RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

RC F vs GS F, which would you choose?

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-15, 04:47 PM
DrRick
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by johnnyreb
If you're a Family Man get the GS F, IF you're a Family Man that Still has a LIFE get the RC-F & let the Wife get a Van! (my wife would hit me if she knew i said that, Lol!)
Ehhhh....

I just got married last year. Have no kids. I've ALWAYS opted for the fast 4 door cars. Part for the utility...part for the sleeper-ness. If you REALLY have a 'life'...why not get a 2 seater? Buying a 2 door car that weighs as much as a 4 door car, just because it has 2 less doors, reeks of trying to hang on to lost youth.

The only reason to pick a RCF over the GSF is because of subjective preference of the looks. And that's fine. But let's not make it more about being an 'alpha' when you could easily buy a Caymen. Hahahahahaha

Last edited by DrRick; 06-02-15 at 08:51 PM.
Old 06-02-15, 05:44 PM
tea
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

GSF hands down. the rc/rcf is pretty ugly to me
Old 06-03-15, 05:21 AM
Carnevino
Advanced

Received 162 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by tea
GSF hands down. the rc/rcf is pretty ugly to me
To me they look similar with the exception of the extra two doors. I've owned a handful of high performance cars as many others on this forum have and the IS & IS F would never pop up on my radar as a car I'd ever consider. Possibly because I've dated women that have driven the ISF and it just doesn't appeal to me in a "guy" kinda way. Could be because I've built Subarus that can run circles around them. Slapping some headers and an exhaust on a car isn't really "modding" a car compared to tearing the block apart and getting the internals exchanged......this is what I love to do to my cars....heavy modifications. When Lexus came out with the RC F it drew my attention and I've been wanting to take a break from heavy modding until the next gen GTR is released. I love the looks of the RC F......makes no difference if it had four doors or just two, I just like it and really enjoy the car. Bringing up the weight issue is getting kinda old. Drive/buy what "you" like.....who cares what others think. I've seen more than a few members on here go from their IS F to an RC F and have no regrets on their decision. I don't see anyone driving an RC F and trading it in for an IS platform. I guess we could ask if you'd prefer a 911 or a Panamera? You could go back and comb through this thread and 99% of the haters all drive the IS platform. Bravo to Lexus for bringing in a different kind of buyer into their brand. I think the RC F has a lot of room to grow if Lexus engineers stride to improve it, but for a first gen RC platform I think they did a pretty good job, otherwise I wouldn't have stroked a check for the full amount. The GS F looks fantastic as well, although I think it could use IMO some more ponies to giddy up with and make it more competitive. My buddy just took ownership of the new C63 AMG S, and I'll be honest......I'm drooling over it. So,the four door argument doesn't sway my decision one way or the other. I pick the RC F.
Old 06-03-15, 10:19 AM
tea
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Carnevino
To me they look similar with the exception of the extra two doors. I've owned a handful of high performance cars as many others on this forum have and the IS & IS F would never pop up on my radar as a car I'd ever consider. Possibly because I've dated women that have driven the ISF and it just doesn't appeal to me in a "guy" kinda way. Could be because I've built Subarus that can run circles around them. Slapping some headers and an exhaust on a car isn't really "modding" a car compared to tearing the block apart and getting the internals exchanged......this is what I love to do to my cars....heavy modifications. When Lexus came out with the RC F it drew my attention and I've been wanting to take a break from heavy modding until the next gen GTR is released. I love the looks of the RC F......makes no difference if it had four doors or just two, I just like it and really enjoy the car. Bringing up the weight issue is getting kinda old. Drive/buy what "you" like.....who cares what others think. I've seen more than a few members on here go from their IS F to an RC F and have no regrets on their decision. I don't see anyone driving an RC F and trading it in for an IS platform. I guess we could ask if you'd prefer a 911 or a Panamera? You could go back and comb through this thread and 99% of the haters all drive the IS platform. Bravo to Lexus for bringing in a different kind of buyer into their brand. I think the RC F has a lot of room to grow if Lexus engineers stride to improve it, but for a first gen RC platform I think they did a pretty good job, otherwise I wouldn't have stroked a check for the full amount. The GS F looks fantastic as well, although I think it could use IMO some more ponies to giddy up with and make it more competitive. My buddy just took ownership of the new C63 AMG S, and I'll be honest......I'm drooling over it. So,the four door argument doesn't sway my decision one way or the other. I pick the RC F.
OK.... I thought we were talking about the gsf and rcf, not ISF.
Old 06-03-15, 12:01 PM
Carnevino
Advanced

Received 162 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by tea
OK.... I thought we were talking about the gsf and rcf, not ISF.
I'm pretty sure I said I'd pick the RC F regardless of the number of doors (as per Dr.Rick) all while calling your car "pretty ugly to me".
Old 06-03-15, 01:33 PM
tea
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Carnevino
I'm pretty sure I said I'd pick the RC F regardless of the number of doors (as per Dr.Rick) all while calling your car "pretty ugly to me".
OK. Nice talking to you. The rcf is still ugly to me
Old 06-03-15, 02:20 PM
damtachoa
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tea
There are only three things I like about this car the sport seat, the gauges, and the engine. The rest you can smash with hammer.
Old 06-03-15, 04:28 PM
DzNutz
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tea
Funny that's what I say when I see a nicer car than mines.
Old 06-03-15, 05:27 PM
tea
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by DzNutz
Funny that's what I say when I see a nicer car than mines.
ah... no wonder there's so much hate for the M3/M4 on here.
Old 06-03-15, 08:06 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by tea
ah... no wonder there's so much hate for the M3/M4 on here.
teabo, WHY would there be Love on a LEXUS Forum for the BMW cars? I'm SURE IF i go over to the BMW forum & try to Push the RCF on them, they're going to LOVE it! you've been a member on here since 2013 WHY are you HATIN' so much on a Lexus IN a Lexus Forum, WHAT did you EXPECT? Can you NOT afford the RCF?
Old 06-03-15, 09:19 PM
tea
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by johnnyreb
teabo, WHY would there be Love on a LEXUS Forum for the BMW cars? I'm SURE IF i go over to the BMW forum & try to Push the RCF on them, they're going to LOVE it! you've been a member on here since 2013 WHY are you HATIN' so much on a Lexus IN a Lexus Forum, WHAT did you EXPECT? Can you NOT afford the RCF?
i don't blindly follow a whole car company just because i like some of the vehicles they offer. this thread was created to ask which you would choose between the GSF and RCF. I chose the GSF because i think the RCF is ugly. Then a couple of people are jumping on me because i chose to criticize their car. Affordability has nothing to do with me not liking the RCF, i just don't think it looks nice. I cannot afford a 458 Italia, but that is one sexy beast. Of course, these are my opinions, as i'm sure your opinions/tastes are different than mine. I didn't know having to love all Lexus products is a rule to be a member on Club Lexus.
Old 06-12-15, 01:35 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

GSF hands down because I can't fit in the RCF with a helmet. Doesn't make sense to me to own an F car and never track the car. If you didn't want to hit the track buy an F sport
Old 06-12-15, 09:11 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
GSF hands down because I can't fit in the RCF with a helmet. Doesn't make sense to me to own an F car and never track the car. If you didn't want to hit the track buy an F sport
What Doesn't Make Sense to Me is WHY would you pay $70k+ to Track a Car when like you said on your Sig. get an ISF for what $20-30k less & Mod the Hell out of it & Track IT! YOU said it's the PERFECT Car for BOTH! to me the RCF is NOT a Track Car!
Old 06-12-15, 09:17 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Originally Posted by tea
i don't blindly follow a whole car company just because i like some of the vehicles they offer. this thread was created to ask which you would choose between the GSF and RCF. I chose the GSF because i think the RCF is ugly. Then a couple of people are jumping on me because i chose to criticize their car. Affordability has nothing to do with me not liking the RCF, i just don't think it looks nice. I cannot afford a 458 Italia, but that is one sexy beast. Of course, these are my opinions, as i'm sure your opinions/tastes are different than mine. I didn't know having to love all Lexus products is a rule to be a member on Club Lexus.
I'm NOT a Big Lexus Guy, ONLY one i've ever even looked at was the LS460! I'd Never even looked at ANY other Lexus Models other than it & the Only reason i knew about the RCF was when we went to pick up my wife's LS & the RCF was on the Showroom Floor (1st time i'd EVER even saw or Heard of it)! & LOVED the way it LOOKED!
Old 06-13-15, 03:19 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,127 Likes on 1,297 Posts

Tea, I'd like for you to exit this thread please. You've shared your opinion and most of your replies beyond that are simply baiting and not needed here.

Quick Reply: RC F vs GS F, which would you choose?