RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

RC F vs GS F, which would you choose?

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-15, 05:43 PM
Bakewalk
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by natnut
But those buying the GS-F are probably also looking at the much increased interior space and luxury of the GS-F.

Basically they want a family super sedan. The IS-F and RC-F won't cut it in terms of utility.
True. But I still firmly believe Lexus failed with the RCF and GSF. They needed to change the motor to either Turbo V8 or Turbo V6. Going with the same motor as the ISF with a new ECU tune *basically* was not enough to make us ISF owners upgrade... They failed to speak to us current owners to say, hey, come get another 150hp with a Turbo V8... The added weight of the RCF and GSF nullify any real gains of the new platform.

Very underwhelming Lexus, you could have, and should have... done better!
Old 03-26-15, 05:58 PM
JaponesV8
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bakewalk
True. But I still firmly believe Lexus failed with the RCF and GSF. They needed to change the motor to either Turbo V8 or Turbo V6. Going with the same motor as the ISF with a new ECU tune *basically* was not enough to make us ISF owners upgrade... They failed to speak to us current owners to say, hey, come get another 150hp with a Turbo V8... The added weight of the RCF and GSF nullify any real gains of the new platform.

My understanding is the ONLY similarity in engines is the block and light years away from a ECU and tune....

The RCF destroys the ISF and looks better/feels more comfortable doing it.
Old 03-26-15, 06:03 PM
JaponesV8
Driver

Originally Posted by DrRick
yeah...im thinking about $85-88K with all the bells and whistles...
I'm not sure where everyone is getting 85k-90k

RC350 $42,790
RCF $62,400

GS350 $48,600
GSF $68,390?
Old 03-26-15, 06:24 PM
Ryanmcd
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JaponesV8
I'm not sure where everyone is getting 85k-90k

RC350 $42,790
RCF $62,400

GS350 $48,600
GSF $68,390?

The RCF is 62k base as well fully loaded is 80k so add 10-20k on the GSF price.
Old 03-26-15, 06:46 PM
Orion
Rookie

I'm actually hoping that they come out with an RX F which would fill more of a need for me than the GS. Drop the same V8 from the RC F and GS F into the new RX and we could have something that could surpass the Macan Turbo with better reliability, better sound, at a lower price.
Old 03-27-15, 04:51 PM
JaponesV8
Driver

Originally Posted by Bakewalk

New or redesigned parts include:
•Cylinder heads and cam covers
•Crankshaft: crank pin diameter, connecting rod big-end bearing size and crank counter-weight size are all reduced, to reduce reciprocating weight
•Crank main bearings and caps
•High-strength forged connecting rods
•Pistons and piston rings
•Titanium inlet and exhaust valves
•Intake manifold and throttle body
•Redesigned Variable Valve Timing-intelligent Electric motor (VVT-iE)
•Revised Lexus D-4S dual injection system
•Four-into-one exhaust headers and heat insulators
•Oil pan and baffle plate
•Alternator clutch system
•Engine and transmission oil coolers
•Spark plugs

Digging Into the Metal
•The new cylinder heads improve the 2UR-GSE engine’s breathing with improved porting and a high-flow/high tumble ratio. In addition, intake surge-tank capacity has been optimized, as have the intake manifold runner length and diameter.
•The new oil pan baffle shape reduces agitation and hence friction, while new air-to-oil coolers for the engine oil and transmission fluid increase track suitability.
•The Lexus D-4S dual-injection system has been redesigned, with higher injection pressure of 2,611 psi and improved fuel atomization.
•The throttle diameter was increased by 10 percent, from 3 to 3.3 inches (84 mm).
•A new intake camshaft profile increases valve lift and suits the Atkinson cycle, while improvements to the electronic VVT-iE system have expanded its range of operation for increased fuel economy and performance.
•New four-into-two exhaust headers help reduce interference and hence further improve engine breathing. The larger-diameter exhaust system is designed to reduce backpressure and sound amazing, especially under acceleration. At the same time, the main muffler keeps things from getting too rowdy at lower speeds.
•As a final touch, the new 2UR-GSE engine has a one-way clutch on the alternator pulley.
Old 03-30-15, 05:29 AM
MRxSLAYx
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by JaponesV8
New or redesigned parts include:
•Cylinder heads and cam covers
•Crankshaft: crank pin diameter, connecting rod big-end bearing size and crank counter-weight size are all reduced, to reduce reciprocating weight
•Crank main bearings and caps
•High-strength forged connecting rods
•Pistons and piston rings
•Titanium inlet and exhaust valves
•Intake manifold and throttle body
•Redesigned Variable Valve Timing-intelligent Electric motor (VVT-iE)
•Revised Lexus D-4S dual injection system
•Four-into-one exhaust headers and heat insulators
•Oil pan and baffle plate
•Alternator clutch system
•Engine and transmission oil coolers
•Spark plugs

Digging Into the Metal
•The new cylinder heads improve the 2UR-GSE engine’s breathing with improved porting and a high-flow/high tumble ratio. In addition, intake surge-tank capacity has been optimized, as have the intake manifold runner length and diameter.
•The new oil pan baffle shape reduces agitation and hence friction, while new air-to-oil coolers for the engine oil and transmission fluid increase track suitability.
•The Lexus D-4S dual-injection system has been redesigned, with higher injection pressure of 2,611 psi and improved fuel atomization.
•The throttle diameter was increased by 10 percent, from 3 to 3.3 inches (84 mm).
•A new intake camshaft profile increases valve lift and suits the Atkinson cycle, while improvements to the electronic VVT-iE system have expanded its range of operation for increased fuel economy and performance.
•New four-into-two exhaust headers help reduce interference and hence further improve engine breathing. The larger-diameter exhaust system is designed to reduce backpressure and sound amazing, especially under acceleration. At the same time, the main muffler keeps things from getting too rowdy at lower speeds.
•As a final touch, the new 2UR-GSE engine has a one-way clutch on the alternator pulley.
The changes are very minimal... And after seeing what happened after a local RCF raced an ISF, they honestly mean nothing up to this point in the game.
Old 03-30-15, 08:16 AM
Ryanmcd
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MRxSLAYx
The changes are very minimal... And after seeing what happened after a local RCF raced an ISF, they honestly mean nothing up to this point in the game.
I would think they are about the same speed, was the ISF stock?
Old 03-30-15, 08:20 AM
kareemRCF
Driver

Not true, I had street run in vs a modded ISF and me in a stock RCF... there was no comparison at all, the ISF got murdered.
Old 03-30-15, 08:40 AM
MRxSLAYx
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Ryanmcd
I would think they are about the same speed, was the ISF stock?
Stock to stock they are pretty much the same speed. The Isf had a cat delete and was able to pull every time.

Originally Posted by kareemRCF
Not true, I had street run in vs a modded ISF and me in a stock RCF... there was no comparison at all, the ISF got murdered.
Either he wasn't racing or had no idea how to drive. Stock to stock the Isf and RCF trap near identically.
Old 03-31-15, 07:17 AM
LexISguy
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Who Won the race what were the results? Any video of the encounter?

Last edited by LexISguy; 03-31-15 at 07:22 AM.
Old 03-31-15, 07:50 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

put both cars on a track, RCF will defeat the ISF. E92 and M4 have similar 0-60 and 1/4 miles but M4 would beat the old one on a track easily. Picked the wrong type of cars if you're worried about drag racing.
Old 03-31-15, 10:58 AM
DrRick
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 4TehNguyen
put both cars on a track, RCF will defeat the ISF. E92 and M4 have similar 0-60 and 1/4 miles but M4 would beat the old one on a track easily. Picked the wrong type of cars if you're worried about drag racing.
Since when did the E92 have similar times as the M4?
Old 03-31-15, 11:39 AM
Lexura1414
Lexus Test Driver

Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by DrRick
Since when did the E92 have similar times as the M4?
Exactly. 0-60 for the M4 is 3.9 and the 1/4 is more like 12.2 seconds in the REAL world. You need the MOST optimal conditions and a great driver to extract these numbers from the M3.

With regards to the RC-F and IS-F, the power to weight ratio of the two cars are close. So, given the same drivers and conditions. no car will MURDER the other.
Old 03-31-15, 12:07 PM
Lexura1414
Lexus Test Driver

Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by kareemRCF
How modded was the IS-F? A fully bolted IS-F pushes almost 500 crank HPs. Also, a fully bolted IS-F would be a little lighter than a stock F. So tell me how does a heavier stock RC-F with less power murder a modded IS-F? RC-F driver is Lewis Hamilton? IS-F driver is a retard?

Quick Reply: RC F vs GS F, which would you choose?