RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Lane Departure Alert - missing?

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-15, 08:06 AM
zekeman1
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lane Departure Alert - missing?

New member, first posting...just picked up my new RC-F today at the dealer and have been running through all the books (whew!). One question I had related to the Lane Departure Alert. I saw it depicted in the quick reference manual but could not find the switch on the steering wheel. I have the Performance Package and the Lexus website lists the LDA as part of that package, but it isn't on my car. Am I missing something or is it perhaps no longer available??

Am I missing something?? Many thanks
Z

Last edited by zekeman1; 05-03-15 at 09:29 AM.
Old 05-03-15, 09:47 AM
Kenthy
Driver School Candidate

Same here. I want the carbon fiber roof to contrast the liquid platinum yet complement the carbon fiber trim; I got the Performance Package. I don't LDA but according Lexus site, it stated that it does come with the Performance Package.
Old 05-03-15, 01:34 PM
Carnevino
Advanced

Received 162 Likes on 90 Posts

It's on the left side of the dash kinda low. Not on the wheel. I believe it's by the Parking alert. Same place as the wing button.
Old 05-03-15, 02:03 PM
Ca1avera
Driver School Candidate

I have the pp and do not have the button on either the wheel or lower left buttons. Looking at my vehicle sticker it does not mention the feature under pp details. Might ask my salesperson Monday.
Old 05-03-15, 02:54 PM
Kenthy
Driver School Candidate

I got the PP and wing buttons but no LDA button. The feature was not mention in the sticker...only at Lexus site.
Old 05-03-15, 06:42 PM
Carnevino
Advanced

Received 162 Likes on 90 Posts

Guys my bad, I'm referring to the BSM switch.
Old 05-03-15, 08:40 PM
zekeman
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Carnevino
Guys my bad, I'm referring to the BSM switch.
Going to query Lexus tomorrow to clarify why it's not on the car, when it's mentioned on their website and will post their explanation.
Z
Old 05-04-15, 09:51 AM
ThaDRD
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

On the Lexus website, it lists Lane Departure Alert as being part of both the Performance and Premium packages. I have the Premium Package and also do not have it. Doesn't look like anybody got it.
Old 05-04-15, 11:04 AM
MrJeager
Driver

Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts

Mine is right where it should be - I do not have the CF + TVD package.

Old 05-04-15, 01:43 PM
ThaDRD
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 3IS350Guy
Mine is right where it should be - I do not have the CF + TVD package.
It looks like you are from Canada. I think that may be the key here.
Old 05-04-15, 02:30 PM
zekeman
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by zekeman
Going to query Lexus tomorrow to clarify why it's not on the car, when it's mentioned on their website and will post their explanation.
Z
Update - I spoke to Lexus Corporate this morning who offered no real solution other than to call my dealer (pass the buck) - not impressed with the response they provided. They did say that the Lane Departure Assist (LDA) feature had not been deleted.

I spoke to my sales rep and the GM of the dealership and pointed out the discrepancy, providing printouts listing the features of the premium and performance packages each of which included LDA. They offered no real explanation other than if it was no longer available, it should be eliminated from the website to preclude people from believing they were getting something which was no longer available; they plan to contact Lexus Corp for further investigation and hopefully a concrete explanation.
Z
Old 05-04-15, 02:32 PM
MrJeager
Driver

Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by ThaDRD
It looks like you are from Canada. I think that may be the key here.
I'm not Sorry
Old 05-05-15, 01:50 AM
Chris8152
Pit Crew

Received 28 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by zekeman
Update - I spoke to Lexus Corporate this morning who offered no real solution other than to call my dealer (pass the buck) - not impressed with the response they provided. They did say that the Lane Departure Assist (LDA) feature had not been deleted.

I spoke to my sales rep and the GM of the dealership and pointed out the discrepancy, providing printouts listing the features of the premium and performance packages each of which included LDA. They offered no real explanation other than if it was no longer available, it should be eliminated from the website to preclude people from believing they were getting something which was no longer available; they plan to contact Lexus Corp for further investigation and hopefully a concrete explanation.
Z

As in the UK I expect if you look at there website, right at the bottom in very small print it will see something like this

“Whilst every effort is made to reproduce accurate information, we reserve the right to change specifications, equipment and availability without prior notice. Information on this website cannot be regarded as infallible, and as such does not constitute an offer for sale of any particular vehicle or specification.”

On the UK website it says in the specifications list that the RC-F has “electronic parking brake” mine does not, I reported this discrepancy to Lexus 3 months ago and they still haven altered there website information.
Old 05-05-15, 10:50 AM
johnnyreb
Racer

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by 3IS350Guy
I'm not Sorry
WHO said you was Aaa!