RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Dealer Ordering Guide?

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-15, 02:25 PM
GrnLantern
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Dealer Ordering Guide?

I've searched everywhere for a PDF dealer ordering guide that lists all the options/packages (since some, like the CF package and the Performance package still aren't listed in the Lexus online configurator)... I can't find one.

Does something like this exist? I'd like to spec out my build before actually walking into a dealership.

Much appreciated!
Old 02-12-15, 04:36 PM
ISF001
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by GrnLantern
I've searched everywhere for a PDF dealer ordering guide that lists all the options/packages (since some, like the CF package and the Performance package still aren't listed in the Lexus online configurator)... I can't find one.

Does something like this exist? I'd like to spec out my build before actually walking into a dealership.

Much appreciated!
Lexus has changed what can be ordered from month to month. Anything that you find is likely to be outdated based on availabilities.

I would engage a trustworthy rep at Lexus and configure your car.
Old 02-12-15, 04:50 PM
GrnLantern
Rookie

Originally Posted by ISF001
Lexus has changed what can be ordered from month to month. Anything that you find is likely to be outdated based on availabilities.
I see. That's unfortunate, and odd... So I can't trust the online configurator? That takes the fun out of it.

Originally Posted by ISF001
I would engage a trustworthy rep at Lexus and configure your car.
Unfortunately, I don't have a trustworthy rep yet. Anyone here recommend someone in NorCal or SoCal?
Old 02-12-15, 07:49 PM
ThaDRD
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I see. That's unfortunate, and odd... So I can't trust the online configurator? That takes the fun out of it.
The configurator is garbage. It will only let you spec out a car based on what the dealer in your area purchases for their allocations. These tend to be vehicles optioned in a way that they can sell quickly. Certain options, like radar cruise, must be special ordered. Even so, I feel like they should let you spec it out on the configurator and then just tell you at the end that it would need to be special ordered.
Old 02-12-15, 08:24 PM
GrnLantern
Rookie

Originally Posted by ThaDRD
The configurator is garbage. It will only let you spec out a car based on what the dealer in your area purchases for their allocations. These tend to be vehicles optioned in a way that they can sell quickly. Certain options, like radar cruise, must be special ordered. Even so, I feel like they should let you spec it out on the configurator and then just tell you at the end that it would need to be special ordered.
I see. Wow. That's unfortunate.

Thanks for that detail, very useful.

I suppose no ordering guides are published or available? (Mercedes-AMG, BMW, and Porsche, for instance, publish them in some capacity -- BMW's are readily available on Bimmerpost.com)
Old 02-13-15, 04:14 AM
ISF001
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I see. Wow. That's unfortunate.

Thanks for that detail, very useful.

I suppose no ordering guides are published or available? (Mercedes-AMG, BMW, and Porsche, for instance, publish them in some capacity -- BMW's are readily available on Bimmerpost.com)
This is a link to an outdated preorder guide.

http://www.luxury4play.com/lexus/164...der-guide.html

This is the current brochure on the car with more current information:

http://www.lexus.com/documents/broch...MagSetting.pdf

If you visit the dealership, they can sit you down at the computer and run through every package and option.

If you want a customer order, it's the only way to quickly find out what the car will cost you. Non-custom RC-Fs appear to be coming in to dealerships at about $72,000 without the carbon TVD/performance package.