RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Anyone seen this? RCF vs ISF

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-15, 09:03 PM
NickTee
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by DrRick
with your power to weight ratio....mid 14's should be the norm. and thats BEFORE you upgrade the tires, wheels, flywheel and clutch like you have.
It was a Canadian quarter mile, which translates to a 15 second American quarter mile. Canadians are polite, so they subtract half a second from the runs to make the racers feel better.
Old 05-15-15, 02:30 AM
detluv313
Driver School Candidate

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

I had a pretty darned moded E46 ( FAST as HECK!) and I drove the IS F alot since my friend has one. The RC F to me is a lil shy off the line sometimes but comes alive like a totally different car that wants to kill you above 5000RPM!!! and I love it. ( drove the new M4 and I stayed with lexus and purchased the RC F) I raced an SRT 8 Challenger and kissed 175MPH like it was nothing.
Old 05-15-15, 02:33 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,126 Likes on 1,297 Posts

Guys lets knock off the personal commentary please, That includes the disparaging "you clearly have no idea what you're talking about" remarks.
The following users liked this post:
Mingofish (10-07-20)
Old 05-15-15, 07:36 AM
fstpassat
Pit Crew

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

There wouldn't happen to be any RCF's in Georgia/Alabama area that would be down for some fun would there? Track or a quick highway pull, I am game for either. I have a PPE/Joe Z 08 ISF that made 400whp and has been the time in my sig in full street trim. I have always held the opinion that I would beat a stock RCF, but would welcome the opportunity to be proven wrong. No ego or anything, just some objective fun to see how the cars compare. If anyone is interested, shoot me a PM.
Old 05-15-15, 08:23 AM
infin8ti
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just to add my 2 cents. Chalk up a win for the RCF. In a street race, there are lots of variables that affect the outcome between even 2 of the same cars. For instance, there's reaction time. If one car reacts faster than the other, assuming that both cars are the same, then it will continue to pull. Weight also plays a major role - does the RCF have a passenger as well ? From the dig, I would probably guess that the ISF and RCF would be more or less even throughout the 1/4 mile. Any further and the RCF will start to pull
Old 05-15-15, 10:02 AM
ISF001
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by infin8ti
Just to add my 2 cents. Chalk up a win for the RCF. In a street race, there are lots of variables that affect the outcome between even 2 of the same cars. For instance, there's reaction time. If one car reacts faster than the other, assuming that both cars are the same, then it will continue to pull. Weight also plays a major role - does the RCF have a passenger as well ? From the dig, I would probably guess that the ISF and RCF would be more or less even throughout the 1/4 mile. Any further and the RCF will start to pull
Forget all the reaction time, weight of the driver, amount of fuel in the tank, etc. Stock to stock and with the same driver, the RCF is faster, and much faster as we move beyond the initial 0-60 run. The engine quickly revs high and pulls all the way to 7,000+.

Give this autobahn run go. The RC F scoots effortlessly into the 170s. This is the acceleration that I am referring to.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWza...ature=youtu.be

The new car is faster. The expanded rev range alone immediately impacts 0-60 acceleration. I've already run a 4.2 and it can do more--It was hotter than hell that day. The TVD propulsion and apex cornering is real and directly impacts performance. Yaguchi designed the RC F around the ISF CCSR and not the IS F we know and love.

I continue to state the ISF is a GREAT car. It's just not the new RC F. They are two very different animals.
Attached Thumbnails Anyone seen this? RCF vs ISF-ccsr_001_50893_2524_low.jpg  
Old 05-15-15, 11:07 AM
jat0223
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by infin8ti
Agreed, rcf and isf have pretty close quarter mile traps. Stock for stock it would be a driver's race with the edge to the rcf.

https://youtu.be/nKQWtOJaNIs

Chalk another one to the rcf. Now can we make a blanket statement and say that the rcf is faster than an m6. Of course not. most of us know that the m6 is a faster car, just not in this particular match. Anything can happen on the street.
Old 05-17-15, 04:41 PM
ISF001
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by jat0223
Agreed, rcf and isf have pretty close quarter mile traps. Stock for stock it would be a driver's race with the edge to the rcf.

https://youtu.be/nKQWtOJaNIs

Chalk another one to the rcf. Now can we make a blanket statement and say that the rcf is faster than an m6. Of course not. most of us know that the m6 is a faster car, just not in this particular match. Anything can happen on the street.
Let us not dismiss the new Samurai here.

Stock for stock with the same driver, RCF wins. I have three years of spirited driving in the 2012 ISF, and I have taken my 2015 RCF to the same rural areas to test its capabilities. I am hitting speeds and maneuvering areas at times and speeds the ISF simply can't emulate.

As for the M6, it's terrible on a track. On a 0-60 sprint, it might be 1-2 tenths faster, but the RCF is gone on a track with TVD engaged in track mode. Even limited, the RCF is 20-25 mph faster on the top end as well.

In a 0-150 mph run, the M6 probably gets there 2+ seconds faster. The M6 has a 560 HP twin-turbo V8. It is amazing what Lexus has been able to crank out of this 467 hp two-cycle V8 engine--amazing.

Last edited by ISF001; 05-17-15 at 05:04 PM.
Old 05-18-15, 01:24 PM
JDMV8
Instructor

Received 187 Likes on 104 Posts

Reading comments on the Autobahn run and Lexus videos in general, I truly cannot understand the severe hate and distaste people have towards Lexus. It has become comical to me!
Anyway, RCF has more power (50 hp) and faster response compared to the ISF. It's only downfall is its weight.
The RCF, stock for stock, should be marginally faster than the ISF, or vice versa.
It is possible that the ISF in the video has a CEL (I know the car) and it's unknown whether it's competing to its capability (however those issues may have been fixed).
Regardless, I don't care for another video, because these cars are not "two different animals" (well they are if you really want to justify your purchase ). RCF should be and is an upgrade over the ISF. But for straight-line speed, it's marginal.

What I'd love to see is lap times on VIR compared between the RCF and MY11+ ISF.

Last edited by JDMV8; 05-18-15 at 01:31 PM.
Old 05-19-15, 04:32 AM
ISF001
Lexus Champion

Default Comparative Runs or ISF and RCF-Straight Line Acceleration

Your an ISF owner.

If you can hop into a friend's RCF on a demanding course (road or track) with aggressive corners, you'll quickly understand what I mean with regard to how the RCF puts down the power and handles like a slot car on corners.

The impact on time is significant--it is a slot car. The ISF can't corner like this new beast. There is just no way that it can emulate the TVD.

Re. the straight line acceleration: The RCF car climbs into the blue sky, triple digit numbers considerably faster than my 2012 ISF did. Here again, the comparison is stock for stock.

Watch these two videos:

The ISF hits 280 KPM in 46.5 seconds.

The RCF hit 277 KPM in 34.5 seconds.

Tack on another half second if you like to hit 280 in the RCF. We are talking about a SIGNIFICANT 11 second spread...And the RCF will keep going to nearly 180 mph based on some of the current Nurburgring run videos.

Originally Posted by JDMV8
Reading comments on the Autobahn run and Lexus videos in general, I truly cannot understand the severe hate and distaste people have towards Lexus. It has become comical to me!
Anyway, RCF has more power (50 hp) and faster response compared to the ISF. It's only downfall is its weight.
The RCF, stock for stock, should be marginally faster than the ISF, or vice versa.
It is possible that the ISF in the video has a CEL (I know the car) and it's unknown whether it's competing to its capability (however those issues may have been fixed).
Regardless, I don't care for another video, because these cars are not "two different animals" (well they are if you really want to justify your purchase ). RCF should be and is an upgrade over the ISF. But for straight-line speed, it's marginal.

What I'd love to see is lap times on VIR compared between the RCF and MY11+ ISF.

Last edited by ISF001; 05-19-15 at 04:35 AM.
Old 05-19-15, 05:04 AM
jat0223
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by JDMV8

Agreed. I'd like to see that head to head at VIR as well. Since the isf it's severely under tired I believe an isf with upgraded tires would put up a decent fight.
Old 05-19-15, 06:19 AM
DougHII
Lexus Test Driver

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

HP is king at VIR. Small advantages in acceleration and the ability to stay on throttle in certain parts of the track rule there.

That said, why is everyone so wrapped up in whose car is more capable around VIR or rolling acceleration to 150 mph. I doubt anyone could actually put either car through a full lap at VIR anywhere close to 10/10ths or will ever even try.

The RCF is a pig, but it is a comfy cruiser that I personally think looks awesome inside and out. I do think some reduction in unsprung at wheel and rotors and some remapping of tranny would be a big help for all of those so focused on numbers . . ., but then again, does 2 tenths off 0 - 60 or 1/4 mile times really matter to most that purchase these cars?

Last edited by DougHII; 05-19-15 at 07:53 AM.
Old 05-19-15, 06:54 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,126 Likes on 1,297 Posts

Originally Posted by DougHII
That said, why is everyone so wrapped up in whose car is more capable around VIR or rolling acceleration to 150 mph. I doubt anyone could actually put either car through a full lap at VIR anywhere close to 10/10ths or will ever even try.
Everyone is interested in that because of C&D's annual Lightning Lap which is one of the better comparisons of different marques and models in a track setting:

http://www.caranddriver.com/features...p-2014-feature

They use the larger Grand course so isn't comparable to what most club DE / club races run. Wish they did full course so you could compare to what laptimes other folks do.
Old 05-19-15, 07:30 AM
DougHII
Lexus Test Driver

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by DaveGS4
Everyone is interested in that because of C&D's annual Lightning Lap which is one of the better comparisons of different marques and models in a track setting:

http://www.caranddriver.com/features...p-2014-feature

They use the larger Grand course so isn't comparable to what most club DE / club races run. Wish they did full course so you could compare to what laptimes other folks do.
Yeah, we race full. Didn't know about C&D test thingy.
Old 05-23-15, 12:58 AM
JaponesV8
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I thought the ISF was great until I rode in a RCF. I can't believe how badly the ISF got stomped.

Quick Reply: Anyone seen this? RCF vs ISF