RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

RC F vs GS F, which would you choose?

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-15, 07:49 AM
ForzaF
Pole Position

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by johnnyreb
What Doesn't Make Sense to Me is WHY would you pay $70k+ to Track a Car when like you said on your Sig. get an ISF for what $20-30k less & Mod the Hell out of it & Track IT! YOU said it's the PERFECT Car for BOTH! to me the RCF is NOT a Track Car!
Rcf is a Gt car and to some enthusiasts why would price matter over taking a car on the track? Isf was a 65k+ car has 4 doors and does great on the track.
Just cuz some ppl don't know how to manhandle the wheel of a v8 monster, they can enjoy them on the street. For those that can all the power to you for having fun at the track
Old 06-13-15, 08:31 AM
DougHII
Lexus Test Driver

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by ISF2NV
Rcf is a Gt car and to some enthusiasts why would price matter over taking a car on the track? Isf was a 65k+ car has 4 doors and does great on the track.
Just cuz some ppl don't know how to manhandle the wheel of a v8 monster, they can enjoy them on the street. For those that can all the power to you for having fun at the track
Interesting. We have sedan owners trying to define what the RCF is and calling it a GT? Please define GT. I have a Magnus Walker 911 hot rod and my RCF is much quicker. Does that make my Magnus Walker 911 a GT not a sports car? How about Maseratis? Are they GTs? How about 911 NA? Are they GTs? Why feel the need to label a coupe you don't own as a GT? Are you trying to somehow say it is not as cool as those purchasing think it is? Do you think an M4 with comparable performance numbers is also a GT? Where do you draw the line between GT and sports car?

The poster you are responding to I think used to own 911s and has a Viper. What is your comparison base? An ISF sedan? Is that all you have tracked? If the RCF is a GT, what is an ISF? Griswold Family truckster with Honkey Lips written down the side?

Last edited by DougHII; 06-13-15 at 09:10 AM.
Old 06-13-15, 08:49 AM
DougHII
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by tea
ah... no wonder there's so much hate for the M3/M4 on here.
Who is hating on M3 or M4 owners and why bring that baggage to a Lexus forum. Its not like those of us buying the RCF cannot afford an M3 or M4. Both are good cars. I think it all comes down to looks. The BMWs body style is very tired and needs a massive face lift in my opinion. BMWs are also a maintenance nightmare based on my limited experience with them and my German mechanics representations to me. He always said if you ahem a Porsche, Mercedes and a BMW sitting outside it is only the BMW that won't start after sitting for 30 days.
Old 06-13-15, 08:52 AM
DougHII
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by tea
GSF hands down. the rc/rcf is pretty ugly to me
Too funny. Why does anyone feel the need to troll and RCF forum for the purpose of calling the RCF, the cars that people own here, ugly? All good. Buy what you like, but no need to tell someone their car is ugly. Even better is that the cars look similar except one has 2 doors and one had 4 doors. LOL, gotta love the internet.

Last edited by DougHII; 06-13-15 at 09:34 AM.
Old 06-13-15, 08:57 AM
DougHII
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by damtachoa
There are only three things I like about this car the sport seat, the gauges, and the engine. The rest you can smash with hammer.
Cool. Smash it up. Whats the purpose of saying that here.

I love it. I literally purchased the very first Audi TT 225hp in the SE US and the first Cayenne with a towing package delivered by Porsche to the US over ten (10) years ago, There were so many like you saying the TT was ugly and the Cayenne was ugly and would never make it. Look at those models now.

Why the need to come onto a internet forum for RCFs and tell owners there their car is ugly? The RCF is actually a very cool car. If you don't like, don't buy. No need to bash it though. Apparently, some just need to get a hobby.

Excited to see what the GSF has to offer. That will be a niche car also. Lexus has an uphill battle to enter these markets.

Last edited by DougHII; 06-13-15 at 09:40 AM.
Old 06-13-15, 02:07 PM
ForzaF
Pole Position

Originally Posted by DougHII
Interesting. We have sedan owners trying to define what the RCF is and calling it a GT? Please define GT. I have a Magnus Walker 911 hot rod and my RCF is much quicker. Does that make my Magnus Walker 911 a GT not a sports car? How about Maseratis? Are they GTs? How about 911 NA? Are they GTs? Why feel the need to label a coupe you don't own as a GT? Are you trying to somehow say it is not as cool as those purchasing think it is? Do you think an M4 with comparable performance numbers is also a GT? Where do you draw the line between GT and sports car?

The poster you are responding to I think used to own 911s and has a Viper. What is your comparison base? An ISF sedan? Is that all you have tracked? If the RCF is a GT, what is an ISF? Griswold Family truckster with Honkey Lips written down the side?

GT is in my eyes is a luxury car with all the amneities has the power to deliver and that you can take on long road trips and in comfort. I would also add that you can also take to the track beat the **** out of it and drive back home without worries. I'm not sure what your take is but I'm sure most magazine editors would say the latter . You might think a gt has to be worth over 100k+ to be classified as such well to each their own.

I know some ppl they like to just buy these and flash them around think they're all gung ho I mean your ego already states that by naming what cars you had in the past , or maybe still own

Is your Magnus Walker Porsche comfortable and can be taken on long road trips in such a comfort that you don't need to stop because your bones and spines have been jittered around on the back roads? Well if not I guess it's not a gt . I might consider it to be a classic sports car since its a Magnus walker. The Panamara sure is a Grand Tourer.

Anyways love the Rcf and the gs-f
As a family man with needed practicality go with Gs-f
Single or dating or just old and retired Rc-f

Last edited by ForzaF; 06-13-15 at 02:21 PM.
Old 06-13-15, 02:41 PM
DougHII
Lexus Test Driver

GT is in my eyes is a luxury car with all the amneities has the power to deliver and that you can take on long road trips and in comfort. I would also add that you can also take to the track beat the **** out of it and drive back home without worries. I'm not sure what your take is but I'm sure most magazine editors would say the latter . You might think a gt has to be worth over 100k+ to be classified as such well to each their own.

I know some ppl they like to just buy these and flash them around think they're all gung ho I mean your ego already states that by naming what cars you had in the past , or maybe still own

Is your Magnus Walker Porsche comfortable and can be taken on long road trips in such a comfort that you don't need to stop because your bones and spines have been jittered around on the back roads? Well if not I guess it's not a gt . I might consider it to be a classic sports car since its a Magnus walker. The Panamara sure is a Grand Tourer.

Anyways love the Rcf and the gs-f
As a family man with needed practicality go with Gs-f
Single or dating or just old and retired Rc-f
Yep. I love driving 911s. The clutch can be heavy in traffic and the steering can be a load at low speeds but that is what a 911 is all about. Open it up a little and it is light, reactive and you can feel everything from road to mechanical through the stick, pedals and your butt. I have driven my Italians and my loud butt surf board totting Elise sitting o slicks with lexan windows on many long trips. I have 3 daughters and the RCF is my largest car.
Attached Thumbnails RC F vs GS F, which would you choose?-1914221_165971008384_7003325_n.jpg  
Old 06-27-15, 09:45 AM
DougHII
Lexus Test Driver

Afraid Lexus may be a day late and a dollar short on GS F. A buddy of mine just reached out to me and is trying to get me to buy an RS 7 that just arrived at his dealership, a dealership that sold me at least 10 Porsches and several Audis throughout the years.

I just looked up specs on that car and wow. 560 supercharged hp so a lot of torque on hand early. 0 - 60 in 3.9 seconds. If Lexus thinks the throwing the 460 NA engine in the GS F is going to make it competitive or desirable in this market, well they screwed up. They need something with about 600 hp to peak interests of the German crowd that purchases these types of cars.
Old 06-27-15, 10:28 AM
ForzaF
Pole Position

Originally Posted by DougHII
Afraid Lexus may be a day late and a dollar short on GS F. A buddy of mine just reached out to me and is trying to get me to buy an RS 7 that just arrived at his dealership, a dealership that sold me at least 10 Porsches and several Audis throughout the years.

I just looked up specs on that car and wow. 560 supercharged hp so a lot of torque on hand early. 0 - 60 in 3.9 seconds. If Lexus thinks the throwing the 460 NA engine in the GS F is going to make it competitive or desirable in this market, well they screwed up. They need something with about 600 hp to peak interests of the German crowd that purchases these types of cars.
By now I'm sure you've noticed Lexus isn't about chasing numbers , they're about getting smarter ppl that can dictate where their dollar will be in the long run. Anyone can throw big numbers out in the end it's about how reliable it will be. This is why the Lfa had its rev limit cut short so it stays true to what Lexus is about.

Cadillac released a cts-v with 640hp dodge has the hellcat 707hp, guess who will be chasing those numbers The Germans lol .Maybe Lexus will one day shock us all and throw twin turbos on the 5.0 and call it some Black Label , but I wouldn't bet on it .
Old 06-27-15, 10:32 AM
Venturi
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Rc f

RCF of course

I've had performance sedans , 2010 M5, 2013 E63 amg, but I bought the RC F for looks and quality.
The shape of the RC F in my humble opinion, is far more appealing than a 4 door saloon.

The GF is a good looking sedan, but the RCF is more beutiful

HOWEVER,
If it was to be my only car and my daily driver then I'd pick the GF
Old 06-27-15, 10:36 AM
DougHII
Lexus Test Driver

By now I'm sure you've noticed Lexus isn't about chasing numbers , they're about getting smarter ppl that can dictate where their dollar will be in the long run. Anyone can throw big numbers out in the end it's about how reliable it will be. This is why the Lfa had its rev limit cut short so it stays true to what Lexus is about.

Cadillac released a cts-v with 640hp dodge has the hellcat 707hp, guess who will be chasing those numbers The Germans lol .Maybe Lexus will one day shock us all and throw twin turbos on the 5.0 and call it some Black Label , but I wouldn't bet on it .
It may not be about chasing numbers, but they will not break into these market segments if they are not a little smarter.

You kind of miss the boat here though. I am German auto buyer. I have owned just about every high-end Porsche, BMW and Audi made including a $ 449,000 CGT purchased new, various GT3 RSs, GT3 Cup cars and a whole bunch of 911 turbos. Cadillac could put a 1,000 hp motor in the CTS and it would still be an ugly POS that I would not consider. Same thing with the Hellcat.

Lexus designs have the potential to lure the German high end high performance sedan buyers, but not with what I envision the GS F numbers to be. This is precisely the reasons the RC F has not been able to capture the BMW M and RS purchasers as Lexus had hoped.

My crystal ball tells me that a GS F with 460 hp will be a flop. People buying the GS already won't opt for the higher performance car and people in the high performance sedan market will to pay those prices will not even consider the GS F with those numbers.

Lexus is trying to appeal to new a market, but they may be going about it in the wrong way. German car guys are snobs and it will take more than pretty looks to lure them away to cars such as the GS F.

Last edited by DougHII; 06-27-15 at 10:47 AM.
Old 06-27-15, 10:43 AM
ForzaF
Pole Position

Well then you just proved your own point.
Gsf Rcf Isf is just a small margin market profit . It's to bring ppl like you into the showroom and steal a sale from yet another German car purchase. It clearly worked , their marketing department is brilliant .
Old 06-27-15, 10:52 AM
DougHII
Lexus Test Driver

Well then you just proved your own point.
Gsf Rcf Isf is just a small margin market profit . It's to bring ppl like you into the showroom and steal a sale from yet another German car purchase. It clearly worked , their marketing department is brilliant .

A 500 hp, 3,700 pund RC F would have taken market share from the M crowd and 911 purchasers. Another missed opportunity. Lexus is current in design, but about ten years behind in performance for those designs.

Last edited by DougHII; 06-29-15 at 05:40 PM.
Old 06-27-15, 11:22 AM
ForzaF
Pole Position

I already stated my point , Lexus is not in the **** measuring contest.
They just started establishing their F performance group few years ago, how long has M division been around or amg or the 911? they are well established to get more buyers. Besides the point Isf only 12000 something units sold globally , the Rcf will most likely sell more , but it's a bonus for me as the Isf will hold better value compared to the c63amg or m3. I also don't see the Isf on every other corner of the street. The gsf will not cost 90k those are just speculations I bet it'll start off close to what a Rcf is maybe 5k more.
Just look at what a rc350f sport and the Rcf costs , take that gap and add it to the Gs f sport and you'll be within the price range of what the GSF will cost .
Old 06-27-15, 11:54 AM
DougHII
Lexus Test Driver

I already stated my point , Lexus is not in the **** measuring contest.
They just started establishing their F performance group few years ago, how long has M division been around or amg or the 911? they are well established to get more buyers. Besides the point Isf only 12000 something units sold globally , the Rcf will most likely sell more , but it's a bonus for me as the Isf will hold better value compared to the c63amg or m3. I also don't see the Isf on every other corner of the street. The gsf will not cost 90k those are just speculations I bet it'll start off close to what a Rcf is maybe 5k more.
Just look at what a rc350f sport and the Rcf costs , take that gap and add it to the Gs f sport and you'll be within the price range of what the GSF will cost .
Lol, nothing to with my original point.

The RC F-Sport would not even bing to attract performance number enthusiasts. A coupe with those numbers is abysmal. The point of my original post is that a GS F with only 460 hp ain't gonna to cut it and will in fact lag behind and Lexus dropped the ball big time on a good opportunity.

If you don't think, its cool. We shall see. I have to say the new RX is butt ugly also. I really think the Lexus marketing department needs their heads examined. Lets just watch the sales figures to see if I am wrong.

Last edited by DougHII; 06-28-15 at 03:59 PM.

Quick Reply: RC F vs GS F, which would you choose?