RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

RC F vs GS F, which would you choose?

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-15, 01:33 PM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by DrRick
Since when did the E92 have similar times as the M4?
one of the magazines tested the 6MT new M3 and compared it with the 6MT E90 and the times were similar. Yet the new M will defeat the old one on the track. Point I was making is the RCF will do the same to the ISF. 0-60 and 1/4 mile times arent clear indicators. If we're are gonna focus on those two metrics, there are far cheaper options.
Old 05-17-15, 09:04 PM
theory816
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Rcf. I just dont like the idea of a 500hp family sedan. Its stupid. No ones going to want to race you and your car looks tacky. Gs class is suppose to be a comfort ride and f sport is as high as ill go with the car and even then thats pushing it and I rather have the black wood trim interior as oppose to an all carbon fiber interior. Come on guys, its an upper class mid size sedan and your rocking carbon fiber and quad mufflers? RCF ok, ISF ok, GSF no. Dont get me wrong, the car looks badass but its not a car you go F mode on. So imo its a waste of money the gsf.
Old 05-18-15, 05:48 AM
DrRick
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by theory816
Rcf. I just dont like the idea of a 500hp family sedan. Its stupid. No ones going to want to race you and your car looks tacky. Gs class is suppose to be a comfort ride and f sport is as high as ill go with the car and even then thats pushing it and I rather have the black wood trim interior as oppose to an all carbon fiber interior. Come on guys, its an upper class mid size sedan and your rocking carbon fiber and quad mufflers? RCF ok, ISF ok, GSF no. Dont get me wrong, the car looks badass but its not a car you go F mode on. So imo its a waste of money the gsf.
You're entitled to your opinion...although I'm not sure why an upper midsize car can't be fun, too.
Old 05-18-15, 07:23 AM
redspencer
OG Member

Received 529 Likes on 314 Posts

I guess you also don't approve of the upcoming Cadillac CTS-V with its 640 HP.
Old 05-18-15, 02:06 PM
drbazing
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

E60 M5 was probably fun as heck. Why not the GSF? Some people just want to get both the GS luxuriousness with the F excitement.
Old 05-19-15, 02:15 AM
theory816
Lead Lap

Its just so impractical. It wont be a good DD and it wont be good weekend car either. Weekend cars are usually coupes for those have have the option of buyin a weekend car. thats just my reasons for RCF>GSF. Plus with a car that expensive it seems like the trim gets downgraded because who wants all nuluxe on a 80k car.

Last edited by theory816; 05-19-15 at 02:22 AM.
Old 05-23-15, 01:05 AM
JaponesV8
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Its just so impractical. It wont be a good DD and it wont be good weekend car either. Weekend cars are usually coupes for those have have the option of buyin a weekend car. thats just my reasons for RCF>GSF. Plus with a car that expensive it seems like the trim gets downgraded because who wants all nuluxe on a 80k car.
To make such a statement leads me to believe you've never actually even been in an RCF. The car drives so tamely when desired.

If you want a "weekend car" get a used Porsche Turbo. Will absolutely murder/destroy a RCF at only a marginally higher price.
Old 05-23-15, 03:24 AM
DougHII
Lexus Test Driver

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

Neither. LF-LC.

http://www.lexus.com/concept/LFLC/
Attached Thumbnails RC F vs GS F, which would you choose?-02-fcv-lflc-2000x1100-lflc-194.jpeg  
Old 05-23-15, 02:45 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by yok3dIS
Coming from a previous 4GS owner and no family, I actually would choose the RCF. From the nice clean lines, its menacing stance and throaty engine, I'd go for the coupe.
This is what I don't understand! Everyone is Only talking about hp, weight, etc... To me there is NO Comparison in looks, RC-F beats them Both Hands Down! Jmo!
Old 05-23-15, 09:19 PM
biggame
Lead Lap

Received 124 Likes on 82 Posts

That's why there are options (like opinions) something for everyone. You can stay with the 306hp option. For others who like to have the "HP" along with the room of a 4 door sedan, there is the GSF. Also, It's not always about the race. Why would you say "your car would look tacky'?

I have to disagree!! Why would it not be a practical DD? Because of the HP, fuel economy? There are many that drive much more HP cars as daily drivers. It's all a matter of opinion. Also, who says you have to have a coupe for a weekend car? That my friend is an old and out dated opinion. I've had the luck to afford many high end cars both coupe's and sedans, and I prefer the sedan.
Again it's all a preference..
Old 05-25-15, 04:58 AM
asinow
Pit Crew

Received 34 Likes on 14 Posts

Nice car. When will it no longer be a concept?

RC F for me

Originally Posted by DougHII
Old 05-25-15, 08:22 AM
gs400jon
Advanced

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Wink

I tried the NuLuxe seats before ordering my RC F. After sliding a bit with all previous cars with leather, LS460's in particular, this seat was a welcome change. IMHO it goes better with the exceptional seats in keeping my butt planted. I can hardly wait to drive the RC F each day, especially during the break in period. I love it!
Old 05-25-15, 03:55 PM
SoaringSC
Pit Crew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For me it's the RC F hands down, unless I have a family and don't have another 4-door.
Old 05-25-15, 06:31 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Originally Posted by DrRick
You're entitled to your opinion...although I'm not sure why an upper midsize car can't be fun, too.
It CAN be Fun, just Not as a Sports Car, Chick Car kind of Fun! 4 door = FAMILY MAN!
Old 05-25-15, 06:44 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Originally Posted by redspencer
I guess you also don't approve of the upcoming Cadillac CTS-V with its 640 HP.
I'm sorry, it's a Cadillac! I Don't care How Many Horses it has, it's a CADDY! I Don't care if it beats an RC-F by 2 sec.s in the quarter, it's a CADILLAC! kinda like a Vette, they're just NOT Cool anymore (though the new ones look A LOT better) & they're on every other corner! of Course this is just Personal Opinion & this is MINE!

Quick Reply: RC F vs GS F, which would you choose?