RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Seatbelt wear marks on the leather seats?

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-15, 01:57 PM
Carnevino
Advanced

Received 174 Likes on 95 Posts

I'm on it guys! they're figuring it out for us as we speak. They have a family contact with Nalley Lexus, so I believe they are headed there to take some measurements for us. I'll get a few done in a "bone" color for you guys with the grey interior, rest in black...likely go with cherry blossom red stitching for the black ones and maybe a nice blue thread for the bone? Figure the blue would look good for the "F" highlights. It'll be a few weeks, but I'll keep everyone updated Also, several people have said they'll donate some for shipping...if you live on the other side of the world that would be appreciated. I'm NOT looking to sell these...just helping out.
Old 05-13-15, 02:06 PM
rjmalm
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

2 black ones with blue thread for me please.

I have used Meguiare's Gold Class Leather conditioner but I see where there could be wear marks in the future as the conditioner wears off in less than 1k miles.

Maybe I should buy some
CQuartz or Ceramic Pro Leather as a harder protector as well.
I did get break through wear on my IS-F seat leather after 50k miles only using Meguirse.

Last edited by DaveGS4; 05-13-15 at 06:38 PM.
Old 05-13-15, 06:11 PM
ISF001
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by rjmalm
2 black ones with blue thread for me please. Yes I will help fund you nice offer as well.

I have used Meguiare's Gold Class Leather conditioner but I see where there could be wear marks in the future as the conditioner wears off in less than 1k miles.

Maybe I should buy some
CQuartz or Ceramic Pro Leather as a harder protector as well.
I did get break through wear on my IS-F seat leather after 50k miles only using Meguirse.
Ditto here on the above...

Last edited by DaveGS4; 05-13-15 at 06:38 PM.
Old 05-13-15, 06:37 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator
Administrator

Received 2,312 Likes on 1,410 Posts

Originally Posted by Carnevino
I) I'm NOT looking to sell these...just helping out.
Folks,

Carnevino generously offered to send these for free and that's great. If it turns into a money exchange for the product then he (or whomever making them) needs to sell through a CL vendor or become one themselves.

Let's keep this thread open please (posts edited). Thanks.
Old 05-15-15, 10:44 AM
chilipalm
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm on it guys! they're figuring it out for us as we speak. They have a family contact with Nalley Lexus, so I believe they are headed there to take some measurements for us. I'll get a few done in a "bone" color for you guys with the grey interior, rest in black...likely go with cherry blossom red stitching for the black ones and maybe a nice blue thread for the bone? Figure the blue would look good for the "F" highlights. It'll be a few weeks, but I'll keep everyone updated Also, several people have said they'll donate some for shipping...if you live on the other side of the world that would be appreciated. I'm NOT looking to sell these...just helping out.
Bone color with blue thread would be interesting. Please add me to the list for those. Thanks!
Old 05-16-15, 10:56 AM
jim350
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm interested in black with blue thread or black with whatever is available! Thanks!
Old 05-17-15, 07:58 AM
b00st3
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm in as well! Let us know!
Old 05-17-15, 08:05 AM
WayneIS350
Driver School Candidate

I would appreciate a black one if you have any left over when you order.
Old 06-01-15, 11:48 AM
RCFSid
Driver School Candidate

I picked up my car this morning from having the leather replaced on the upper portion of the driver's seat. That is the only part they replaced so now I have to see if I can get the lower portion cleaned so it doesn't look like new leather and "older" leather. They even kept the old magnetic leather strap that holds the seat belt in place.

Hopefully this isn't an exercise that I will have to go through every 5000 miles. I know some of you have provided options to protect that portion of the seat, however, I don't feel like I should have to add something to a $70k car to protect the leather from rubbing away.
Old 06-01-15, 10:42 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Received 60 Likes on 50 Posts

Also, guys Amazon has several different ones with the Lexus Logo & they're Only like $8.95 for a PAIR! Kind of hard to Beat that!
Old 07-11-15, 12:30 PM
rjmalm
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Anyone get any of these from Cavnevio. I left my request but have not heard anything in the last 2 months.
Old 07-13-15, 07:54 PM
Fysisist
Pole Position

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

I'm interested in a solution here as well. johnnyreb mentioned something available on Amazon, I'm checking that as well.
Old 07-13-15, 09:35 PM
boriii
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Fysisist
I'm interested in a solution here as well. johnnyreb mentioned something available on Amazon, I'm checking that as well.
Probably the seat belt pads. I guess if you strap down those pads with the leather strap on the side of the seat, the belt shouldnt touch the seat anymore. Thats all I can real think of! I'll try it out and see how it goes.
Old 07-13-15, 09:51 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Received 60 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by Fysisist
This is it & i think you can get them in different colors (comes in a pair for around $9 & Free Shipping if you have the Prime Membership)
Attached Thumbnails Seatbelt wear marks on the leather seats?-img_0956-1-.jpg  
Old 07-13-15, 10:35 PM
Fysisist
Pole Position

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by johnnyreb
This is it & i think you can get them in different colors (comes in a pair for around $9 & Free Shipping if you have the Prime Membership)
Yeah I saw that one on Amazon, looks pretty nice in the pic, sort of a carbon fiber look to it.

Quick Reply: Seatbelt wear marks on the leather seats?