RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

RC-F in Top Gear [22x06] March 1st

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-15, 09:15 AM
chris07is
Pole Position

Received 91 Likes on 65 Posts

Wow ive following this thread and alot of memebers are cancelling their order or not considering buying the rc f. Is it becuase of the review from car journalist. I think you guys should test drive the car and its competitor and see what suits your desire.
Old 03-03-15, 10:25 AM
FSportIS
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If we are really talking about performance that much and with this kind of budget, I would neither get the RCF nor the M4. Instead, I would save up some more G and go with either the Corvette or the GTR!!! End of discussion!

The only car from Lexus that is truly performance oriented and have proven to be one of the best with top Nurburgring lap times that beat many others and all that is the LFA. Other than that, all other Lexus vehicles have compromise performance with something else such as luxury, safety, and regulations.

Last edited by FSportIS; 03-03-15 at 10:30 AM.
Old 03-03-15, 10:49 AM
RNM GS3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 61 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by FSportIS
If we are really talking about performance that much and with this kind of budget, I would neither get the RCF nor the M4. Instead, I would save up some more G and go with either the Corvette or the GTR!!! End of discussion!

The only car from Lexus that is truly performance oriented and have proven to be one of the best with top Nurburgring lap times that beat many others and all that is the LFA. Other than that, all other Lexus vehicles have compromise performance with something else such as luxury, safety, and regulations.
RCF is a lot more useable than a Corvette.
It has rear seats and trunk space.

GTR is a lot more expensive and costs even more to maintain compared to RCF.
For over 100k - there are many choices like 911S, AM Vantage, R8.
Those cars to me are more appealing than a GTR.

Again RCF is a great car imo - ppl need to go and drive it.
Old 03-03-15, 10:53 AM
FSportIS
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by RNM GS3
RCF is a lot more useable than a Corvette.
It has rear seats and trunk space.

GTR is a lot more expensive and costs even more to maintain compared to RCF.
For over 100k - there are many choices like 911S, AM Vantage, R8.
Those cars to me are more appealing than a GTR.

Again RCF is a great car imo - ppl need to go and drive it.
I'm talking about performance oriented cars, not trunk space, not MPG, not whatever... but pure handling and speed.
Old 03-03-15, 11:04 AM
RNM GS3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 61 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by ISF001
I will express my opinion in this thread relentlessly--without begging permission.

This is not about validation. This is about deliberate misrepresentation on his part. I find that intolerable.

One's shortcomings are another's strengths. The RC F challenges conventional automotive wisdom. And it works quite well--my opinion. I also know the M4 has a list of major shortcomings--something this one time M driver will never again deal with on the road or the track.

Clarkson's view is consistent with most UK reviewers--no big surprise here.

Oh...no conspiracy theory at work here. The folks at TG are not that bright.
So why did JC and Top Gear dedicate 10 minutes to film amazing footage of the LFA - mind you a car that finished production YEARS ago!

He summed up the clip by saying LFA costs 5x more than RCF so he wasnt expecting the same level of performance but he was looking for the spirit of the car.

That is a valid point on his part.
You can love or hate him, but he is the only major journalist that still gives the LFA much needed exposure. Considering its by far the BEST car Lexus ever made, that should be a good thing.
JC know Lexus has the engineering prowess but the bean counters are in the way of Greatness.
As a Lexus fan - I concur with him and hope Mr. Toyoda is listening!

Last edited by RNM GS3; 03-03-15 at 12:00 PM.
Old 03-03-15, 11:08 AM
DrRick
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm talking about performance oriented cars, not trunk space, not MPG, not whatever... but pure handling and speed.
No one is buying the RCF for handling and speed, tho. Which makes the umbrage about clarkson's film that much more mystifying. If you're touting "363:2" why in the world are you so aggy about a test that's focusing on the "2"?
Old 03-03-15, 11:12 AM
DrRick
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RNM GS3
So why did JC and Top Gear dedicate 10 minutes to film amazing footage of the LFA - mind you a car that finished production YEARS ago!

He summed up the clip by saying LFA costs 5x more than RCF so he wasnt expecting the same level of performance but he was looking for the spirit of the car.

That is a valid point on his part.
You can love or hate him, but he is the only major journalist that still gives the LFA much needed exposure. Considering its by far the BEST car Lexus ever made, that should be a good thing.
JC know Lexus has the engineering prowess but the bean counters are in the way of Greatness.
As a Lexus fan - I concur with him and hope Mr. Toyoda is listining!
Between Top Gear and The Worlds Worst Car...the LFA has been featured FOUR times!!! But there's a conspiracy theory against lexus?
Old 03-03-15, 11:13 AM
FSportIS
Lexus Champion

I think by now we know that RCF are not on par with the competition in term of speed and handling through 0-60, quarter miles, figure 8, g force measurement and track times.That is not just opinion but a fact now.

Some of you who bought it will find some means to justify your purchase but performance of RCF is definitely not your validation. You know by heart that you bought it for some other reasons whether you admit or deny it. I love Lexus as I own 2 IS but don't be blinded by the facts RCF is not on par with the competition in term of handling and speed.

The few main advantages of RCF is Lexus reliability, plus the advanced interior technology and the exhaust sound. The look department is subjective and has a love/hate relationship: some really love it and some others just hate it.

Last edited by FSportIS; 03-03-15 at 11:16 AM.
Old 03-03-15, 11:54 AM
GTSLEX
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think by now we know that RCF are not on par with the competition in term of speed and handling through 0-60, quarter miles, figure 8, g force measurement and track times.That is not just opinion but a fact now.

Some of you who bought it will find some means to justify your purchase but performance of RCF is definitely not your validation. You know by heart that you bought it for some other reasons whether you admit or deny it. I love Lexus as I own 2 IS but don't be blinded by the facts RCF is not on par with the competition in term of handling and speed.

The few main advantages of RCF is Lexus reliability, plus the advanced interior technology and the exhaust sound. The look department is subjective and has a love/hate relationship: some really love it and some others just hate it.
Agreed.

Don't buy an RCF hoping to compete with M3 and C63 on pure performance. Buy RCF because it fits your needs and driving style.
Old 03-03-15, 12:42 PM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by ISF001
Clarkson believes Lamborghini has lost its essence of the bull with the new Huracan.

Do you believe this is a truth?
How do you measure essence?? Pretty easy to measure weight, speed, g-force, etc, etc.

OMG, You need some cheese with that whine.

Clarkson's job is to entertain, PERIOD! Which he did. Too bad you can't see it for what it is.
Old 03-03-15, 01:38 PM
xioix
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TimboIS
How do you measure essence?? Pretty easy to measure weight, speed, g-force, etc, etc.

OMG, You need some cheese with that whine.

Clarkson's job is to entertain, PERIOD! Which he did. Too bad you can't see it for what it is.
Lambos used to be fast and insane to control cars, but the new ones are easier to drive that you're no longer trying to tame the bull when driving it

They are probably better cars for it, but the thrill of not knowing of the car is going to lose control is gone, which was what made Lambos different. (besides the over the top styling)
Old 03-03-15, 01:48 PM
Lexura1414
Lexus Test Driver

Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts

Just surrender and admit it, RC-Failed.
Old 03-03-15, 02:28 PM
Lurker9
Pole Position

Received 99 Likes on 41 Posts
Default Interesting pattern

Pretty much every negative comment about the RC F came from current IS (F) people.
Old 03-03-15, 02:50 PM
FSportIS
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Lurker9
Pretty much every negative comment about the RC F came from current IS (F) people.
haha good find. ISF owners validate keeping their ISF and bash the brother RCF j/k
Old 03-03-15, 03:01 PM
obturator
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It's good for the RCF to get panned. If it affects sales then it will make Lexus come back with a better effort. A good review would only make them sit back on their laurels and continue to do what they do (bean count). Just look at the progressive improvements to the ISF. Its last iteration matched the M3. If there's any indication of effort or lack thereof on Lexus' part, just look at the soon to debut GSF. If you believe Lexus went "all in," then I will call your bluff because didn't Yaguchi state that more power could be extracted from the RCF engine?

Quick Reply: RC-F in Top Gear [22x06] March 1st