Build Threads Details on Club Lexus RC-F owner vehicles

Zydan RC-F Build Thread - White w/Circuit Red

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-15, 12:53 PM
xbladex00
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Carnevino
Yes, they should ALWAYS give you the results back. My question is why is the alignment so out of whack for just adding lowering springs?! That shouldn't have happened in my experiences with just a spring swap. I would get an alignment, not saying that at all..... Just being out like that is kinda weird. The car and the wheels look fantastic. Nicest Vossens I've ever seen. I'm with Diesel350, it "appears" to me, and I'm not an alignment tech that it's still not aligned according to the specs. Maybe someone that knows more will chime in. Sweet wheels and build regardless!!
I'll admit after i got the car after the alignment everything felt better, but i also feel some crowning on the road but didnt expect to have to fight it.... So should I even bother going back and asking for it or just never go back their again? plus the guy said he would put new rotors for 800$ I bought them and installed myself for about $400
Old 06-18-15, 06:00 AM
Zydan
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just placed my order through Speed Freaks group buy for the Carbotech brake pads. Expect reviews once received and installed, I prob could have dealt with the OEM brake pad dusting (although excessive), but squeezing while braking at low speeds constantly is just embarrassing.

Last edited by Zydan; 06-21-15 at 08:47 PM.
Old 06-26-15, 05:25 PM
Zydan
Driver

Default Gthaus

So it's about that time!

What do you guys think, classic Oval, or the round? I'm preferring the round, looks more agressive.

And lets not forget the very first sound clip, those pops at the end, sounds like a beast!
I got the clip from GTHAUS instagram, and uploaded it to youtube so I can share it, so not my car or my video, but hopefully I'll have videos of my own to share soon.

Old 06-26-15, 09:52 PM
RCFormante
Supercharged!

Received 61 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Zydan
So it's about that time!

What do you guys think, classic Oval, or the round? I'm preferring the round, looks more agressive.

And lets not forget the very first sound clip, those pops at the end, sounds like a beast!
I got the clip from GTHAUS instagram, and uploaded it to youtube so I can share it, so not my car or my video, but hopefully I'll have videos of my own to share soon.

https://youtu.be/2qd48dHGGUo
I am getting the oval on mines, the round looks out of place to me. More vids to come soon.
Old 06-29-15, 11:09 AM
FR500GT
Lead Lap

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

My vote is for the round, but that's just me.
Old 06-30-15, 09:41 AM
BPauto
Former Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

WOW! The build is really clean! I love the rear wheel fitment too.

My vote is round on the exhaust. I also think it looks more aggressive and sporty. Oval tends to look a bit more luxurious and classy. Either way it would look great.
Old 06-30-15, 10:46 AM
kareemRCF
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Zydan
So it's about that time!

https://youtu.be/2qd48dHGGUo
did you ever find out how much does this system go for? The full catback system with valves and round tips?
Old 06-30-15, 11:29 AM
ModInJapan
Lexus Enthusiasts

Received 275 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by kareemRCF
did you ever find out how much does this system go for? The full catback system with valves and round tips?
If you have any questions about the Meisterschaft system, we would love to answer and assist you! We are an authorized vendor! Feel free to pm or email us!

-Josh (Jlee@modinjapan.com)
Old 07-03-15, 07:55 AM
Zydan
Driver

I placed my order for GTHAUS exhaust paired with the optional mid LSR Pipe (with velocity chamber), from what I understand first batch only had one left as of yesterday with a delivery date end of August.
It's definitely one of the pricier exhausts, but absolutely worth it, pricing is up on the website. I decided to go round tips and comes with remote for valve control, also looks like valves will be able to be controlled via Bluetooth interface. So exited!

Also Carbotech brakepads from Speedfreaks scheduled to be delivered today, should have them in tomorrow, so expect reviews and pictures soon..

In the meantime I leave you with this video, includes dyno numbers at the end showing improvements of 46 wheel horsepower and 19 wheel torque (ft/lbs), GTHAUS is a beast, had it on my G37 and so happy to have it again!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gx4zgY...ature=youtu.be

Oh and Happy 4th weekend!

Last edited by Zydan; 07-03-15 at 08:08 AM.
Old 07-03-15, 08:16 AM
DougHII
Lexus Test Driver

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

Round for me. Gotta say that those gold wheels actually looked really cool on the blue car.
Old 07-06-15, 06:58 PM
Zydan
Driver

Default SpeedFreaks Group Buy - Carbotech 100 mile review

So I got these pads in on Friday and did the install Saturday, had a friend help me and was very straight forward normal brake pad replacement, everything fit perfectly, and only slight issue was the back brakes and placement of rear sensor was on bottom instead of top, but easily stretched to fit.

I started with perfectly clean wheels and have drove aprox 100 miles since install. I took pictures at 45 miles and again at almost 100, the rear wheels practically have no brake dust. The fronts do have some as to be expected, but even that is going to be exaggerated because I did some bedding during this first run.

Also when I first installed they did sequel, but after bedding them in with some hard braking at various speeds after the first 20 miles I haven't heard a peep out of them. I will continue to update, but as of now I am very happy.
Honestly I haven't noticed any loss in performance, but I never was one to drive aggressively anyways!

Unboxing

Front Brake comparison top and bottom, OEM on the Right

Rear Brake comparison top and bottom, OEM on the left

First 45 mile Brake Dust Front and Rear

At almost 100 miles, front and rear.

Old 07-06-15, 07:35 PM
Z3NK1
Lead Lap

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

Thanks for the update and comparison! It's nice to have real world reviews
Old 07-06-15, 09:05 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Received 60 Likes on 50 Posts

Thanks Z, she's coming Along Buddy! Thanks for the Pics
Old 07-06-15, 10:44 PM
BossHu
Rookie

thanks for sharing! that's def a good option to consider... hate brake dust...
Old 07-09-15, 01:32 PM
SpeedFreaksUSA
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 37 Posts

Thank you for taking photos and documenting the install process! Happy to hear you like them and didn't have too many issues with these initial prototype backplates. We still have some revisions to make with the sensor but all in all not too bad for the first versions.

-Matt M.

Quick Reply: Zydan RC-F Build Thread - White w/Circuit Red