RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Who will you trust to wash your RCF?

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-15, 02:38 PM
Flilady
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Who will you trust to wash your RCF?

Who will you trust to wash your RCF?

I would not let my autospa touch it due to damage to my previous vehicles. Lexus dealer? Though I love to hand wash, that is not always possible. Suggestions?
Old 03-02-15, 04:35 PM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

find a detailer that knows what they are doing. Dealer would be even worse than an auto spa
Old 03-02-15, 05:10 PM
FSportIS
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

YOU! Learn a proper 2-bucket wash method and you will have a beautiful car as always. Here is the proper guide to do this http://www.detailedimage.com/Auto-De...ng-and-Drying/

To avoid swirls, do NOT, i repeat, do NOT let any autospa, leaderships wash your car with the machine and even so called hand wash. They usually use wrong techniques and use the same towel to dry hundred of cars.

A professional detailer who has good reputation should do the job.

Also, I HIGHLY recommend you apply a paint coating such as Carpro Cquartz Finest by an AUTHORIZED installer RIGHT AWAY when your car is brand new. This will keep your car paint good for years to come.
For more information, http://cquartz.com/cquartz-finest/

Disclaimer: I don't work for Carpro. I'm their consumer who have tried out their coating and really love it!
Old 03-02-15, 05:30 PM
DrRick
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by FSportIS
YOU! Learn a proper 2-bucket wash method and you will have a beautiful car as always. Here is the proper guide to do this http://www.detailedimage.com/Auto-De...ng-and-Drying/

To avoid swirls, do NOT, i repeat, do NOT let any autospa, leaderships wash your car with the machine and even so called hand wash. They usually use wrong techniques and use the same towel to dry hundred of cars.

A professional detailer who has good reputation should do the job.

Also, I HIGHLY recommend you apply a paint coating such as Carpro Cquartz Finest by an AUTHORIZED installer RIGHT AWAY when your car is brand new. This will keep your car paint good for years to come.
For more information, http://cquartz.com/cquartz-finest/

Disclaimer: I don't work for Carpro. I'm their consumer who have tried out their coating and really love it!
THIS!!!!

use a light polish like Meguiars M201 to remove all of the fine scratches that have occurred during the car's brief life. i know its new...but one bad wash can introduce swirls. hit it with the Cquartz or, my favorite, OptiCoat, to make sure the finish last for a long time. and then HAND WASH it. and that doesnt mean letting car washes that advertises hand washing. get a couple of buckets, a grip guard, a microfiber washing mitt and a sheepskin chamois. use them EVERY TIME you wash...

you have the chance, NOW, to keep you paint looking brand new. most of us wait until it's too late...
Old 03-02-15, 06:10 PM
Ryanmcd
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

A little off-topic but back in the day I loved the Zaino stuff and I do enjoy detailing a car, is this still some of the better product on the market or am I behind?
Old 03-02-15, 06:22 PM
Flilady
Driver School Candidate

I ordered mine last month, will I need to specify to dealer not to wash it before I take delivery?
Old 03-02-15, 06:35 PM
DrRick
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Ryanmcd
A little off-topic but back in the day I loved the Zaino stuff and I do enjoy detailing a car, is this still some of the better product on the market or am I behind?
zaino has been a watered down product now that its more commercially available. i would head to www.autogeek.net and just immerse yourself in the detail nerdfest!!!!
Old 03-02-15, 06:36 PM
DrRick
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Flilady
I ordered mine last month, will I need to specify to dealer not to wash it before I take delivery?
i wouldnt go that far. the car shouldnt have too much dirt and grime on it, especially since it will have the plastic/styrofoam coverings on it at delivery.
Old 03-02-15, 06:37 PM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

youll still have to clay bar the car after taking it home, lot of shipping crud is on the paint
Old 03-02-15, 06:42 PM
DrRick
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 4TehNguyen
youll still have to clay bar the car after taking it home, lot of shipping crud is on the paint
yeah....i skipped that step as the grime should be minimal since 1) there is minimal driving and 2) there's the plastic protection on the body panels. but it wouldnt hurt...
Old 03-02-15, 06:52 PM
RoiteTrom
Pole Position

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Flilady
Never have the dealership wash it. Especially if they used the machines. When I picked up my IS350 there were small scratch marks all over the car from the wash. I made sure they were all buffed out before I took it home.
Old 03-02-15, 06:53 PM
buckse
Rookie

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

I think someone posted on this forum that they have a new special paint on this car that will gradually eliminate small scratches and swirl marks, and they actually do NOT recommend a bunch of heavy wax or special coatings. I'll have to check the manual to see if this is real.
Old 03-02-15, 07:21 PM
ThaDRD
Intermediate

Originally Posted by buckse
I think someone posted on this forum that they have a new special paint on this car that will gradually eliminate small scratches and swirl marks, and they actually do NOT recommend a bunch of heavy wax or special coatings. I'll have to check the manual to see if this is real.
I know Xpel Ultimate PPF self heals minor scratches like those introduced by people who don't know how to wash a car correctly. I'm wrapping my entire ride with it when it comes in so I never have to worry if the dealer accidentally washes it when I told them no.
Old 03-03-15, 09:16 AM
Ryanmcd
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by buckse
Self-restoring coat
The vehicle body has a self-restoring coating
that is resistant to small surface scratches caused in a car wash etc.
● The coating lasts for 5 to 8 years from when
the vehicle is delivered from the plant.
● The restoration time differs depending on the depth of the scratch and outside temper-
ature. The restoration time may become shorter
when the coating is warmed by applying
warm water.

You are correct and I am getting the same color as you, We need to do a test and see what works best on this paint as I enjoy detailing cars

Here is my list so far

Chemical Guys CLY109 Light Duty Clay Bar
Chemical Guys GAP61916 Black Light Hybrid Radiant Finish Color Enhancer
Chemical Guys WAC11816 JetSeal Anti-Corrosion Sealant
Chemical Guys WAC302 5050 Limited Series Concours Paste Wax V2
Chemical Guys BUF209 Porter Cable 7424XP Detailing Complete Detailing Kit
Chemical Guys BUFX106HEX5 Hex-Logic Finishing Pad

Chemical Guys WAC80816 Hybrid V7 Optical
Chemical Guys MIC50612 Professional Grade Premium Microfiber Towels x2
Chemical Guys MIC78101 Waffle Weave Gray
Old 03-03-15, 09:23 AM
Flilady
Driver School Candidate

Is this true for the ultrasonic blue? I know the blue and red were premium paint options....so there would be no need for the cquartz finest on the usb?

Quick Reply: Who will you trust to wash your RCF?