RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

RCF Carbon Weight???

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-15, 01:31 PM
MRxSLAYx
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RCF Carbon Weight???

So I just test drove the RCF and had a good time. Car felt great and the interior is extremely impressive! I enjoyed the car, but my salesman picked up on the fact that the regular RCF doesn't do enough to get me out of my ISF. In response he recommended the carbon package thinking the more aggressive car would be up my alley.

How much does the RCF carbon package weigh? If the car can drop enough weight, ill probably pick one up to compliment my ISF since its priced really well at 80k
Old 02-25-15, 01:33 PM
Ryanmcd
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MRxSLAYx
So I just test drove the RCF and had a good time. Car felt great and the interior is extremely impressive! I enjoyed the car, but my salesman picked up on the fact that the regular RCF doesn't do enough to get me out of my ISF. In response he recommended the carbon package thinking the more aggressive car would be up my alley.

How much does the RCF carbon package weigh? If the car can drop enough weight, ill probably pick one up to compliment my ISF since its priced really well at 80k
About 0 due to the CF making up for the 75 pound TVD.
Old 02-25-15, 01:36 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

don't count on the cf parts dropping weight much. US does't even get the cf hood, so you get only the roof and the rear wing. i will give it few pounds

like ryanmcd said, the rvd alone adds good 70-80lb
Old 02-25-15, 01:41 PM
Ryanmcd
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
don't count on the cf parts dropping weight much. US does't even get the cf hood, so you get only the roof and the rear wing. i will give it few pounds

like ryanmcd said, the rvd alone adds good 70-80lb
I ordered mine w/o the moon roof and no TVD, maybe it's 30-40 pounds less but I wanted more headroom then anything.

Don't let the TVD fool you into thinking it's going to be faster, the only way that could be the case is it's the gear ratio is different or the car is spinning.
Old 02-25-15, 01:44 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 186 Likes on 127 Posts

Not 100% certain, but seems to me I saw somewhere that the TVD weight gain + carbon parts weight loss netted a weight loss of about 20 lbs. The driver being overweight can easily cancel that out
Old 02-25-15, 01:45 PM
MRxSLAYx
Lexus Champion

That's disappointing to hear as I found The fit and finish of the car amazing. It really does compete well with a 997 Porsche turbo in my opinion.
Old 02-25-15, 01:49 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 186 Likes on 127 Posts

That's disappointing to hear as I found The fit and finish of the car amazing. It really does compete well with a 997 Porsche turbo in my opinion.
Not a chance if it's the 991 Turbo, I sat in both within the last couple weeks, even for base 991, the Porsche interior is nicer. And you can get full leather option that covers just about all surfaces inside the Porsche, you will pay for it of course. But haviing the option to do that is great
Old 02-25-15, 02:06 PM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

said here its 4040# for carbon and TVD

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/..._f_first_test/

how did the engine, transmission, chassis, and suspension feel compared to your 12 ISF?
Old 02-25-15, 02:25 PM
MRxSLAYx
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 4TehNguyen
said here its 4040# for carbon and TVD

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/..._f_first_test/

how did the engine, transmission, chassis, and suspension feel compared to your 12 ISF?
The drive train didn't feel as peppy as my Isf, but my Isf isn't stock. Suspension felt great and the car was very planted on the road. Transmission felt almost exactly the same, but in all honestly I didn't get the chance to push the car to its limits.
Old 02-25-15, 02:59 PM
Carnevino
Advanced

Received 162 Likes on 90 Posts

The carbon package has a weight savings of ~15 lbs. if you have the TVD option that adds ~66 Lbs over an RC F without.
Old 02-25-15, 04:08 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by Ryanmcd
I ordered mine w/o the moon roof and no TVD, maybe it's 30-40 pounds less but I wanted more headroom then anything.

Don't let the TVD fool you into thinking it's going to be faster, the only way that could be the case is it's the gear ratio is different or the car is spinning.
most of the weight saving would be on the elimination on moonroof not the cf. i forgot but lexus internally has a slide on the weight saving, it's minimal. fwiw, on the e9x m3, between regular roof and cf roof the saving was less than 20lb

i am glad someone has spoken. stuff like tvd and lsd, unless you are really pushing the car to the limits, it's not going to make much of a difference. and according to a lot of posts, that's how a lot of drivers are

Originally Posted by Gojirra99
Not 100% certain, but seems to me I saw somewhere that the TVD weight gain + carbon parts weight loss netted a weight loss of about 20 lbs. The driver being overweight can easily cancel that out
i thought cf + tvd the car is actually heavier? especially US spec with no cf hood, there is no way the car can get lighter

in what way? the interior? the rcf is not bad but i think the 911 interior is much nicer, let alone turbo
Old 02-25-15, 04:36 PM
MRxSLAYx
Lexus Champion

in what way? the interior? the rcf is not bad but i think the 911 interior is much nicer, let alone turbo
Im comparing the RCF to a 997 turbo.. Having driven both the 997 turbo and RCF I can honestly say that the interiors are very comparable with the RCF having a slight advantage IMO
Old 02-25-15, 08:47 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,058 Likes on 586 Posts
Lightbulb

most of the weight saving would be on the elimination on moonroof not the cf. i forgot but lexus internally has a slide on the weight saving, it's minimal....
Found my post from review thread..

Once you factor in the TVD weight.. The 9 lbs is helpful..

Joe Z

Originally Posted by Joe Z

Also, the Carbon Hood, Roof & Wing Pkg is said to shave 10 kg in the region where the whole
package is offered..

That's only about 22 lbs..

In the USA the Carbon Fiber Roof & Wing Pkg will save only 4 kg (3.5 kg & .5 kg) or just under 9 lbs..!!

Joe Z
Old 02-26-15, 05:31 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

yea get rid of the moonroof to safe more weight. But most dealers order the $1200 moonroof option :|

hood was already aluminum so CF isnt going to save too much over that. The roof wasnt that big to begin with so not as big savings

Last edited by 4TehNguyen; 02-26-15 at 06:06 AM.
Old 02-26-15, 08:18 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,058 Likes on 586 Posts
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by 4TehNguyen
yea get rid of the moonroof to safe more weight. But most dealers order the $1200 moonroof option :|

hood was already aluminum so CF isnt going to save too much over that. The roof wasnt that big to begin with so not as big savings
The CF Hood shaves 6 kgs... or approx 13 lbs..

~ Joe Z

Quick Reply: RCF Carbon Weight???