RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

My Dealer Made Me Do It!

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-15, 01:08 PM
jkeifer3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default My Dealer Made Me Do It!

Just traded my '13 GS-350 for a Liquid Platinum RC-F. Having already owned a 2008 IS-F, I can tell you that this vehicle is much improved! I look forward to learning much from you folks and sharing along the way. BTW, my spoiler works fine now, with 52 miles on the clock, and I am wondering when the issue of the spoiler not closing will rear its ugly head?
Old 04-09-15, 02:38 PM
Carnevino
Advanced

Received 162 Likes on 90 Posts

I almost pulled the trigger on the same color. I haven't experienced the spoiler issue yet ( prolly just screwed myself for saying that, lol)...seems to be around the 500th time it's triggered the wing "may" stick......but that's just what someone posted on here a few days ago. I'm guessing by the time your first oil change is due Lexus will have a proper fix for it at the dealerships. Gratz on your new car!
Old 04-09-15, 08:09 PM
MGB1120
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Carnevino
I almost pulled the trigger on the same color. I haven't experienced the spoiler issue yet ( prolly just screwed myself for saying that, lol)...seems to be around the 500th time it's triggered the wing "may" stick......but that's just what someone posted on here a few days ago. I'm guessing by the time your first oil change is due Lexus will have a proper fix for it at the dealerships. Gratz on your new car!
Stuck between the Ultra White & Liquid silver/ Nebula Grey!!! can't decide!
Old 04-10-15, 03:57 AM
jkeifer3
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by MGB1120
Choices, choices..... Way back in the day you could purchase the Model "A" in any color as long as it was black...... A much simpler time
Old 04-10-15, 03:59 AM
jkeifer3
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by MGB1120
The Liquid Platinum looks nice with the mid-level wheels which came on my car. Now what to do with that front plate! I drove my IS-F for three years before the cops caught me. The front plate really is a detractor on this car
Old 04-10-15, 08:41 AM
MGB1120
Pole Position

Originally Posted by jkeifer3
The Liquid Platinum looks nice with the mid-level wheels which came on my car. Now what to do with that front plate! I drove my IS-F for three years before the cops caught me. The front plate really is a detractor on this car
Exactly! There is literally only 1 cop in our area that looks no front plates, otherwise no other city cares! Its horrible!
Old 04-10-15, 08:55 AM
RCFormante
Supercharged!

Received 61 Likes on 26 Posts

Congrats! I believe there is a company that makes a front plate holder using the front tow hook slot if you don't want to drill holes into your bumper.
Old 04-10-15, 09:16 AM
jkeifer3
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by RCF500
Congrats! I believe there is a company that makes a front plate holder using the front tow hook slot if you don't want to drill holes into your bumper.
Yup, I located a vendor named CravenSpeed that has one for this and many other cars. I am seriously considering throwing it on the dash and keeping my fingers crossed.
Old 04-14-15, 05:46 PM
VMRWheels
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats! Be sure to post pics as the build progress
Old 04-15-15, 08:27 AM
ISF001
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just traded my '13 GS-350 for a Liquid Platinum RC-F. Having already owned a 2008 IS-F, I can tell you that this vehicle is much improved! I look forward to learning much from you folks and sharing along the way. BTW, my spoiler works fine now, with 52 miles on the clock, and I am wondering when the issue of the spoiler not closing will rear its ugly head?
Congrats.

Spoiler: a fix should be out within 2-3 weeks. If the motor is going to over torque and remain elevated, it will happen after 500 activations.
Old 04-15-15, 01:09 PM
jkeifer3
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by ISF001
Congrats.

Spoiler: a fix should be out within 2-3 weeks. If the motor is going to over torque and remain elevated, it will happen after 500 activations.
Thank you. That's good to know that Lexus is "on top" of this. I installed the CravenSpeed Platypus plate mount and am as happy as can be under the circumstances.
Old 05-26-15, 11:19 AM
vietzboi87
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Congrats! That's why I'm scared to go to the dealership because I know I would be tempted to trade my isf in for the rcf lol.
Old 05-26-15, 06:32 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

Where's the Pics? as far as the Spoiler, i WISH mine would stay up ALL the Time cause i'm constantly putting it up as soon as it goes down! Lol! i just think it looks Better with it up! CONGRATS on your Purchase! also, can you tell a Difference in POWER?
Old 05-26-15, 09:41 PM
kareemRCF
Driver

Originally Posted by johnnyreb
Where's the Pics? as far as the Spoiler, i WISH mine would stay up ALL the Time cause i'm constantly putting it up as soon as it goes down! Lol! i just think it looks Better with it up! CONGRATS on your Purchase! also, can you tell a Difference in POWER?
Put the wing up & then through the settings in the steering wheel go to the wing and turn it off. It will be up all the time even when you turn the car off.
Old 05-28-15, 01:58 AM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 668 Likes on 590 Posts

pictures or you never got the car :P

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886

Quick Reply: My Dealer Made Me Do It!