RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

RC-F in Top Gear [22x06] March 1st

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-15, 06:25 PM
dizlex
Intermediate

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by gyrase321
CR's resident car reviewers panned the Lexus IS, but did you see the result of the Consumer Report Reliability study for 2014? http://money.cnn.com/gallery/autos/2...ars/index.html

The IS is judged to be the most reliable luxury car of 2014. This is not the opinion of a handful of CR's reviewers. That's the collective wisdom of the millions of buyers of cars (i.e. the market) who responded to CR's survey. I put more weight on what the market said than on the opinions of a handful of self-anointed car experts.

Auto journalists look for qualities like "fun to drive" when praising a car to make themselves sound savvy and sexy, but for the people who actually pay the money to own the car, other characteristics (such as the vehicle not being a rolling coffin) come into play.
I think my IS350 RWD is fun to drive, and I'm coming from an E46 BMW, renowned as a driver's car. CR, of course, chose to review the pokey IS250 AWD.

Plus, being a thin guy, the "cramped" interior suits me fine, while I can understand that a big guy would feel otherwise.
Old 03-02-15, 06:26 PM
xioix
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
he bashed the RCF but loved the LFA. He is not bashing it guys. Its just a heavy *** car and the torque difference in the drag race was obvious.......very obvious.

He loves the LFA and we rejoice. He hates the RCF and we call him a liar??? LOL

Oh there will be some panties in a bunch when the GSF makes it on the show.LOL. That car will be slaughtered in a drag race on the show
He also loved the GT86/BRZ/FRS. So its not that Clarkson hates Toyota/Lexus, its the expectations form Lexus after those cars were made showed that Lexus could make a really great M4 competitor, and they didn't
Old 03-02-15, 06:31 PM
DOC4LEX
Pole Position

I think as Lexus fans we too focused on what Jezza opinion is , What about Chris Harris verdict nobody seems to take that into account he might not have a popular car TV series that is watched by millions,to he is still a credible and realiable source of Automotive opinion.

Old 03-02-15, 06:36 PM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by DOC4LEX
I think as Lexus fans we too focused on what Jezza opinion is , What about Chris Harris verdict nobody seems to take that into account he might not have a popular car TV series that is watched by millions,to he is still a credible and realiable source of Automotive opinion.
from the guy who said the lack of power in the FRS is a feature, its better than 370Z and a used cayman S, who says the RCF engine is outdated, but then writes an article worrying about 911 losing its NA feature when they go all turbo.

Last edited by 4TehNguyen; 03-02-15 at 07:07 PM.
Old 03-02-15, 06:42 PM
gyrase321
Pole Position

Chris Harris on Cars - Lexus RCF road and track test. - YouTube

A better approach is not to play that game. Stop seeking validation from any car reviewers. Do your own testing.
Old 03-02-15, 06:52 PM
DrRick
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Chris Harris on Cars - Lexus RCF road and track test. - YouTube

they hated his opinion, too. but, interestingly enough, folks LOVED justin bell's words....

hahahahaha
Old 03-02-15, 07:24 PM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by ISF001
Clarkson Attempted to Materially Misrepresent the RCF and others
How so?! You're the only one making the association between the Lexus and Tesla stories. Cough...schill...cough. What exactly did he say that was untrue?!

Last edited by TimboIS; 03-02-15 at 07:32 PM.
Old 03-02-15, 07:46 PM
buckse
Rookie

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

I think the fundamental problem with the review was that he was trying to compare the LFA to the RCF. Obviously the BMW M4 is a better class competitor to the RCF. While he did show a drag race between the RCF and M4, I think we all know that the BMW M4’s lower weight and higher torque will give it a major advantage in a drag race, so no surprises there. I think what we all wanted to see was a few hot laps and some lap times comparing the M4 to the RCF. I think this is where the RCF has surprised a few folks and might have provided a little more substance to the review.

Due to his love of the LFA, any comparison of any other car to the LFA is doomed to failure. It basically went like this: It’s heavier (than the LFA), it’s slower (than the LFA), no lap time needed, end of review. I was really disappointed with the RCF segment. Yes, it’s no LFA, and yes the M4 is faster in a drag race, but it is still does 0-60 in 4.5 seconds which is faster than most cars on the road, it sounds great, it handles great, I think it looks great, and it’s a great daily driver. I don't need Jeremy's opinion to validate my purchase. I live in the real world and not on a track, so for me, this car is a blast to drive and it puts a smile on my face every day
Old 03-02-15, 07:57 PM
Isfast
Lexus Test Driver

Received 37 Likes on 24 Posts

a better approach is not to play that game. Stop seeking validation from any car reviewers. Do your own testing.

^ + 10000000000000000
Old 03-02-15, 08:15 PM
Isfast
Lexus Test Driver

Received 37 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by streetx
lol so much butt hurt in here

The RCF missed the mark big time and if you don't realize that you're just a fan boy.
My butt does not really hurt. It has a soft warm glow (that feels quite good actually) as I decide each morning which car said butt should be placed in. Feel free to come feel it if you do not believe me.

Missing the mark is so subjective. Whose mark? What if i just bought the RCF for the tail lights???

We are car enthusiasts. Every car has good and bad traits. What do YOU want out of a car?? That is all that matters. I drove the M4 on the track. It was a fidgety basket case with bland looks. So what? I still loved it. It is an awesome car. I truly appreciate the fact that we have choices.
Old 03-02-15, 09:23 PM
rcf15
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Stop seeking validation from any car reviewers. Do your own testing.
I feel bad for those who instead of going to the dealer and try the car for themselves just sit in home hoping to read a review that will convince them to buy the car.

The biggest problem with the negative reviews is that if they weren't told the weight of the car before testing it, it wouldn't be that much of a concern.

But nowadays you get called either a butthurt fanboy, or a butthurt hater.

Last edited by rcf15; 03-02-15 at 09:26 PM.
Old 03-02-15, 11:05 PM
Rcf44
Driver School Candidate

Default Bought one that day !

The UK demonstrators arrived last week, I drove one at Ascari last December courtesy of local dealer, so spent last weekend testing it on the road and bought one of only 3 the dealer had for sale for 2015
Top Gear is my favourite programme so I was shocked by Clarksons dismissal of the RCF, and Top Gear magazine with the Sunday Times motoring column both rate it highly. Clarkson is the main contributor to both. So mixed messages, but he won't hurt sales they are virtually sold out here for 2015
Old 03-03-15, 03:57 AM
ISF001
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by TimboIS
How so?! You're the only one making the association between the Lexus and Tesla stories. Cough...schill...cough. What exactly did he say that was untrue?!
Clarkson believes Lamborghini has lost its essence of the bull with the new Huracan.

Do you believe this is a truth?

Clarkson has a DEFINITE agenda, and it runs deeper than most are seeing. The Italians and Japanese are building bad cars in his eyes. Of course, he will "scold" the Brits, but he loves the Rover--one of the most unreliable luxury SUVs in the world.

I posted the Tesla story as one example of what is going on with this guy.

Formulate your own opinions, but there is no grey area here. He materially misrepresents when it benefits his personal agenda. There is ABSOLUTELY no reason why the RC F was not driven by STIG on the track other than his fear of what the result would have been--exceptional in its class.
Old 03-03-15, 04:14 AM
Lurker9
Pole Position

Received 99 Likes on 41 Posts

I have a strong suspicion that you are 100% correct.

Originally Posted by rcf15
I feel bad for those who instead of going to the dealer and try the car for themselves just sit in home hoping to read a review that will convince them to buy the car.

The biggest problem with the negative reviews is that if they weren't told the weight of the car before testing it, it wouldn't be that much of a concern.

But nowadays you get called either a butthurt fanboy, or a butthurt hater.
Old 03-03-15, 04:17 AM
RNM GS3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 62 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by ISF001
Clarkson believes Lamborghini has lost its essence of the bull with the new Huracan.

Do you believe this is a truth?

Clarkson has a DEFINITE agenda, and it runs deeper than most are seeing. The Italians and Japanese are building bad cars in his eyes. Of course, he will "scold" the Brits, but he loves the Rover--one of the most unreliable luxury SUVs in the world.

I posted the Tesla story as one example of what is going on with this guy.

Formulate your own opinions, but there is no grey area here. He materially misrepresents when it benefits his personal agenda. There is ABSOLUTELY no reason why the RC F was not driven by STIG on the track other than his fear of what the result would have been--exceptional in its class.
Lots of reviewers have said that about the new Huracan, that its not a true Lambo anymore because even your grandma can drive it.

Also RCF has NOT won even one comparison and for the most of top auto media outlets has been reviewed very poorly.

These are the same Auto Journalists that LOVE LFA, GT86/BRZ, current GS, current IS, past ISF.
So you cant really say they have an agenda.

Land Rover / Jaguar reliability issues are all in the past......they have been making reliable cars since at least 2010.
My dad owns a 2014 XJL now with 25k miles - no issues. Long term reliability obviously will not match Lexus but who keeps these cars for that long.

Last edited by RNM GS3; 03-03-15 at 04:23 AM.

Quick Reply: RC-F in Top Gear [22x06] March 1st