bringing any "basic" models to the US. Lowest MSRP I've come across is high 70k which includes premium package, CF Trim, sunroof, Nav etc. Mine has a couple other options which bumped it just over the 72K mark.
I think the only way anyone is going to see a basic, is to special order it. My dealer is getting them completely tricked out and for the most part, "negotiate" is a foreign word. The demand is very high - my car came in one day, I was called and drove it that day, and closed the deal that afternoon. There were three other customers who looked at it while I was doing the deal and they wanted to buy it also, without driving. Pretty much a dealer's dream come true.
Z
Old 05-15-15, 09:45 AM
DougHII
Lexus Test Driver

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by MisterSkiz
I'd wait a year or two.

It will be like the IS-F...you'll be able to pick them up for around 45-50k with 15-20k miles.
Lol, at that Crystal ball. Very difficult to judge what demand or price will in a year or two. I do think the "45-50k" in a "year or two" is a bit nutty. The RC F is a car not really in the typical Lexus purchaser's wheelhouse, but I also think Lexus is now trying to appeal to a new breed of purchasers. Will it work? Time will only tell, but Lexus typical hold there value well.

I don't think you can use the IS F sedan platform as a gauge for the future demand of an RC F. Most individuals such as myself who historically have driven 911s, M3s, Italians and etc. were never interested in or even remotely considered the IS F regardless of price.

A $ 72k stickered used Lexus with 1,600 miles here recently sold for $ 68k. I was actually going to post about that listing on here in case someone was looking for a used RC F at a bit of a discount. The car, however, sold immediately . . .
Old 05-15-15, 10:30 AM
followtheF
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In SoCal, they seem to be pretty in demand as well. I bought mine as Tustin Lexus, and only found one available because it arrive the night before! Never even made it to the showroom when my wife and I just happened to be coming in to check it out, left with it a few hours later. lol All the other F's that I've seen on the showroom there have already been purchased beforehand, or have buyers waiting. There was one that someone ordered, but then changed their mind on the color, so the sales manager called his "waitlist" and had it sold in an hour. Pretty crazy. So I can't imagine there's going to be too much price slashing with used ones, but I guess we'll wait and see.
Old 05-15-15, 10:44 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by followtheF
In SoCal, they seem to be pretty in demand as well. I bought mine as Tustin Lexus, and only found one available because it arrive the night before! Never even made it to the showroom when my wife and I just happened to be coming in to check it out, left with it a few hours later. lol All the other F's that I've seen on the showroom there have already been purchased beforehand, or have buyers waiting. There was one that someone ordered, but then changed their mind on the color, so the sales manager called his "waitlist" and had it sold in an hour. Pretty crazy. So I can't imagine there's going to be too much price slashing with used ones, but I guess we'll wait and see.
maybe it was, not the case now for sure. a lot of inventory around and dealerships start to deal
Old 05-15-15, 04:01 PM
djpeakSD
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have been wanting to get into an RCF but I have two kids with car seats so I'm not sure how realistic it is and may have to wait for the GSF.
But I just looked at my local dealer who I get all of my Lexus's from and they have 6 RCF's on the lot right now. That seems like a lot to me!
Old 05-15-15, 04:29 PM
DougHII
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by djpeakSD
I have been wanting to get into an RCF but I have two kids with car seats so I'm not sure how realistic it is and may have to wait for the GSF.
But I just looked at my local dealer who I get all of my Lexus's from and they have 6 RCF's on the lot right now. That seems like a lot to me!
Lot of recent deliveries to the dealers. I know they were scarce to non-existent here just 2 weeks ago. Looks like one dealer has 2 and the other 4.

How old are your children. The big seat is actually pretty roomy for a coupe. We have a pretty thick car seat for our 3 /12 year old and she has plenty of room. I raised my 2 older girls in back seats much smaller . . .
Old 05-15-15, 05:53 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by djpeakSD
if you have kids with car seats and this is your primary vehicle, seriously it doesn't make sense to have a coupe. and the rcf is not a very spacious coupe

in CA, since beginning of march inventory of rcf started to build
Old 05-15-15, 08:25 PM
AussieISF
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
if you have kids with car seats and this is your primary vehicle, seriously it doesn't make sense to have a coupe. and the rcf is not a very spacious coupe

Give it some time and the prices will drop, it was like that with the ISF too in the early days. Once the GSF comes out we should see the prices drop.

Lexus uses these as their "halo" car, so they have to try and trickle the output. Most people will come in to look at the RCF/GSF and end up buying something else, which is what a halo car is for. A coupe like the RCF with limited back space will always suffer in resale, the market is more limited. Whereas the GSF should hold its value better because you can practically fit a family in there.

I'd say if you're not in a huge hurry, wait it out. :-)
Old 05-15-15, 09:38 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by AussieISF
Give it some time and the prices will drop, it was like that with the ISF too in the early days. Once the GSF comes out we should see the prices drop.

Lexus uses these as their "halo" car, so they have to try and trickle the output. Most people will come in to look at the RCF/GSF and end up buying something else, which is what a halo car is for. A coupe like the RCF with limited back space will always suffer in resale, the market is more limited. Whereas the GSF should hold its value better because you can practically fit a family in there.

completely agreed and i don't fault dealerships. when a car is new, prices are firm. when supply and demand tilts the other way, discount comes

all i am trying to say is the period of people hurting to find rcf is over
Old 05-15-15, 10:48 PM
DougHII
Lexus Test Driver

Lol, does he drive with both kids in the back seat every time he takes the car out? Does wife have a car with a back seat? Completely doable for some that truly want a sports car as their daily and have a spouse with back up. Others are more practical which is totally cool also.

Small back seat for a coupe??? I'd say its CAVERNOUS to the back seats my 18 and 19 year old daughters grew up riding.

I, however, agree, its all about priorities. If driving a sports car is a priority or sporty coupe is calling your name, RCF is completely doable with kids.

I just took a 4 hour road trip with wife, 3 1/2 year old in a car seat and dog in mine.

If someone is cool with a sedan with a big motor, then heck yeah . . . wait for GSF. GSF would be a big compromise to me, but may be very little compromise to others.

Last edited by DougHII; 05-15-15 at 10:56 PM.
Old 05-15-15, 11:37 PM
DougHII
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by AussieISF

You say coupe suffer more on resale in the sports car class? Is that why cars like the S8 and M5 depreciate so much faster than the S5 and M3 coupes?

First, the GSF could be a total bust with no demand or the RCF could end up being a bust. You don't know. Coupe sports cars, however, have historically held their value better than these large bug engined sedan grocery getting family trucksters because enthusiasts generally buy coupes and are less concerned about practicality.

Next, check out current prices on air cooled 911, 964s and 993s, especially the turbos and direct me to a mass produced big engined sedan with those depreciation rates.

Finally, what kind of sports car adrenal junkie enthusiast makes their purchase decision based on predicted resale value??? The kind that buys sedans based on a mistaken belief??? Lol, most of my enthusiast buddies drop serious jack on aftermarket parts for which they get little or no return on that investment back upon resale and could care less as they are buying based upon looks and what makes them smile.

Life is short. At the end if the day, buy what makes you smile and stop trying to left brain a right brain purchase . . . and sitting around waiting for prices to drop to save $ 50 bucks on a $1,000 note??? Just buy the car already if that is what you want.

Last edited by DougHII; 05-15-15 at 11:51 PM.
Old 05-16-15, 05:14 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by DougHII
Lol, does he drive with both kids in the back seat every time he takes the car out? Does wife have a car with a back seat? Completely doable for some that truly want a sports car as their daily and have a spouse with back up. Others are more practical which is totally cool also.

Small back seat for a coupe??? I'd say its CAVERNOUS to the back seats my 18 and 19 year old daughters grew up riding.

I, however, agree, its all about priorities. If driving a sports car is a priority or sporty coupe is calling your name, RCF is completely doable with kids.

I just took a 4 hour road trip with wife, 3 1/2 year old in a car seat and dog in mine.

If someone is cool with a sedan with a big motor, then heck yeah . . . wait for GSF. GSF would be a big compromise to me, but may be very little compromise to others.
maybe that's why i said "primary vehicle" in my post. reading is fundamental

i never said it won't work at all, did i? i even know someone who had a vette and put a car seat in the front for the kid and that's the primary (only) vehicle as single parent. yup, it's doable. but imho it's sometimes more than just "doable"

i had a sc430 before and i knew another die hard owner who thought his sc430 is superior in every single way too. yup, he thought the back seats in the sc430 were just fine. i am sure you think the back seats are fine, but imho and comparing to other coupes in this segment, i don't find the rc backseats compelling, especially if i have to fit 2 damn car seats there
Old 05-17-15, 05:51 AM
DougHII
Lexus Test Driver

maybe that's why i said "primary vehicle" in my post. reading is fundamental

i never said it won't work at all, did i? i even know someone who had a vette and put a car seat in the front for the kid and that's the primary (only) vehicle as single parent. yup, it's doable. but imho it's sometimes more than just "doable"

i had a sc430 before and i knew another die hard owner who thought his sc430 is superior in every single way too. yup, he thought the back seats in the sc430 were just fine. i am sure you think the back seats are fine, but imho and comparing to other coupes in this segment, i don't find the rc backseats compelling, especially if i have to fit 2 damn car seats there
The word "primary" denotes more than one car available. Perhaps use the words "only" or "sole" if you really think this guy was a single dad with access to no other cars and before taking a jab at my reading ability.

Lol at you comparison of an SC430 back seat. That car is tiny and has no usable back seat or is not comparable to an RC F back seat. Besides, that car is not very attractive and not in same league or markets as RC F. I can say without any equivocation that those of us former German sports car loyalist lured by the RC F would not even consider an SC 430 purchase in lieu of a 911, M series or RS5.

Drive what makes you happy. Me driving a 993tt, several 996tts and a 997tt since 1998 made me and both of my older daughters happy born in 94 and 95. Both became Porsche fanatics and one now races a Porsche in GTS2 and races Formula Mazda so stuffing them in small back seat appears to have no lasting ill effects.

The RCF is an answer to the 911 with a bigger back seat. Hats off the Lexus for making that happen!

Quick Reply: Anyone in the used RC-F market?